That s...ks..... Stupid animation... (about 15 min challenge)

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Mar 14, 2020.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I literally cleared the dungeon a fraction of second before the 15min threshold, sadly the 'death' animation of the XP dragon count in that 15min... that animation was long enough to kill me....

Overall, that didnt help that I went with a half-ass team... Lost a lot of time on Sadalmek; later I got 3/5 sub bound for 10 turns... Cloud crap etc... well, can't be helped.

Still so sad to have lost so close.... If only I had disable the 'active confirmation popup' I would have cleared it on my first try :D
    DOH!!!!!

HappyNoms likes this.
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ouch. :(

I didn't make it that far before I ran out of time:

[​IMG]

This dungeon is, for me, the straw that broke the camel's back and convinced me to take a proper break from PAD.

I'll still log in for daily goodies and to refresh leads, but I need to step away from this game for a while. It's not good for my mental health (or, at least, unreasonably strict timed challenges aren't).

xer 21 likes this.
  3. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Your team looks like it has quite a few attackers. Maybe try with Faska if you havent already.

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I thought about pairing with a 7x6 lead, but my concern is that my skill is insufficient to combo fast enough to clear the dungeon. :/ I guess it's worth a try?

I also tried Scheat x Madoo and made it to Verdandi, but ran out of time with 2 turns of Verd's damage void shield remaining.

Ina x Genjuro teams failed.

Akine teams failed.

I've burned 4 stones and spent hours on this miserable dungeon. I feel like this dungeon is designed to punish players who didn't roll hard or trade for Yugi (but my frustration and post after post of Yugi x Nelle clears may be clouding my judgment).

5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Finished it with 2.75 seconds left, with Valentine Ideal, on the second try without realizing it was going to be that close (was slow a few floors). Composition ended up with 3 different anti-void abilities, base and 2 assists, to deal with the obnoxious number of void floors. Team was V.Ideal^flex - Akine^Akine - NY Yomi^anti-void - Wedding Rushana^flex - Snow Reece^anti-absorb - friend V.Ideal^anti-void

I tried on alt with Rao, because his team damage is fine and he is well positioned with free anti-FUA follow-up and easy void break boxes, but there are several different floors that -99 you and-or mess with your hp (the most egregious is the floor that reset fixes you to 1000 if you don't sweep, into the next floor being a 20k+ auto-death pre-emptive - seriously wtf bad mannered, that bit, but typical gungho). I think with a full heal ability, it would be doable, but I was too lazy to bother retrying, because alt is for the lulz and formerly for self-trading orbs and such.

You can 50-50 whether you need bind break on the leads on whether you random into Fuma, or perhaps use the badge, I'm not sure if badge counters. You usually only need 1 anti-absorb, for floors like Rushana/Shark, and should pop it on sight. You can run into 3-4 different anti-void floors, which is excessive, and there is quite a bit of FUA, but most of it doesn't hit very hard and it's easy to swipe away non-hearts a quick turn to get to the hearts to sweep.

If you run out of anti-void for end Norn floor, but you were relatively fast, you can just 1 match out for 5 turns to wait the void out. I ended up misusing skills the Valentine Ideal 2nd run that succeeded,and did that, hence the close finish.

I think 6x7 would be viable, since V.Ideal is slowish in 5x6 with her extra combo animations every single floor. The dungeon doesn't particularly punish you for comboing, it's much more about the excessive/gratuitous number of FUA / anti-void floors.

6. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    7x6 is doable. humble bragged it 3x with Faska/Blue Fujin (Wife's 2 accts and my alt) and also once with a Rin/Fagan 7x6 switch team. Time remaining varied from 8 seconds to something like 150+ seconds on the Rin/Fagan team.

On a different note...good to see you post again. I have you on my friends list and know you didnt quit but rarely see you post in the forums. Also V Ideal/Fagan 7x6 switch is a blast in coop if you havent tried and assuming you have Fagan/enough SB.

7. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    F........ With that C19 stuff and other personal stuff, I completely forgot to try again.... DOH....
    Crap! :(

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I ended up clearing the challenge a few hours before it ended.

Here's a copy/paste from my PAD blog:

The bad news is I have the impulse control of a toddler when it comes to PAD (in terms of playing, not spending; I guess it could be far worse).

The good news is that, after 7 stones, too much time, and way too many attempts, I finally cleared the 15-minute A4 challenge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Team was:

B&J ! Helen equip / Kanan ! Poppy equip (#5755) / Scheat ! Weld equip / Claymore ! ALugh / Akine ! Kunpoo equip + B&J friend ! Weld equip

SAs were:

B&J: physical killer, Kanan: cloud resist, Scheat: TPA, Claymore: 7c, Akine: poison resist+

All cards were level 110.

This...was a miserable experience. I want to feel good about finally clearing the dungeon, but the victory is soured by how much time I wasted on previous attempts (during a weekend, when I could and should have been more focused on my family).

Yes, I claimed the prize.

But I still think a hiatus is in order.

CloudnineXXX likes this.