The Stupidity is Strong

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by houndstooth, Mar 5, 2015.

1. houndstooth

houndstooth Bad at puzzles, likes pretty pictures

PADherder:
    link
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one to have made terrible judgement calls in PAD. From now on, it's the straight and narrow for me: if I don't have it, then too bad.

But yeah, being able to evolve Liu Bei should mean I'll have that team to work on and tide me over for everything else, which can be secondary, like slowly starting to level up some other teams.

2. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can't believe you feel like you need a uvo Liu Bei to clear normal dungeons and level your monsters...

3. Night Fury

Night Fury Blue Sonia is my Waifu Knight

lies!!! :(

4. Freyjan

Freyjan Active Member

Nah it truly is a great rate....for the fruits you don't need. Just like running the dungeon for them.

5. 1835831108

1835831108 Ult Pandora <3

User ID:
    All threes (333,333,333)
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh also, when you are doing the magic stones challenge, many mistakes are prevented. (But many be not spending a stone in the whole 2015 seems like a bigger mistake than 20 stoning Trifruits.)

6. dunggah

dunggah Member

Stupidity is definitely strong but in the big picture, its only 20 stones. I'm sure a lot of the veteran players have amounted to wasting 20 stones in their pad career. You just hit that mark faster. I've done 4 rolls during godfest and came out with absolutely trashier items than a trifruit.

7. Priapus

Priapus Valar Morghulis

User ID:
    Yeah, you can get 4 golems, but you can also get 4 gods that can change your PAD life.

My biggest waste of stoning in dungeons was 6 stones for Zeus Dios back when I used AA Lucifer as a main. I ended up never even using him and only evolved him recently to UVO Ceres. I thought 6 was excessive. 20 is just...wrong.

8. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    We've all made dumb decisions in PAD. Impatience and frustration makes us do crazy things. I haven't spent 20 on a single dungeon, but a few separate dungeons I've done 5 - 7.....partly out of desperation, partly rage-stoning, partly impatience. All bad decisions, but whatever. Recognize it wasn't a great use of stones and resolve to do it differently next time.

Don't beat yourself up over it and enjoy your LIUUU Bei. I really wish I had one.

Yeah, maybe you ultimately have some better team options, but Liuuu bei is awesome, and a team filled with double and triple TPAs is super fun to use. And ultimately it's about having fun anyway, right?

9. Chenzi

Chenzi Well-Known Member

To be fair, I mean decent in a relative sense. :p

I honestly think that for rarer evo-mats the masks and fruits have a decent appearance rate, as compared to the "Yeah, we're technically in here" spirit orbs.

10. Tachii

Tachii Scrubby Sauce

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And I thought I was feeling stupid using 2 stones for Friday Mythical... :<

11. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If it makes you feel better, I spent 11 stones on Take Descend.
    I didn't need take, I was just stressed and wanted to beat the descend in front of me

You should have seen my face the next day when I realized where my stones had gone

Don't stress and pad guys. Don't stress and pad

12. IronH

IronH Paralysis by Analysis

Think of the bright side. Once I spent 5 stones to continue to beat Zeus with my Horus team. It taught me two lessons: 1) I barely stone to continue anymore. The only exception is when I got rare orb invade and also got blessed with 10 skyfalls (hence kick the orb into rage mode to ohko me -- yes, that's life). 2). I since made up my mind to build a (Kirin) team to be able to consistently zero stone mythical dungeons.

So if this makes you stop stoning to continue and become more patient -- yes, those 20 stones are well spent.