The "backup list" + questions about friends and mail

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Ryuzaito, May 13, 2014.

1. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    All my PAD career I've been either deleting or accepting friend requests as soon as I see them because I can't stand having the little notification on the Friends tab >_>; But earlier today I was talking with a friend and he said it's better to just keep a spot open and leave all your requests hanging because you essentially get a second "backup" friends list should you not have a certain lead available and a request happens to be using it. Just add them (if they haven't filled up their list), use them for what you need, and delete them to keep the requests coming, no need to expand your list or anything. I had a couple questions come to mind about it:

1. I realize that heavy IAPers require tons and tons of friends to run whatever dungeon ten million times in one hour, but in terms of casual players, does everyone do this? Am I just stupid for not realizing this?

2. Do friend requests expire? Kinda defeats the purpose of the backup list if they do, imo.

3. Would you be annoyed if someone you don't even remember requesting added you a month later? I feel like leaving a request hanging for weeks on end is a bit impolite .___.

Thanks for responses! ^_^

2. Haku Or Die

Haku Or Die The IT crowd

I used to do this before I expanded my Friends list. But it gets to a point where it becomes maddening because I hate having those little icons as well. Its OCD or something haha. Either way I finally caved and increased my list to 180. (Totally worth it!)

1. You are not stupid just keep in mind they may fill up friend slots as well and you may not be able to add them when you need them.

2. Pretty sure they expire in like 10-15 days.

3. Ha! Good guy PAD player :D But yeah I used to feel kind of bad not accpeting people immediately and keeping them till I needed them. But if your low on friend space you gotta do what you gotta do : /

Gl Ryu! Hopefully this helps.

3. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    Thanks, I'll give it a try to see how long I last before going mad. ^~^ I don't think #1 should really be a problem since I never really have an urgent need to run something and I can always just ask for friends here. And my friend said he had requests from like a month ago, guess I'll just keep one as an experiment to find out if/when they expire ◕‿◕

4. Haku Or Die

Haku Or Die The IT crowd

Hehehe sounds like a plan ^_^ Do let us know how it goes I am interested now.

5. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm guessing they last indefinitely
    [​IMG]

6. Ryuzaito

Ryuzaito Demon General

User ID:
    ...oh. Thanks, haha! Although knowing GungHo there is a possibility of a popup appearing if you try to accept it rather than them deleting the request from your inbox :/

7. Haku Or Die

Haku Or Die The IT crowd

Woah 58d! I let a friend invite sit for 48 days! Dang....