The loss of Padx made me lose interest in the game.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Tachii, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No idea where to put this, as this is not really a rant, nor an accomplishment, just a random dude's feeling on a game that I played for over 1000 days.

Padx was, at one point, one of my most viewed sites. Everyday I used to wake up, check if there was new PAD news, anticipating evolutions, new monsters, new guides to dungeons. This is no longer the case. I know there's other resources, but no other resources was as accessible as Padx. I don't like reading broken translated English from a japanese website. Padguide is no where near as accessible as Padx. Etcetc. Accessibility is a big deal to me. If something is tedious to find resources on, it just doesn't make it worth it for me to invest time in it.

I wouldn't say the loss of Padx was the sole reason that's making me quit, but it's kind of like a final nail in the coffin. I've enjoyed PAD for over 1000 days, it's probably enough. I thought I'd only quit when PAD NA retires but I guess I'm the first one to retire. The lack of accessible information on the game itself and a good resource just makes me lose motivation.

It's been a good 3 years PAD, but this is likely a goodbye.

Vaedriel, Tek7, Arranging and 6 others like this.
  2. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

I agree! I may be joining you soon!

3. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Seemed like a bad sign that you only had one green lead in your sig. It's been nice talking to you/using your leads. I'm barely playing these days, personally.

4. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Personally, the most obnoxious thing is that now there's no convenient place I can go to copy/past the Japanese names into youtube so I can find team comps from Japan.

samuelburtt likes this.
  5. Hansey

Hansey Casual scrub since February 2013

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm with you @Tachii . Truthfully, I'd been playing less frequently already, but without PadX, and by extension PadHerder (since I believe PadHerder scrubbed a lot of data directly from PadX), the game feels like more of a chore than it used to. I agree with you 100% on all the reasons why the alternative sites out there don't quite cut it.

It makes me sad, because in general, I still enjoy PAD, even as a more casual player. But the difficulty in obtaining information definitely contributes to my dwindling desire to play.

Tek7 likes this.
  6. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
  7. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bruh you don't even have a green lead in your sig. What is dis.

But yeah you hit a nail there, green is basically my weakest color. My sig is pretty outdated as I also have DAthena and LHeradragon, etcetc.
    I have the discord channel and have the reddit subscribed, but neither of them matches the accessibility of Padx.

Currently I've moved on to another game now (FE Heroes) and they have a gamepress website which reminds me of Padx. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

8. hoyun

hoyun Well-Known Member

I once thought about making another database website myself, but that database designs for the dungeon info is way too complicated for me.

9. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    All of that will change when we finally get Awoken Vishnu.

...who am I kidding?

I have been playing a bit of Nees, who is almost a green lead.

samuelburtt likes this.
  10. arditi

arditi Mostly a lurker

User ID:
    I share the same sentiment. Still like the game but now without the database I'm completely lost on every aspect of the game. From dungeon requirements to new monsters and evolutions or even mechanics. I don't see how the game could survive without it. I'm aware of other resources but a website is a must for a game like this where technically every dungeon is different from one another. I'm afraid if they don't get it back up and running i wont log on anymore.

Tek7 likes this.
  11. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    I saw your nees up. Do you have enough friend leaders? Or do you pair with something else? I can pop mine in BF slot for a while if you'll use it! :)

12. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    PadGuide has a little video icon at the bottom of the monsters page. This lets you click it and it will either load youtube videos in the app or you can choose to search for it in youtube. Even easier than copy pasting monsters.

13. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Same for dungeons. It’s even taught me Japanese. If I see a “3” in the title that means it’s A3. “9” or “10” means challenges. It feels great to be multi lingual and cheaper than Rosetta Stone!

Vaedriel, Freddy, bp1976 and 2 others like this.
  14. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    A few of the close people that I play with have hardly been touching the game lately, saying that everything now is just BS mechanics and you need the rarest cards just to get through them.

I see it a different way. All of us used to pull up PADX on a desktop/laptop while we played and before we started a lengthy dungeon. You could see all of the mechanics letting you see exactly what you needed to bring. The death of PADX means you are looking elsewhere to see what you need, which is often a pain in the ass. PadGuide being limited to an app is terrible if you coop. I (we) prefer to check back throughout the dungeon rather than trying to memorize each floor. Good luck staying connected to your partner if you do that with PadGuide. You could watch Youtube videos to get a decent idea of what happens, but you will only see a limited number of mechanics. No alternative is on par with having a desktop option available.

This all leads to unnecessary deaths and essentially a waste of stam and people's time. It isn't fun. The mechanics aren't all that different these days, there's just no convenient way to see them before they end your run. The resources available from GH are pathetic. Sadly Padguide chose to go app-only, which was a big mistake imo.

Worst thing about PADX though is that it seems there are people who are willing to continue putting in the work, but BetaTester is just holding them back. Why people won't give other's access to continue on with something like that is beyond me. Oh well. We'll see how much longer people can drag along before it's time to move on for good.

15. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
  16. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Whoa, I had no idea.

Life is so much easier now.

RageSedai likes this.
  17. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @ko300zx

Even though I'm still playing, I can definitely understand your friends' pain. I still have yet to roll a damage void elimination monster, so there's still a ton of dungeons that I don't even attempt, solely because of all the absorb/voids that seem to be constantly pushed out lately.

I mean, they could at least make a skill up monster with damage void that's not tied to an unskillable monster for those of us who have terrible REM luck. Why do the skill ups for all the damage void monsters have to be tied to monsters that can't even be skilled up? I mean, they've already given us a farmable attribute absorb skill in the form of Bride!Persephone's skill up, so why not a farmable damage absorb? I don't care how much it's stats would stink, as long I had something to tide me over until I roll something better.

18. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow i never have known this in the 3+ years I have been playing this game

RageSedai likes this.
  19. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Thanks. I have one Nees bf, but they seem to leave her up fairly consistently. Aside from Nees/Nees, I like Romia/Nees, with Li inherited on my Nees, but that's mostly for long dungeons. I don't run the team a lot anyway. I cleared C8, which was a 7x6, but only after an embarrassing number of screw-ups.

samuelburtt likes this.
  20. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I really miss my PadHerder. That is the biggest drawback of losing PADX, IMHO. With two accounts and nearly 1200+ cards between them, I really liked the management aspect of Herder. I am really, really lost now in game and waste a lot of time trying to figure out what the hell I need.