The journey to obtain RagDra (aka May Quest)

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by sgt502, May 1, 2018.

1. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

@Vaedriel, @sgt502, thanks! I'll send you an invite @Vaedriel, but I'll also be open to trying the dungeon with a damage void.

2. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got your invite and put Uruka on my Gronia. I also put 2 SDRs on Gronia. Will work on getting some more.

cjo likes this.
  3. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

I got her! Thanks @Vaedriel! Now I just have to grind a bit.

Gig and Vaedriel like this.
  4. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    I did with Raijin, except the Tricolor.
    Don't remember how exactly I did, but I used Tengu as sub in one dungeon to Fujin be ready, also I stoned once (can't remember where), but she's very capable.
    I didn't co-op, so my Alt still uncleared tho:cyclops:

sgt502 likes this.
  5. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I 2 stoned Mathena, but did not need a spike. 1 stone was on Revo ADKZ because I was a super idiot and both forgot to heal AND left him with a sliver of health. Just didn't want to redo the dungeon. Then I spent another on Mathena because I actually was doing too much damage while stalling for my Lugh inherit to come up, and it was dropping her very quickly to her 50% 138k hit--I think I knocked her into it on the 2nd or 3rd turn. I should have just comboed harder to trigger her absorb, but I was feeling cocky.

With a little more care on this dungeon it can be zero-stoned if anyone on your team has a Fujin/Lugh inherit. Just avoid that hit at 50%. A decent Fio or Ishida board can do 42m damage. Since you can stall, if one Fio is bad, pop your 2nd Fio... or Ishida... you can stall until you get a good enough board.

6. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zeal would be a good place to stall for Fujin active if you brought one. Just remember to leave those jammers alone. He will convert them into heart the next turn, and when his void is gone, kill. For a team with Fujin active, it should be prepared to one shot MAthena. Don't forget to equip SDR on your board changer+Fujin+spike. Star Justice and MAthena will cast skill delay.

Murdurus and Vaedriel like this.
  7. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C8, C9 and C10 done, all D Ideal/D Ideal in coop.

Jize for the amelit in C8 and the rest was smooth.

C9, i had my partner use nergigante to erase the red/blue skyfall and then we just comboed zeus vulcan down. I brought a devil killer latented Ace Horus to snipe the Herme Ra ( i took dragon killers off my team to make Zeus Vulcan more consistent).

C10 we died first try because i forgot Artemis had a preempt and forgot to shield. next run was smooth as hell. Partner used nerg to FUA floor 2, i delayed floor 3 with Ideal, and later used odindra to clear the awoken bind on artemis (and remembered to shield), Fujin sub to kill vishnu, partner used my sheen spike to kill the 6th floor (didnt need the spike that turn, but didnt want to waste it pre Heph dra), and I used the L Jorm inherit on my Paimon to FUA and kill hephdra.

C8 was harder than C9, which was harder than C10. they keep getting it backwards.

just need to do descends to finish this off.

8. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    C10 gave me some trouble, only Vishnu, with BSonia solo. I couldn’t outlast his bullshit mechanics until my Fujin inherit came up. I made the dumb mistake of using a stone on him, lost the rcv skyfall, but killed him anyway in several turns—lucked out on no 7c skyfalls—with Orochi for insurance in his Giant Form. After I beat him the last two floors were nothing.

Now I’m supposed to evolve another RagDrag?

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Completed all the easy stuff a few days ago, keeping this (my 3rd) RagDrag in his current form for any "No dupe" runs where I want to double up on RagDrag's.

Vaedriel likes this.
  10. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got so tired of farming gold keepers this weekend. So. Tired.

I even had to expand my box space a few times to make room for them, knowing I'd need a bunch more golems from the Monday dungeon. But at least the weekend dungeon exists, letting me farm pretty much all the mats at will.

Of course, I still need a bunch of green jewels now. I burned through all of mine evolving a few weapons. So many evo bottlenecks for this bastard.

11. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I got in a pretty good habit over the last year of just evo'ing random stuff as I had the mats. Frees up box space and mats are ready to go for random evos. Only took me like 150-200 stam and 45 mins to do Rag drag. Even with stacking evo mats coming up, it's a good habit to get into if you have extras laying around.

Vaedriel likes this.
  12. AktionMan

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For sure. My mistake was not keeping any golems laying around, because Ragdra needs a billion of them. And a few of the dungeons (Ninegaruda) I hadn't even gotten to yet, since I just never bothered to do some of them. So that meant more evolving.

The jewels are definitely the bottleneck now though.

xer 21 likes this.
  13. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If trading didn't take 30 days, I'd give them to you. Have too many :/

AktionMan likes this.
  14. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    I would have really appreciated the second RagDrag a year ago, when his leadership ability was meta.

Still nice, but I’m in no hurry to evo him. I don’t have any team that needs it.

Vaedriel likes this.
  15. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

Finished C10 with 3 stones, mainly because I could not fit a Delay into my team that would also be ready by Floor 3. I had to rely on Rathian equip to make 1st floor just Jammers and bombs to match along with all of my other colors. I realized that if he didn't die, I'd get hit hard if any Jammers were left on the board. Making this guy on Floor 1 in a No RCV dungeon is insane, because 3 Mortal poisons and no hearts is just mean. With no poison resist you'd have to have a lot of HP just to survive it's normal hit if you cleared all the dangers + Mortal poison damage taken already. I matched bombs, Jammers, and 7 combos of other colors and swept him. My 2 stones came from taking 1 hit from DMeta Tama after I surviving his 1st hit due to shields from both leaders and then because there's no RCV in this dungeon the floor 4 pre-emptive kills me. I was ready to clear the Awoken bind with VDP Ney but since the 1st hit killed me it never did that skill. I purposely put a Raphael assist on my NY Kami because it was a value greater than 16 (it is 23). So when I hit the final floor, I was exactly 8 turns away from that skill being up and -15 (8 + 15 = 23) made it so I had NY Kami base skill active to attempt a shot with a FUA, but I accidentally messed up in my orb movement and didn't complete the column or the blue orb matches. I had exactly 3 blues on the whole board all at 3 different corners. I put the boss at around 55% health so I whittled it down below 50% then I got orb trolled and my next round brought him low enough he did me kinda hard, used stone #3, then subsequently beat him.

Now I just have Serket descended left, I hate this dungeon and don't want to stone this at all. Anyone know of a Leader that can create a 7x6 board, had fire attribute as a main or sub, and has Guard Break Awakening? Thanks.

16. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    for the dmeta tama, you want to delay THAT. it gives you two turns to ping it 11 times, so a delay GREATLY improves that floor. you can do it over two turns, but if you have even two cards missing sub attributes, or you're missing a color, or you have guard break, you're screwed.

the Artemis preempt DOES suck though.

as for Hephaestus dragon, in the future, you should just one shot him. he'll heal back 50% without hitting you, then you can chip him past the resolve and then one shot again. no need for a FUA.

King Bradley from FMA.

17. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

I was able to do it with VDP Ney (leader), Kuulia, OdinDra, Kiri, Myr, Clea (friend) (Serket Descended).

I now have my very own fully Evo'd RagDra! I got God Killer SA on my 1st try too!

AktionMan and xer 21 like this.
  18. KeViN

KeViN Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Cleared everything solo with RootsXDiablos and BSonia. C10 took a few tries to figure out the right assists for my Roots team. Stalled on Vishnu for Leona assist to come up. Took HepDra down in 3 turns.

19. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    OMG... I just cleared all the descended dungeons to complete the May Quest, I sent all my rewards to my mail, I clicked on my free RagDra... and he's already got his first damn evo? WTF? I don't want to hear any complaints about evo'ing his @$$. Geez. I just have to evo my Star Justice and a Ninegaruda and done!

sgt502 and xer 21 like this.
  20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Make another