The new killer latents

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by MisterDrgn, Nov 30, 2016.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Wow, GungHo finally gave people a reason to want that sixth latent slot (apologies to anyone who sold it for the MPs). With six slots, you can get three killer latents (or the two-slot stat buff latents, but those seem less exciting).

I'm really curious how the killer latents stack. Like, just for fun, suppose you put three devil killers on Noctis, who already has one devil killer. Assuming they stack at all, that could be:
    3 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 10.125x (!!)
    or
    3 + .5 + .5 + .5 = 4.5x (still pretty nice)
    or even
    3 * (1.5 + .5 + .5) = 7.5x

Really any of these could allow you to build a specialized killer to obliterate one type of monster. Maybe god killer for Kali in Arena, plus all those other gods. Altho that could suck if you're enhanced vs. Sopdet/Parvati...

2. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

just going to leave this here

[​IMG]

nickjr, philsov, Haku-ku-ku and 8 others like this.
  3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Really crazy that they gave all these options to balanced for some reason. Also the stat boost is pretty solid for inheriting cards of the same attribute and gives me a reason to skill up a Venus along with my DD yomi for Radra or others. Also cool for the late bloomer dragons because of how long the skill is and they are free basically so you could enhance anything a little bit. Fafnir on ragnarok could be cool. Orochi on Isis is even better. Just keep unskilled verdandi a and slap them on kaedes. Ronove on Ronove which people already do anyways.
    Lots of options. Hope the next stream they focus on catching up doddling pantheons

4. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wonder how the type restrictions work with evolutions. Like if you evo'd Horus to R/R (balanced) form before reincarnating him, maybe you can stick any killers on him, then reverse evo, awaken, and reincarnate to have some unusual killer setups that shouldn't normally be possible?

nickjr likes this.
  5. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They will have to address this, probably something along the lines of the same warning you get when you ultimate something with a new skill that it will be reset. So you'll be prompted that you'll lose said awakenings by going that route.

6. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Have fun unlocking that 6th slot.

1.5x is pretty solid. Kind of like the rock-paper-scissors they got between the three stat based typings.

7. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

That pristine smile is the smile of a Killer.

nickjr, igneus, Raizel and 2 others like this.
  8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Getting 1-2 isn't too crazy for long-time players. Beyond that it's tough unless you can win crowns.

It's definitely a super limited resource, so better to think very carefully before investing. But I'd have trouble resisting triple killer latents, if they stack decently.

9. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Great point. I would guess they are additive, like the resist latents. But that 10.125X would be worth burning a 297, for sure!

10. azul120

azul120 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All pre-existing element resist awakenings have always been additive.

Killer awakenings have all to this point been multiplicative, so it stands to reason these latents will be as well.

11. igneus

igneus Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    This is absolutely perfect for my ARa MZeus carry team. I can stack machine killers on most of the subs, which'll up my clear rate to near 100% (with the only deaths being due to stupidity of the partner).

Hopefully these killers don't cost too much MP. I'll buy them even if they do, tbh. I have no interest in any of the current MP cards.

12. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Don't worry, they won't cost MP. YamaP mention that they will be available (only) in Arena 2+3.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  13. FoxtrotFool

FoxtrotFool Well-Known Member

You never know... with power creep it will eventually be widely available and available in MP