The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $76.63 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DBDC OSC F9 Blue Cheese Guide

Template team:

Kiri ! Puu (#4324) / Zera ! Dia (#4392) / Zera ! Dia (#4392) / Tengu ! Verse / OdinDra + Kiri

BRING HP+ BADGE

F1

Match jammers
    Clear binds with OdinDra, pop Kiri with shield assist
    Match 9 blue orbs when able, KO - MAKE SURE YOU HEAL TO FULL

F2
    Pop other Kiri
    Stall for shield assist on Kiri
    Pop shield (ESSENTIAL) and use skills or match blue orbs to KO

F3
    Tank preemptive
    Clear binds with OdinDra
    Stall for skills, whittling Tsubaki down all the while
    When skills are up (after gravities are available but before assists are up), KO Tsubaki with blue orbs

F4
    Pop gravities in order (Zera, Zera, Verse)

F5
    Pop Kiri
    Stall for skills if you want

F6
    Stall out 99-turn absorb
    Pop gravities in order (Zera, Zera, Verse)
    Profit.

Source video:

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Brainstorming Kiri cheese team for DBDC OSC F10

Source video:

Kiri ! Gae Bulg equip [3 with SA] / Red El Dorado ! Nyx [5 + 5 latents] / Megalodran ! Verse [2] / Lifive ! Verse [2 + 5 latents] / Eldora ! Gae Bulg equip [4] + Kiri ! Kiri [2 with SA]

Total fire resist awakenings: 16 with 10 latents

USE BIND PROOF BADGE

Ugh. Really didn't want to build a second Verse AND a Nyx. I'm fine with building a Nyx on my alt since I don't have one yet and she could be useful but MAN it's times like this I wish I had Van Crow on my alt, too.

T_T

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I'm not proud of this, but I did it.

[​IMG]

Team was:

Kiri ! Kiri / El Dorado ! chocolate box / Red Earth Golem (GungHo collab) ! Verse / Lifive ! Nyx / Megalodran + El Dorado ! Verse

17 fire resist awakenings for 85% resist (10 on the El Dorados, 2 on Red Earth Golem, 2 in Lifive, 2 on Megalodran, 1 on Kiri).

6 fire resist+ latents (3 on alt's El Dorado, 3 on friend El Dorado) for 15% (6 * 2.5) resist. That wipes out most of my fire resist+ latents, but I couldn't think of a better use for them than El Dorado.

All subs were max level. Kiri and El Dorado were +297. Lifive and Megalodran had +99 HP. Red Earth Golem had no pluses.

Kiri, Red Earth Golem, and Megalodran were max-skilled. Both El Dorados were skill level 1. Lifive was one skill-up short of max-skilled (skill level 10).

Megalodran was MVP for the boss floor: Unbindable, heart maker active on a short CD, bind clear awakening, 2 fire resists.

It got a little scary a few times when Chuan bound monsters twice in a row (disabling some of the fire resist awakenings), but Megalodran, heart rows, and the emergency 50% heal active from the chocolate box assist on alt's El Dorado came through.

bookwyrm likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared November C8 on both accounts!

I used dawnGlare for both boss floors boards (Goemon > Herme > Ilsix) but botched the execution on both and only made 7 natural combos. Fortunately, skyfall took pity on me in both cases. Leads like Rikuu, Raijin, and Reeche have spoiled me for move time. Having only 5.5s is rough.

Now all that's left is C10 on my main and C9 and C10 on my alt.

I hear C10 is brutal this month. :yuck:

I hit 1700 days on my main tomorrow, but I'm still sorely tempted to hit up the PAD Discord and ask around for carries...

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C10 was indeed rough. Cleared it on the third (or fourth?) try with BHunter teams in co-op.

[​IMG]

Teams were:

Main: BHunter / Shew (orb refresh) / Shazel ! Cauchemar / GCotton ! chocolate box / AD Luci ! Astraea / Hathor

Alt: BHunter ! Bufu equip / Blonia / Aife / BCotton ! chocolate box / Orochi

The plan was to pop Astraea then Cauchemar on Pollux and hope for a lot of dark orbs to negate the attribute absorb AND maximize damage from AD Luci's god killers, but the assists weren't up in time.

I ended up stoning once because a 9-combo clear on a Blonia board knocked Cauchemar down to ~3% instead of one-shotting him:

[​IMG]

Shew (orb refresh active) assist was super helpful.

Blonia + Bufu was super effective on the boss floor, but my alt team had the elemental disadvantage. One more skyfall combo or an L-match or even a single relevant killer somewhere on the team would have pushed my damage over the edge and let me OHKO Cauchemar. In hindsight, including Enra with a Verdandi assist (I don't have Christmas Ronia) would have worked better than a Blonia board.

Hathor's active was a fantastic counter to Nut's time debuff.

Orochi was helpful against Pollux, but I still couldn't finish him off before the delay ended. It did help stall out the tape on the top row, though.

If I had it to do over again, I'd take the Cauchemar and Astraea assists off, throw a Fenrir assist on a low CD sub to counter the F1 preemptive poison and jammer skyfall, and figure out a new solution for Pollux. AD Luci didn't hit Pollux as hard as expected, even with 3 god killer latents.

But it's done. And with that, November 2018 monthly quests are complete on my main!

Now all that's left is C9 on my alt.

Hoo boy.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Today marks 1700 days played on my main account!

[​IMG]

I had wanted to post a box tour at 1500 days, but time slipped away from me. Same story for 1600 days.

So, without further ado, here is my day 1700 box tour album!

https://imgur.com/a/7cV95Xj

7. qyu

qyu Well-Known Member

User ID:
    that is one huge and fleshed out box and some amazing achievements, wow!
    are there still any cards you would still want in your box or are you content with it for the most part?

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you! :)

I'm pleased with my main account, but there are definitely more monsters I'd love to roll.

Haku and Karin immediately come to mind. (Seriously, 3 Leilan, 1 Meimei, 1 Sakuya, and 0 Karin and 0 Haku? What gives?)

I would have LOVED to roll an Ideal (or two) during DBDC.

I'd love to roll a dupe Reeche because base form Reeche is super fun to play. (Yay, blue TPAs!) Any of the remaining 7* witches would be great--especially Zela since I have a strong wood box on my main and I have Zela on my alt.

I'd be thrilled to roll a dupe Ryune to evolve to Mega Awoken form. (I just can't bring myself to convert my B/D Ryune. At least, not yet.)

Would like to roll Yusuke and Ed, of course, though I don't think I could bring myself to trade for either as I don't have many dupe 6* GFEs I'd be willing to part with.

A Diablos of my own would be nice, especially once NA gets the "put up your own lead" update. (Return of MH collab when?)

So yes, there are still plenty of monsters I'd like to roll, but most are 6*/7* and unlikely for an extremely light IAP player to roll. Nevertheless, I'm not tempted to spend more money beyond the occasional $1-$2 collab or seasonal bundle because random chance is rarely kind to me and I'm too frugal to throw money at something not guaranteed (especially when I could spend $5-$10 and get a good or great game on Steam).

I'm less pleased with my alt account because it keeps falling further and further behind my main. There are several newer and stronger leads I could use in co-op if I rolled them on my alt, like DMeta (3 on my main, 0 on my alt), Yog, Reeche, Kami, Lajoa, Enra, Amemina (2 on my main, 0 on my alt), Sylvie, Roots, and Okuni (2 on my main, 0 on my alt).

Meanwhile, I have 4 Gremory and 3 Ea on my alt. -_-

More importantly, I've learned to appreciate what monsters I do have. I'm grateful to have leads like Tardis, Rikuu, and Gronia on both accounts and I'm glad that GungHo occasionally gives us very strong farmable monsters or MP monsters (like Hexazeon or Eir or OdinDra). I've also learned to appreciate less common pairings, like L/B Raijin x L/B LVajra.

We can only work with what we have, so we might as well enjoy it! :)

qyu likes this.
  9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared December C10 on the second attempt with Rikuu x Roots team in co-op with alt!

[​IMG]

Teams were:

Main: Roots / RagDra / OdinDra / Droid Dragon ! Fujin / Enra ! A.Horus

Alt: Rikuu ! VCarat / Hexazon / BCotton ! chocolate box / OinDra / RagDra

Roots' active made easy work of stalling out Anubis' combo shield.

/flex

Now I'm very, very tempted to buy a second Odysseus on my main to evolve to the equip assist form, stick the assist on my Droid Dragon, and run Rikuu x Roots teams with Droid Dragon in the first sub slot for 100% resist against most hazards (poison, jammers, bombs, blind, etc.).

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    TODAY IS THE DAY MY REM FORTUNE TURNED AROUND

Superfest pulls 12/3

Main

PA Uruka
    Tachibana #2
    Amemina #3
    Maeda #3
    B&J
    Typhon #3
    Paimon #3
    Nene
    Ryune #2
    Saline
    Lugh
    Nephthys
    LVajra #2
    Astaroth #2

Alt

Nene #3
    Aten #2
    Madoo
    Freyr #2
    Isis #2
    Astaroth #2
    Zela #2
    Tachibana
    Set #2
    Lugh
    BEscha
    Kali #4

Most excited about B&J, Ryune #2, and Saline on my main and Madoo, Zela #2, and Lugh on my alt. It took me 1,521 days to get a Fujin active on my alt, but I finally have one!

bookwyrm likes this.
  11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After today's rolls, I'm seriously considering trading for Ed on my main. Here are the candidates for trade:

Blodin #3
    DMeta #3
    Gronia #3
    Viz #3
    Paimon #3
    Amemina #3

Only Blodin, DMeta, and Gronia have Mega forms so far. I don't want to trade DMeta #3 away since her active is fantastic, she's a great dupe on her own team, and her D/B form can still serve a purpose on rainbow teams (unbindable assist base and guard break awakening).

I'm far more hesitant to go through with a trade on my alt. Here are the candidates for trade there:

Blodin #2
    Escha #2
    Gremory #3
    Gremory #4

Both of Escha's forms can be very useful and she hasn't gotten a Mega ult yet, which is why I'm hesitating (and why I was hoping I'd roll some relevant 6* GFE trade fodder on my alt today).

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FMA collab results 12/3

Main

Ling #2 (free)
    Hughes

Alt
    Hughes (free)
    Winry ($0.99 bundle)

Decided against trading for Ed on either account. For now.

13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bought the FMA collab bundle for $0.99 on my main today. Updated thread title.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seasonal Super Fest Part 2 results 12/6

Main

Leilan #4
    Morrigu
    Brigid
    PA Orochi

Alt

Nohime #4
    Blonia #2
    Saline
    Bastet #2
    LCotton
    Morrigu

I keep chasing DMeta on my alt and I keep not getting her. Aside from that disappointing note, I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Rolling Morrigu on both accounts may not be exciting, but it's wonderfully practical and an active skill I wish I had available on several occasions. A Morrigu assist should help ease the stress of matching VDP + 7c off a board change.

Glad to have Brigid on both accounts. Love that she's attacker type.

PA Orochi looked like a box cheerleader until I noticed it's possible to roll an unbindable SA. An unbindable 4-turn delay could prove very handy, especially since I never did buy DAth (and, at this point, probably never will).

Got Saline on both accounts now!

So I had previously posted about how I was agonizing over choosing a form for my second Cotton, then I pull LCotton today. I'm still wondering what to do with my unevolved Cotton, but I may try a Nudist Beach build and eventually evolve her to her red form for Madoo and Baldin teams.

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Decided to scrape together some more stones and pull ONE LAST TIME on the seasonal super fest REM on my alt last night in a desperate bid for a DMeta.

Rolled Zela #3 instead.

What.

With 3 DMeta on my main and 0 on my alt, 3 Zela on my alt and 0 on my main, Reeche on my main but not on my alt, and Madoo on my alt but not on my main, it feels like the chasm between my accounts is growing wider and wider. :(

But hey, at least Roots x Rikuu is still a fantastic pairing! :)

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    6 reset pulls 12/11

Main

Shiva #4 (Rank 150 MEM)
    Lu Bu #3 (Rank 250 MEM)
    Barbarossa (Rank 500 MEM)

Alt
    Neptune #2 (Rank 150 MEM)
    Verdandi #3 (Rank 250 MEM)
    Facet (Rank 500 MEM)

Can't help but be disappointed. :/

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Best part of the update? 7c SA for R/G/B angels!

[​IMG]

Yep, that's Gabriel doing 187 million damage. :D

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And here's Michael!

[​IMG]

Check out Gronia's damage with that a L-unlock skyfall match.

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Super fest part 1 results 12/12-17

Main

Aten #2
    Ea
    Nohime #2
    Ea #2
    Kami #2
    I&I #3

Alt

Nope. Saving for part 2.

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Christmas REM results 12/17

Main

Christmas Genie #2 (free)
    Christmas Haku ($0.99 bundle)

Alt

Christmas Genie #2 (free)

Funny side note: I rolled Christmas Genie on my JP as my freebie on my JP account, meaning I rolled the same freebie on 3 accounts.