That may be it for me....

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Apr 12, 2020.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After having collecting over 300 stones, I rolled pretty much all of them on the 10 stones REM...
    At fist moderately, but then out of rage due to poor luck.... and it's been pretty the drop which caused the overflow...
    I haven't really played much since. (Basically: 30+ rolls: only one 7* roll... )

For the past week or two, I've just been doing the stone dungeon each day, and that's it.
    It's the first time since the introduction of the exchange grinding mechanism that I haven't collected the exchange monster. Had to force my self to collect the stones clearing each floor of the collab.

I'm sad to admit that I kind of loss the will to play.
    To be fair my luck in the recent collabs and such has been not been great recently, I guess it happens :)
    I probably sounds like a brat complaining about a bad toy he got for Xmas :D but the sheer bad luck has just been the extra push

I've enjoyed the game less and less over that last year... and I'm getting a bit bored of playing with the same old mechanics; I feel like since the 7c meta they haven't really change the gameplay much. They revived a bit of the blob meta and with the automatic FUA, but it wasn't so much a new gameplay rather than a simplified one.
    I did wanted to play the L mechanics, and was probably the only one :) Hard to find friend or good leader for that.

Whereas the new "transform" meta, it not really a new mechanics, it's just their way to try to put some restriction on the team building like in the old days. The gameplay has literally not changed.

That said, I have no idea what they could come up with to renew the gameplay, they've been amazing over the past 6 1/2 years to come up with new ideas: color combo => row => tpa => less than 80% hp => 7c => vdp .... while adding other way to kill floors etc... kudos to their designers.
    Sadly, I haven't really seen much change since that 7c/vdp one.

I've been playing this game for over 6 years straight... I remember I started playing the game the week the introduced the awoken skills :D (Tamadra were very rare back then lol) My very first roll was Echidna :) I was super happy about it, and now it's a complete trash monster you get by just clearing dungeons lol.

Maybe it's time to take a break... who knows; I may be hitched to come back in the future.

So long everyone, it was fun to read/chat/participate in this forum.

Ele, Murdurus, MisterDrgn and 2 others like this.
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can sympathize with every line of your post.

My interest has been waning lately as well. I also saved stones for the Sacred Relic Dragon REM only to burn over 100 stones on both accounts with disappointing results. (I pulled Grigory, 2 Duval, and Polowne on my alt, but I was really hoping to roll Dyer on my alt to have a lead to pair with Akine on my main for co-op.)

My few rolls for SAO were rubbish and I don't want to trade for Alice since I have limited fodder and the meta shifts so quickly.

I'll probably farm REMDra Fever until I get bored then go back to maintenance mode until NA gets the next major set of evos: https://pad.protic.site/new-evolution-buffs-kanna-aten-and-more-srevo/

Fortunately, PAD is the kind of game where you can put it down for a while, maybe log in just for daily rewards, and return when you want.

Enjoy your time away from PAD and godspeed!

3. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Definitely understand. I can see this probably being me in a few months. My dupe stash for trades is finally running low, I’m not doing IAP anymore, and I’ve been playing long enough that the only things that really hold any value are at the top rarity. Given my own atrocious luck at the Relic REM, I’m not exactly expecting to roll high rarity stuff any time soon.

4. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I login every day but play wise I never know what to do...the transform was cool for a hot second but I mean I feel like you can steamroll content with the same teams you always use. The rewards are also somewhat underwhelming even for top content. Piis and killers...I really wish you could get more rare top tier monsters through harder content..I really miss getting mp monsters as well.. yomi dragon used to be my go to when she was released and she just came out with a new evo that's just gonna collect dust..I really wish some monsters, especially ones that give me nostalgia got a little more attention and thought put into them. I really do enjoy the game but sometimes it gets to be a slog. Also I remember farming one of the beginning dungeons for a rare echidna drop and siren drop when I first started lol

Murdurus and iddybat like this.
  5. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Yeah, I hear you. I still play every day, but many days it's just for a few minutes (granted, some days it's a lot more). I think that's the only way I can stay involved in the game at this point.

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm very much in the same boat. Every other time REMdra Fever came around, I got max points and got the crown but this time around, I couldn't bring myself to do it. Mostly, it's because I've been too busy with WoW to play much of anything else but also, PAD simply has gotten relatively stale. The transform monsters are a neat idea but they aren't really all too practical and really isn't needed under most circumstances; they're just a new toy to play with and aren't must-haves simply due to their gimmicky nature. So long as PAD doesn't introduce some absurd mechanic that only a transform monsters can deal with, I don't see how transform monsters are going to be 'required'.

I don't really see myself quitting PAD but I'm also struggling to find a reason to continue playing outside of the fact that it's been a game I've been playing since near the release. Every once in a while, I find that certain spark again that reminds me why I continue playing PAD but it just hasn't happened as of late; maybe I just need a new leader to play with? Either way, I understand the feeling of wanting to quit but I don't see me actually quitting and worst case scenario, I'll at least log in for my stones, kinda like what I'm doing now.

7. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Fuk, I sux...... this is a real addiction...

I was following MisterDragon's motto; kind of logging in every day.... not doing much... just collecting the daily bonuses....
    I saw on my Youtube feeed the new Mantastic's video about the new GFE; and since I didn't care much about my stones, I figured I give it a few rolls...
    First roll: Neptune, Second: Lucifer, both crap as expected... and since well 30% chance for a GFE, why not doing a third and last roll trying to get a GFE for future trades, in case my interest for the game got a boost....
    And yeah, I got seriously lucky, pulled: Frasca, and I just needed to try her out... Dang it.... I really have no personal will.. :( Yeah, that stupid GFE brought me back for a bit, until I get tired of her :)

hoyun, Sunsphere and MisterDrgn like this.