The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $76.63 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RKushi / LKali / RApollo / DQ / RYomi

No Haku, no REM Valks, no Oichi. No healer types with 7c awakening.

So I did the best I could and fell back on light healers. (It always seems to come back to light healers for me.)

My RKushi team will change when Verdandi's split ult arrives in NA, but I haven't pinned down a new team build yet.

I ended up clearing floor 3 with Anubis / Khepri / Tengu / Sheena / Yomi + Anubis

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stall 3 turns, pop Sheena > Khepri > RYomi, match for max combos, watch things melt, collect stone and py dungeon.

Hitting 74 million damage on RYomi alone makes me want to git gud and start running Anubis. But I don't know if I can justify dedicating that kind of time to a game, especially when I keep getting absorbed in Breath of the Wild.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    RageSedai likes this.
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared F4 with Vajrabhairava x DAthena team.

Vajrabhairava / RYomi / RPersephone / RAnubis / RHades + DAthena

Vajrabhairava was built for that dungeon.

/flex

Screenshot proof coming after I log back in to Imgur on my phone. (Not sure how I got logged out.)

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Struggling to decide between dark and fire for female hunter.

Dark is like an almost-free YomiDra without the hassle of farming up a HeraDra and I have some amazing subs for the team: Escha on my alt, Ulquiorra, RYomi, and Z8 on my main, and D/L Akechi on both accounts. If I chose dark female hunter for both accounts, I could have a pretty rockin' dark team for co-op.

But my fire box on both accounts is fairly strong.

Oy. Difficult decision.

Leaning heavily toward water for male hunter, but that active on the wood male hunter would be amazing as an assist on a team running 3 dragon killer Tsubakis.

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Halp. https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/t...er-vs-fire-female-hunter-for-my-boxes.102789/

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Decided on the dark female hunter. No regrets. Glad I have an excuse to use my one gemstone-style active (Ulquiorra) and Saito.

Now I have to decide whether I want to spend MP on dupe hunters. I was considering building a wood male hunter and a fire female hunter, but 400K MP is a lot, especially when I'm holding out hope XM will get a rockin' ult that will convince me to spend 300K MP and put my multiple Uriels and Gadiuses to use.

Still need to remember to find my Imgur account password so I can post more screenshots.

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just found a MVP for my alt's Blue Hunter team:

Awoken Saras in NA when? :x

Also, time to start saving bubpys on my alt.

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Was looking through my box last night when I couldn't sleep (fell asleep getting the kids to bed, woke up around 1 a.m.), I realized I could switch my Famiel to the new split ult for my blue hunter after she arrives in NA:

:thinking:

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Screenshot barrage, late July 2017 edition!

Here's my clear of floor 4 of the last challenge:

[​IMG]

And my clear of floor 5 (after spending 1 stone):

[​IMG]

Playing around with my RAme team in Endless:

[​IMG]

And here's Anubis x Diablos in Endless:

[​IMG]

And *drumroll* MY FIRST COOP CLEAR OF A1:

[​IMG]

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared the current OSC. Collected Whaledor. Spent 4 stones to do it because I'm impatient.

Continued once on Sevenzard.

Continued once on Serket.

Continued once on Titania.

Continued once on Whaledor.

Reclaimed one stone for the clear. That's something, I guess?

On multiple occasions, I got OHKO'd by a rage hit because I knocked the enemy into the 10-20% HP range instead of finishing the job.

I suppose you could say I spent 3 stones for Whaledor. But I can't think of a situation where I'd use him because I don't plan on feeding him 15 pys, he has no SBR, and I have 2 max-skilled Tengu.

I think I just don't like long-form dungeons, I haven't spent stones on the REM in a while (I skipped the Monster Hunter REM completely), and there's not much new content that interests me. It's either some descend that super-easy with a speed farming team or one of my stronger teams or something so absurdly difficult that I don't have the REM pieces to make it work or something so long that I just don't want to dedicate that much time to the dungeon.

Like the other OSC I spent 3 or more stones on, I regret continuing and I probably won't use the prize. (The prize for the other OSC I stoned to complete was red Tamazo x Odin.)

/shrug

I regret it, but I don't care enough to get upset about it. Those stones probably would have just been 3/5 of another rubbish REM pull anyway. I still have 118 left in the bank.

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Forgot to include my team in my previous post. I ran:

Anubis ! Sheena / Verdandi / RKushi / RBastet ! Verdandi / Kaede + Diablos

If I had to do it over again, I would have quit after the first loss and tried again. When I cleared the OSC, I had over 200 stamina left.

Oh well. What's done is done.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I already posted this elsewhere, but I feel like this is a big accomplishment, so I'm copy-pasting to my blog as well:

I DID IT

I cleared A2 with RPersephone x DAthena!

Here was my final team:

RPersephone ! Ryune / RYomi ! AOkuni / RLoki ! Dark Wisdom King / RAnubis ! Anaphon / 7c Lumiel ! TPA Lumiel + DAthena ! Fujin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...of-the-dragon-lords-godfest/1751338008228117/

Day 2 has Gadius.

So yeah, I'm rolling day 1.

Day 1 dupe risk: High

1 Odin, 1 Rodin, 4 LMeta, 2 DMeta, 1 Urd, 2 Verdandi, 4 LKali, 2 Fenrir, 1 Sherias Roots, 3 Ronove, 2 Paimon

Day 2 dupe risk: Unacceptable

3 Ronia, 3 Zuoh, 6 GADIUS WHY GUNGHO, 2 Typhon, 2 Saria, 1 Ryune, 3 Tsubaki, 2 Sumire, 1 Kaede, 2 Satsuki, 2 Australis, 1 Sherias Roots

Most desired pulls: All 6* GFEs except for Cthugha

Day 1: Cthugha, Yog-Sothoth, Skuld, DKali, Fenrir Viz (I guess?), Fujin, Raijin, Amenominakanushi

Day 2: Cthugha, Yog-Sothoth, Gronia, Blonia, Ilm, Kanna, Scheat, Eschamali, Fujin, Raijin, Amenominakanushi

Looks like Cthugha could be a ton of fun with a fire-focused combo lead.

Cthugha / RLeilan / RLeilan / Set / RAme + Cthugha

Orb movement time would be brutally short after playing teams with RYomi, though.

Now watch: I typed this all out and I'll end up with another Ur-Chimera #2 or Radious #4. -_-

Maybe I should just wait for a favorable fest lineup or Ney to arrive in NA?

EDIT: I still want Skuld so very badly. ;_;

13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pulled 3 times on my main and twice on my alt today.

Leilan #3, Beast Rider, and Okuni #2 on my main. Ronove and Kundali #2 on my alt.

Meh. Glad to pull Ronove on my alt and Beast Rider should make a good inherit for RSQ x RHermes teams.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Pulled twice on my main and once on my alt today.

Hermes and Gadius #7 (NUMBER 7, OH MY WORD WHY) on my main.

Kundali #3 on my alt.

Whatever, dude.

I guess I'm glad to have Hermes on my main? I have RHermes on my alt and RSQ on my main, so I'm not seeing a huge benefit to getting Hermes on my main right now.

Overall, very underwhelmed by results this fest. But maybe it's just as well. Now that I've cleared A2, it might be time to semi-retire (again) and spend the time I would have spent on PAD on more productive things.

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh wow, LMeta x LEscha is fun.

Finished hypermaxing ult LEscha on my alt today, then took my LMeta x LEscha team in to Ultimate Endless. Swept the dungeon with relative ease.

[​IMG]

I can't take credit for all that damage. I just matched a light cross, a light TPA, and a few off-color combos. The rest of that was multiple light skyfall matches.

HP is fantastic, recovery is ridiculous, damage control probably exists but I didn't bother with it because I didn't have to.

Given what LMeta x LEscha can do, I was excited to read that light HeraDra was added to the MP shop in Japan recently. I doubt I'll buy her, but there's a good chance I'll use my available Best Friend choice for someone who does.

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I've been thinking that it's probably (finally) time to switch my selected lead (slot 3) from Myr to some other monster. But I haven't taken the time to review the candidates. I might soon, though.

Is anyone still using my Myr? Because it feels like the majority's shift away from Myr and heart-cross happened a while ago.

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared OSC 14 with Anubis x Diablos! AND I ZERO-STONED IT, HUZZAH!

I flubbed the killshot screenshot because I didn't expect it to be the killshot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Team was Anubis ! Zuoh / Verdandi / RKushi / RBastet ! Shew / Kaede + Diablos

This is Shew:

Time to fully awaken Raguel and throw him on my ALB team. ALB / Dios / Dios / Dios / Raguel for worry-free farming of simple dungeons!

To celebrate clearing OSC 14 with my Anubis x Diablos team, I threw the team against Ultimate Endless 5x4 until I cleared it.

[​IMG]

Yes, 71 million on Diablos alone. This team is OP.

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Copy/paste from the 8/19 fest results thread:

Main
    :egg5: Sasuke
    :egg4: Earth Dragon Swordsman

Alt
    :egg4: Dark Dragon Swordsman
    :egg5: Urd

Total disappointment on my main. Dark Dragon Swordsman could actually have been useful on my main as an assist for DMeta (if and when I ever max-skill her). Glad to roll Urd on my main, but I already have solid Krishna teams on both accounts for co-op.

I plan on rolling twice on my main and at least once on my alt tomorrow.

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wanted Saras, Ganesha, a dupe Krishna, a dupe Vishnu, or even Durga for today's fest.

Got none of those things.

Side note: I'm expecting Awoken Vishnu will be as disappointing as Awoken Krishna.

8/20 fest results

Main
    :egg5: Leeza
    :egg5: Kaede #2
    :egg4: Gamble Mage

Alt
    :egg4: Henry Boram (what?)
    :egg5: Osiris

Glad to have a second Kaede on my main, especially with 3 Ronove in my box and (I hope) the rest of the grimoire series getting split ults soon. Just going to drive me batty to have to wait for who knows how long to max-skill her.

I figure I could run:

Ronove / RIsis / Kaede / Kaede / Linthia

Because the thought of evolving RagDra to his SUVO form makes me just a little bit nauseous. Which is why I still haven't bought him, even though his LS looks like a ton of fun and I've been itching to play a rainbow lead again lately.

My alt's Ronove team is currently:

Ronove / RIsis / Kaede / Kaede / DKali

Because an account with 150+ fewer days logged and way, WAY less time invested seems to get better REM pulls.

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Third try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm okay with this.

Sparkle likes this.