Tentatively looking for Yog friends, maybe a BF?

Discussion in 'EU Add Me!' started by Skindy, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Skindy

Skindy Getting mad, even

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The game is Scroff's old one (ScroffSr) ID 783,849,253, now my alt.
    Yog is Hypermaxed, but without any Latents or Inherit so far.
    I could actually inherit another Yog for the skill delay resistance (two of them in just four rolls in the recent Godfest - sorry about that...) and use the latent slots for something else than SDRs. Suggestions welcome - for alternative inherits too.

The thing you should know before friending me though is that I'm pretty well only a solo player. I guess that might change now, having got a monster that really needs co-op to shine, but co-op will always need to be an infrequent event.

If I get some traction, I plan to put Yog up in slot 2 (retaining BMyr in slot 1, and relegating Ilmina to request duty - sorry about that, anyone using her). My other leads are commonplace, so the friend slots really need to be filled with two permed from those three.

Let me know if you're interested, and thanks.

Skindy

2. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    Congrats on Yog! Don't inherit them, Yog is arguably his own best sub. It almost doesn't matter what you run as the last three subs, Yog Yog X Y Z Yog will make A1 a breeze. For example, Yog Yog Leonis x 3 Yog is a fully unbindable team with looping haste active which allows for 5 minute runs where 2 combos is sufficient for every floor apart from combo shields and Kali. (Leonis is just an example, he's pretty common so I figured you might have several).

Regarding inherits, somewhere on your team there needs to be a Fujin active (else Sopdet/Vishnu = death). This could be on your friends Yog (for instance mine). Other than that I don't really think you need to bother about inherits, Yog teams typically use actives lots so the inherits never come up. A couple of SDR would help if you have them spare, but no big deal if you remember to conserve orbs before floors with skill delays.

3. Skindy

Skindy Getting mad, even

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks symplecto. I'll check this out. I only have one Leonis (I bet I've sold dupes for MP - you always regret it in the end). I do have other 7 turn CDs with haste that make light orbs, eg 2 Paimons and a Balancile ANO (or some name like that) - although neither of those guarantees enough orbs for two combos. Elia does, but of course she'd be a project to skill up and I only have the one.
    So far for Yog I've just uncritically thrown in a selection of the go-to subs for former well-used light teams, ie for Myr or Ilmina. Now I can see that going that way the cooldowns are rather long while the extra firepower is usually overkill. What I'm implicitly trying to do there is get multiple (say three) rounds of light combos out of a single board change - but it's unreliable. You can often lose nearly all your orbs to a first turn skyfall, and so I can well believe that a continuous orb replacement strategy is going to do better.
    Fujin's needed as you say. She's eluded all my games so far. DAthena and BMyr are meanwhile my most reliable A1 clears, better than the Yog teams I've tried previously - though that's maybe only because I've got a practised and usually successful Sopdet workaround for each of those preferred farming teams.
    Next job (if and when I spend enough time on Scroff's game) probably ought to be A2. Out of about half a dozen attempts so far, the furthest I've got is two deaths on Floor 20, once to Lifive and once to Ilsix. A second inheritable Ra, courtesy of the June Bride REM, should make reaching Floor 20 a formality and thus clearing A2 a matter of time only. Since the real reward is access to A3, I'm only thinking in terms of clearing it once.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 8:12 AM
  4. symplecto

symplecto (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Staff Member

User ID:
    If you don't have any enhanced yellow orb awakenings on your team then Sopdet can be killed with Yog without needing a Fujin active. Vishnu however in A2 requires Fujin (as does HeraD in A3). But you should be good with just one Fujin in A2, which can be your friend's inherit. If you're running Paimon subs then of course you will have lots of yellow + awakenings, this makes Sopdet harder but not impossible—use an orb changer to make non-yellow orbs yellow and then match some non +'d ones.

5. Skindy

Skindy Getting mad, even

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks again - but I think my Arena options, at least until I roll my own Fujin, are probably elsewhere than Yog.
    I might just have a go at barrelling through A1 with the Pottery-thing on board. It's the skill-up mat for Hiko out of the Kenshin Collab, and for some reason I kept one. Its active neutralises damage absorb for a turn and so let's you by-pass one of the floors mentioned, but in all other respects you're running one sub light.