The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $76.63 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I feel you on the MAthena. She's the last piece of the puzzle for evolving my own Ragdra, but don't know how I'm going to beat her dungeon. It pretty much requires a Fujin inherit, which continues to elude me.

Tek7 likes this.
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RagDra Assembly Update 12/18:

I CLEARED MATHENA TONIGHT (12/18/17)

I'm not proud that it took me 6-7 tries, though. (To be fair, one of those attempts shouldn't count because I was so focused on solving a board on my main account phone that my alt account phone went to sleep and disconnected from the game by the time I turned it back on.) I even spent 1 stone for a stamina refresh on my alt. Not my finest moment.

Nevertheless, IT IS DONE. And I hope I never have to do it again. Seriously, that combo shield on Alnair was just awful. My combo skills have improved, but I still tend to crack under pressure.

But enough chatter. Here come screenshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Teams were:

Main: Tardis ! Vishnu / RMeimei / OdinDra / ROrochi ! non-Awoken Orochi / FUA Verd ! Verd

Alt: Tardis ! Honjo (#3037) / RMeimei / Kaede ! AFreyja / FUA Verd ! Verd / wood PreDra

This is Honjo:

And here's a link to the PDX info for the dungeon: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=2253

And here are a few highlights of my plan:

F4: Pop OdinDra active to clear awoken bind, kill Folklore ASAP.
    F6: Pop Meimei or Verd then pop Tardis to make hitting 7 combos less painful, OHKO Alnair.
    F7: Use the team's massive HP as a buffer to heal on alternating turns and stall for skills to come back up. Match heart TPAs to take advantage of Verd's heart OE. Pop Honjo (99 true damage active) when ready to proceed.
    F8: Match a heart column out of paranoia, but try not to hit Star Justice too hard. Take him below resolve but above 15% then kill on the next turn.
    F9: Tank a few turns if possible, pop Orochi, then heal up. Kill Courage with team that does NOT have the wood PreDra.
    F10: Pop wood PreDra for Fujin active, pop AFreyja assist on Kaede, pop a board change if available, pass. Pop a board change if one wasn't available on the other team, then match as many wood TPAs and additional combos as possible.

Side note: I struggled with Alnair's combo shield, then proceeded to match (IIRC) 8 natural combos including 2 wood TPAs and one set of 3 wood orbs on the final board against MAthena. Maybe I just finally got a decent board or maybe I just stink on ice when under pressure.

If my calculations are correct, I did 89,098,753 total damage against MAthena, which means I could have skipped the enhance active.

If it wasn't official before, it is now: Tardis is OP.

And with that, I'm nearly ready to evolve RagDra!

All that's left is building a Sherospada and a Revo ADKZ. I should be able to farm up enough gold keepers tomorrow to build Sherospada then farm XP on Wednesday to build Revo ADKZ. If all goes according to plan, I can farm tamas on Thursday with a coin dungeon and have him operational the same day.

bookwyrm and Arranging like this.
  3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Neither of my accounts have a Fujin active, so I had to use a wood PreDra to get the job done. It ain't pretty, but it worked.

Arranging likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RAGDRA ASSEMBLY COMPLETE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The deed is done. All that's left to do is level this beast and decide on and feed latents.

Arranging and RageSedai like this.
  5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    RagDra is now max level (NOT limit broken, oh my word not yet).

Time to decide on latents! 2 SDR would be a good start, right?

Arranging likes this.
  6. Arranging

Arranging Searching for the finest silk and Cotton!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    On mine I have given him I think 5 HP or something to take advantage of his stats. I think I should get the Imp HP+ on him, but oh well :p

7. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    Depends on what you'd be using him for. Commonly folks will put either God/Machine/Healer killers on one to deal more damage on Kalis or GaiaDra. Some folks also put 5 SDR on one if it's carrying a delay for something like A3. Not sure what teams you're using yours for, so hard to chime in on it :)

Congrats on making one.

Arranging likes this.
  8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hi, everyone. I'm still alive.

Quick updates:

I built Zeus Verse. Running subs with triple killers (No. 6, Kiri, Shazel) does absurd damage when the team is at full health and enjoying a 225x ATK multiplier. Unfortunately, gravities ground the team very quickly. I've only toyed around with Verse in Endless; I haven't dared take him in to Arena 1 for quick farming yet, but I'd like to eventually do something similar to this:

I'm planning on building 2 Rugals (one standard, one pixel) on each account for combo Fenrir subs, but, oh my word, this is tedious work. At least I'm getting a tama in the mail for every run on the top floor of the KoF dungeon. If my math is correct (and that's doubtful considering that I'm tired and synapses stopped firing a while ago), I'll come up a few King Badtans short for the Rugals project by the end of the day. But I could probably trade a few King Tans of other colors to make up the difference in a pinch.

I got the KoF Invitation drop on both accounts and I'm seriously considering evolving it to have something I can tack on to non-light subs for niche use on light teams. @Kreisler recently opened my eyes to some very creative uses for assist actives and I'm hoping to have time to post about the theory elsewhere on the forums.

Work has been crazy busy, which has kept me from playing much PAD at all. I have been clearing the 2-sub, 3-sub, and 4-sub challenges with various Tardis teams. The more I play with Tardis, the more I'm convinced that he's the real MVP of the DBDC REM--and primarily as a lead and only secondarily as a sub. Sure, Li's inheritable leader swap active is OP, but I can't help but suspect that I'm not the only PAD player who lacks the patience to wait out 20-40 turns to switch leads and kick it into gear. Li assists are certainly strong--I experienced it firsthand with a BHunter team in Endless--but my interest in dungeons with more than 10 floors (aside from farming A1 for pys) could be measured in negative numbers at this point. Tardis, on the other hand, is so absurdly flexible and powerful with the right subs that it almost feels unfair.

Think about it:

PAD 2014: For 25x ATK, bring dual Sakuya leads and match R/G/B/L (minimum 12 orbs). No HP or RCV multiplier. TEs are scarce.

PAD 2017: For 100x ATK, bring dual Tardis leads and...push a button. Add a hypermax Revo Orochi to your team for an extra 33,000 HP on your team. Oh, and +60% RCV +1 second move time because why not.

Okay, enough rambling. Time to get ready for bed and SLEEP.

Arranging likes this.
  9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I spent my free time tonight banging my head against the Sphinx 2-sub challenge instead of playing Persona 5.

I finally cleared the 2-sub, 3-sub, and 4-sub challenges tonight, but I still regret spending my time on PAD instead of P5.

:(

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So far, no 2-sub challenge has been anywhere near as obnoxious as Sphinx. Let's hope the trend holds.

Cleared Wada 2/3/4-sub challenges with Tardis teams. 2-sub challenge took a few tries, but otherwise went well.

#TardisOP

Arranging likes this.
  11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Happy (belated) New Year, all!

Yes, still playing. I swept the Legend difficulty of the first week of rushes on 1/1 and am waiting for the next section of the January quests. I also cleared C1-C3 of Astral Plane Deity and don't plan on attempting C4.

In unrelated news, I finally switched my Nexus 6 from stock Android to LineageOS + Franco kernel + Magisk so I can play games like Fire Emblem Heroes, Pokemon Go, and Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (that I couldn't play before because I was using SuperSU instead of Magisk).

My Fire Emblem Heroes friend ID is 9524955446.

If anyone would like my Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp ID, please send me a forums DM. (I used my real name on ACPC).

I'll probably just uninstall Pokemon Go again before the week is out. (I quit before the update that locked rooted device users from playing because I was already bored of the game.)

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Posting for my own reference:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...ng-in-the-resolutions-event/1918995958128987/

13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Decided to take a WIP Gadius team in to Endless instead of attempting Astral Plane Deity C4.

I was not disappointed.

[​IMG]

Team is Gadius / Chester / No.6 ! KOF ROM / Enra / Gadius ! Gadius + Gadius

KOF ROM is still the assist on No.6 after testing No.6 as a niche sub for my Amemina teams.

Guess I'll throw one of my 3 available Gadius as an assist on my lead Gadius. And maybe one more on Chester. And another on No.6. I never dreamed I'd find use for all 6 Gadius in my box.

If I ever need FUA for resolve, I can replace Gadius #2 with Saria.

This may warrant further testing.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Swept all 3 rushes for this week of January quests with Tardis teams. It's hard to believe I struggled with Hera Rush when I was just able to burn it down with Tardis in co-op on the first try with no research. Just took my standard teams in and pew pew things melt.

I think I need to develop an alternate go-to team with a different lead just to make sure I don't get in a rut.

On a related note, I do plan on retiring my Myr team on my main and my Anaphon team on my alt to make Tardis my default selected lead on both accounts soon. The change is long overdue and I doubt many, if any, of my friends are still using my Myr and Anaphon.

I wish I could take 1-2 of my SIX Gadius on my main and move them to my alt. Gadius was a surprisingly fun lead to play.

Final thought for the night: I'm looking forward to a max-skilled Rushana on each of my accounts, but I'm dreading farming Linthia on Wednesday. Rogue farming is just SO STINKING TEDIOUS.

Arranging likes this.
  15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Remembered that I don't have a green monster with dragon killer or a green bicolor active on my alt, so I can't use the classic ALB build for farming Myr. Guess I won't be skilling up Verse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did manage to clear Myr with Tardis teams in co-op with my main and alt, so at least I picked up one shynpy.

Tomorrow: Farming Linthia for Rushana skill-ups until my eyes bleed.

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Woodpy farming update:

Alt account Rushana is at skill level 19.

Main account Rushana is at skill level 25.

The farming will resume in a little over 2 hours.

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Max-skilled Rushana on both accounts yesterday.

G/L 7x6 shenanigans WIP teams are:

Alt: Shazel / Rushana ! Li / Meimei / Tardis ! Momiji / Verd ! Verd

Main: OdinDra ! Ras (for pseudo SDR and slight stat boost) / Meimei / Kaede ! Bacches / RKushi ! Indra / Spica

Haven't taken the team in to Endless yet, but hope to have an opportunity to try them out this weekend.

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Assembled team to run the ALB Z8 No Pass 2.0 build to farm badpys.

Then realized I didn't have any dark monsters aside from future-tense Awoken Lu Bu to skill up.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'll go play Persona 5 for a short while and go to bed.

Arranging likes this.
  19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, buddy.

[​IMG]

Arranging likes this.
  20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Still alive.

Logging in for daily bonuses and clearing daily challenges (e.g. 2/3/4-sub challenges).

Swept Hera +297 on both accounts using Tardis teams. Tacked a +2 combo active on to my Tardis as safety. Didn't even need it. Hard to believe that I struggled so hard with that dungeon the first time around with my Myr team. Tardis trivializes so much of this game's content.

#TardisOP

Evolved one LKali on each account to the new split ult. Slapped together a team and took her in to endless. Damage is impressive, but hard to imagine spending much time on a team without an HP multiplier or a damage shield baked in to the LS in 2018. Still fun to play, though. Light TPA + R/B/D matches melt most floors.

Also evolved my Lu Bu dupe on my main to Awoken and immediately max-skilled him. Makes me wish I had current dark teams to run. Guess I could work on refining that split ult Typhon team I used to clear A1 a while back? But even off-color, Ryune may be a better FUA choice for Typhon than Lu Bu thanks to the FUA.

Considered evolving my 2 Australis on my main, then realized I can't think of a situation where I'd run Australis on a team. I guess I could evolve him to the lead ult for better stats and tack him on to Tardis as an assist when the situation calls for flooding the board with green orbs?

Getting harder and harder to get excited about new ult debuts in NA. :/

RageSedai likes this.