The thief descended is supposed to drop Plus 30 eggs. It isn't

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by mmash, Mar 30, 2018.

1. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Coming from a relatively new player who needs those plusses I'm feeling pretty ripped off right now.

2. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Just the boss at the end drops as +30. I tried the easier one just to see cause I always do the harder and both drop +30 on the boss.

3. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Yeah but in two tries the boss didn't drop. Does the boss not always appear on the last level?

4. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    On the easier difficulty the boss isn’t guarenteed drop but I believe on the harder difficulty he is guarenteed to drop. You can find people to coop with to help with the cost on discord.

mmash likes this.
  5. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Fwiw I just did it again on the lower level and it did drop but I did get screwed out of two instances.

6. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Also, what is discord?
    I run two kindles so not a big deal but interested in meeting other players.

7. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Last bit of stamina no drop on either account. I don't know if I could take the higher tier but gung ho should make it more clear it's not guaranteed unless on the higher tier.

8. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    If you're so new that you can't reliably clear thief descended mythical, plus eggs aren't remotely required for you and your issues are elsewhere. Like levels, or team comp, or something.

wangatang0830 and Snarf like this.
  9. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Discord is an app used for people to make chat groups in and such and people have turned it into a good way to find other like minded players. This is the invite for the puzzle and dragons main community channel: https://discord.gg/pad

Also there’s an easy access link from just googling “puzzle and dragons discord” if that’s easier for you. They have a lot of helpful information and there’s plenty of people who don’t mind helping newer players through content. Hope this helps.

10. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Thank you for the response Paul. Zaku.... Well you responded too, so helpful.

11. Zaku

PADherder:
    link
    You might not like the sound of it but it's the truth. I would advise you get help with your team and box first before placing farming +eggs as a priority. Thief descended is old as the hills for PAD (we're talking like 6 years old when pad is a 6 year old game) and should by most accounts be easy to clear with a coherent team without any +eggs whatsoever.

wangatang0830 likes this.
  12. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Zaku my beef is/was it states bosses drop plus 30 eggs. If you've played 6 years then you obviously don't have to worry about legend vs mythical but perhaps if you think back to when you were new you would realize you're going to take the guaranteed path for reward.

When the description says bosses pay 30 you expect that. I don't really care for the elitism comment. I can swirl orbs just fine and I'm sure I'll even get better as time passes.

13. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I think he just meant due to power creep.. when it came out a x16 atk multiplier was the max, if that. Max skilling and plussing monsters was a month process. Now almost every team has around minimum a 49x atk combined leader skill and can get up way higher, that's 3 times the attack than when the dungeon came out. Basically activate your leader skill requirement and you'll probably sweep every floor on mythical for goemon.

14. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Please don't take it as an elitism comment, it absolutely isn't. The Thief Descended is one of the very first dungeon of the game ; back then when we were all newbies it was legit challenging yes that's true. But almost every single card today is stronger than it was back then (in part due to powercreep (do you know about it ?) and to keep cards relevant (this is important for the game's health)), so what Zaku means is if you have trouble clearing the mythical diff today you might make sure that you got the basics right before chasing for plusses. And by basics we mean, basic team composition and strategies.

May I ask your rank ? Maybe you're trying to do The Thief Descended too early ? Or maybe you're approaching the dungeon wrong ? This forum and its Discord may be a great place to get help from veterans players so you can clear the stuff in both Legend and Myth diff and get those sweet plusses.

Just don't take it personally. We've been there too. But we also saw the game evolve, and I can tell you that The Thief is objectively easier now than it was when we were newbies, because the game has changed in a good way in the meantime. If you have trouble to beat The Thief myth, you're either lacking something and shouldn't bother trying to get plusses, or you're ready but doing it wrong.
    And I would be happy to help o/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  15. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just to defuse this. Lesson learned, it is a general rule that only the highest difficulty level has guaranteed drops. They aren't always clear on that. Lesson learned, but anytime theres invades, or plusses promised always assume its the highest difficulty involved.

samuelburtt and YamaKyu like this.
  16. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Another thought is this, play the easier level, over the course of some dungeons you will get Ishikawa to drop and it will be +30, not sure your stamina or level, but maybe play 3x times, wait for stamina to come back, play another 3x times, wait, 3x and so on. I have not been playing that long, but do have some legitimate teams now. It took time to get here, but I enjoyed the journey.

Not sure which cards you are using, but today is a bit more difficult of a dungeon in my opinion, some light absorb, 100% dark absorb, a 99% pre-emptive hit, 4x combo requirement, primarily devils, so if you have any devil killers they would help. If you already got a few +30 eggs from yesterday maybe apply them to something that will help you get through today to earn more.

The dungeons upcoming are described on PadX and you should be able to plan your team and how it might match up against each dungeon.

Yesterday earned about 9k experience to finish the upper level, today is around 13-14k so I think it is a depiction of difficulty as well.

Good Luck!

PS: the Valentine gift dungeon today is dropping a +297 chocolate box.

mmash and Paul Blank like this.
  17. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Alright, I didn't come here to pick a fight I just feel some of you forget what it's like to have non perfect teams.

My most efficient team on both accounts is a lead of ame no uzume.

my 2nd acct with 94 stamina is almost plussed out with an assist on ame.
    My main account is not even close to being plussed out. 109 stamina
    Both accounts have gods.

2nd acct ame, spica, horus, Tsukuyomi, and raijin
    primary acct ame imposing dandi maeda keiji, spica, amaterasu ohkami, and kirin.

Both accounts have full awoken stats

Primary account is health 19319. 2833 rcv, 523 blue attack, 9884 yellow attack, 587 red attack, 562 green attack, 575 purple attack.

2nd account is health 23913. 2554 rcv, Blue attack 810, Yellow Attack 9927, Red attack 3468, Green atack 680 and purple attack 761.

I just got done with cauchemar descended, failed legend once and completed it the 2nd time. No drop. Admittedly I don't know what I'm doing wrong when my damage heals her and have a lot to learn on mechanics.

One of these days I will get all my accounts updated into pad herder and ask for assistance, but for now I feel like with all the evolutions I'm doing it's premature.

& yes I have some other teams "beelzebub" etc but they're very weak.

samuelburtt likes this.
  18. Zaku

PADherder:
    link
    This is like exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about though? Your whole team comp makes zero sense. If you look at Ame No Uzume's status page you can see her leader skill is:
    Leader Skill: Dance of Heavenly Worship
    Effects: Fire attribute cards ATK x3.5 when HP is greater than 80%.
    But the overwhelming majority of your team is not Fire attribute (That's red coloured) so they actually get absolutely nothing and are just dead cards. Especially with this kind of leader skill that wants you to sweep floors and not get hit or the effect turns off.

I mean yes the rant was about legend not dropping the boss at a 100% rate which might not be immediately obvious to a new player but the root cause of the issue, and why you're even upset about this in the first place, is because your team isn't coherent enough to clear with a 100% rate.

Like we are trying to help you get better, how on earth can you interpret this as picking a fight when all we are doing is pointing out how you understandably lack information as a new player and should find out more first.

Btw Cauchemar absorbs attacks under 4 combo, which is also a very basic skill you should be learning before even thinking about farming +eggs.

19. mmash

mmash Member

User ID:
    mmash
    Wrong, the leader skill is 1.5 x hp for atk for god and balanced types. 5x atk for light att when hp is 80% or more.

& not knowing the absorb thing is a learning thing but with the leader skill I was going for the most logical amt of combos but even though I think your responses are snide I am learning so thanks anyway.

20. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    well lets work through this

so you're running with Ame No Uzume. you have to be above a certain health threshold, and if you're not sweeping floors, and you're taking hits, you wont do any damage.

you say Ame is your best lead well, i strongly disagree.

Horus and Raijin on your second account both have much more flexible activiation, that is they activate based on the colors you match rather than your team's health. so if you swapped to either lead, your team on your second accoutn would automatically be doing more consistent. there, having all colors represented, as you do now, would be an advantage instead of holding you back as it currently does. yes, raijin is harder to build for as finding all attacker subtypes would be hard, but both her and horus would produce more and more consistent damage than Ame could ever do for you right now.

on your primary Amaterasu gives you a tankier lead that heald back every turn. this seems like it could be valuable. and if "kirin" is indeed Sakuya, then you can run her and pair well with your secodn account's Raijin or Horus and consistently do damage.

that said, your best lead on either team right now is spica. especially since it matches across both accounts. first, you resist all colors but green, so its essentially a 51% shield against all damage except green enemies. VERY tanky. plus, it not only produces good damage for where you're at (16x with enhanced orbs further boosting damage is about as much as any of your leader skills provides) its the simplest to activate. just match 5 greens. if you have all the awokens, almost every green orb that skyfalls will be enhanced so you should be able to activate consistently. just make a team with all green cards as much as possible (probably need farmable cards but its doable) and that is easily gonna be the best lead you have available right now. seriously.

seems that you're still not fully grasping the team building concept s of the game and thats your primary issue. Health conditional leads are HARD to deal with, even with developed boxes. you really dont have the box to make Ame work

speaking of cauchemar, there's two absorb mechanics. are you talking about the middle floor, or the last floor. the middle floor absorbs Dark attribute attacks for 5 turns, ehaling instead of damaging, and the last floor has a combo shield, meaning if you dont hit the threshold (here, you need 5 combos or more), you heal it instead of damage. this is described in the text that shows before each enemy spawns. in the first case, its cause you have dark cards. in the latter, you just need to combo harder.

all this said, i think you have better things to do than farm plusses. you need to spend more time learning the game mechanics, they'll do more for you than plusses will right now.