That teaches me from going blind in a new dungeon :D

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by kandjar, May 28, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Yep... lasted 17 turns...
    When the heart skyfall is not willingly.... not much I can do...

ko300zx likes this.
  2. Vio

Vio Member

I learned the lesson before as well.
    As i quit the game for so long there are tons of dungeon I didnt clear and I stil enter them blind, but i always throw in a reeche assit and make sure theres fua and vdp and awoken bind clear.

3. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    To be fair, I'm enjoying going blind in dungeons, even if that means loosing; as I don't have much else to do with my stam, as least I'm learning the dungeon as I'm going through :D and do some post-planning (instead of the pre-planning I used to do)

Vio likes this.
  4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I like this approach for permanent dungeons, but stuff I'm just going to do once, sometimes I just like to know what I'm doing so I can be done with it.

5. Vio

Vio Member

Ya i enjoy the game this way too.(even other games)
    I like to explore by myself instead of looking at walkthroughs.
    Also now Stam replenish so fast it doesnt really hurt failing couple times. Back then it was 10 min for 1 stam, if you fail two mythical it is pretty much done for the day.

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I ended up stoning the dungeon once because I got Gaia to spawn while playing a rainbow team, it's an automatic death right there; there was literally no way for me to kill her.

As far as going in blind, it's fine as long as there aren't absolute bullshit mechanics that prevents certain teams from completing it (e.g. Gaia). FUA? Fine. VDP? Fine. Hazards? Fine. But when a RANDOM spawn happens that essentially tells you, "You picked the wrong playstyle and you're unlucky AF to have me spawn and now you're going to die for it" is like uh... ok? High percentage poison skyfalls can potentially fall into that same category; if you're unlucky and a chain of poison skyfalls match, you're just going to die.

TLDR; fuck Gaia

7. Morfie

Morfie Member

PADherder:
    link
    I like how it feels like every time the playerbase develops a new system or strategy the game gets a new bullshit mechanic to counter it.

Oh, you can do 10 billion damage? Well, I absorb anything over 1 million!

Oh you have blind resistance? POCKET CLOUDS!

Oh you can survive a preemptive strike? Now introducing DOUBLE PREEMPTIVE strike!