The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $76.63 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Day 1500!

[​IMG]

Not sure I'll be able to do a box tour any time soon, but I hope to post a few more recent screenshots soon.

Arranging and Ultraduck like this.
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Takeminakata +297 on both accounts!

Incoming copypasta:

Source: https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/takeminakata-297.106282/

Ultraduck likes this.
  3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yu Yu Hakusho REM pulls 5/14

Main
    Botan (free)
    Raizen ($0.99 bundle)
    Kaname Hagiri

Alt
    Kazuma Kuwabara (free)
    Botan

Meh.

Glad to have a +2 combo assist active on my alt. Just wish the cooldown was as low as Kim Kaphwan's:

Was so excited to see a crystal egg pop out of the YYH REM after spending the dollar for the bundle, then Raizen appeared and I looked over his monster information. I'll keep him since he's new and hope that he'll prove useful at some point (though I'm not holding my breath).

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C10 CLEARED

Teams were:

Main: BHunter ! Orochi / Mel ! chocolate box / Blonia / Kiri / Ryune

Alt: BHunter ! non-Awoken Mori / Mel ! chocolate box / Skuld / OdinDra / wood PreDra

/cheer

Now all that's left is a few descends and I'll be done with May quest dungeons!

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Kurogane is still horrid.

Failed once on the boss floor with Blonia teams in co-op. Fought a good fight but ran out of actives at the end.

Then failed with a specialized Gronia team (Gronia / RagDra / OdinDra / GCotton / DroidDragon ! Hanzo equip + Gronia ! Rathian equip-- full blind resist and full poison resist!) in solo on F3 because I was too conservative with active skills and sent the blue dragon into the rage zone.

Five hours of stamina down the drain. :/

Might try again later with my specialized Gronia team later after my stamina recovers. If I still can't clear it, I'll probably replace RagDra with my dupe Gronia next time Kurogane comes around. By then, I should be able to fully awaken her, level her to max, and +297 her.

6. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, Kurogane sucks. I finally beat him with my Gronia team after at least five tries today (maybe more, I didn't count), and I plan on never running that cesspool of a dungeon again. High HP, a high combo shield, and no skyfalls is annoying enough, but did he really have to use so many blinds to make it even harder to match enough combos?

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tanked almost 80 turns against Kurogane and chipped him down to his awoken bind (which was unfortunately a few turns after I had popped OdinDra for the 50% heal), but didn't bring a burst active and ultimately got KO'd with about 21 turns left on the damage void.

Next time around, I plan to bring this team:

Gronia / RagDra ! Bacches or VCarat (depending on math and tests in Endless) / OdinDra / GCotton ! non-Awoken Ishida / Droid Dragon ! Hanzo equip + Gronia ! Rathia equip

My plan is to chip Kurogane down to just above 30%, pop Gronia, pop Bacches, match 7 combos but no L-shapes, and hope I do enough damage (~52 million in one turn) to KO him.

9 million damage for each Gronia with 5x ATK with Bacches active divided by 2 for attribute disadvantage (wood against fire), plus the damage from other subs, including GCotton with double 7c awakenings.

9,000,000 * 5 / 2 = 22,500,000 * 2 = 45,000,000

That means the remaining subs (most notably OdinDra and GCotton) need to do 7 million damage total, which is perfectly feasible.

I just need to make sure that Gronia hits for under 10 million damage total for the math to work out.

Puzzle & Maths, amirite?

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared the Xin Hua ranking dungeon on both accounts. Dismal results.

54.2% on my alt

57.0% on my main

Whatever, dude. Got my free stone and I'm out.

Not worth banging my head against this mess for a pixelit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...a-gungho/xin-hua-tournament/2081219478573300/

9. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    Okay that ranking dungeon is complete bonkers. I tried seven times and only one attempt didn't end in a game over.

Tek7 likes this.
  10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Max-skilled my 5 YYH pulls on both accounts!

Only got 2 penguin drops in all those runs button farming Int. :|

Agreed.

I'm happy to take my Grand PreDra and put it behind me.

Ultraduck likes this.
  11. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    9 runs no picture. You know what, I'll just use piis.

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Use the Monster Exchange to trade 4 unwanted skill up fodder for the ones you want!

Ultraduck likes this.
  13. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    Oh yeah.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    By the time I'm done building this RagDra on my alt account, I may just not care any more.

Seriously, this is so tedious. :|

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Version 14.1 maintenance set for 5/29!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...7/newsna_version_141_maintenance_set_for_529/

So I'll see you all in about a week. :p

Some quick updates before I finish the post, though:

I've cleared floors 1-8 of Eternal Jail of the Devil King on my main and floors 1-7 on my alt. Thanks to @Kreisler for putting up his Yomi Tamazo so I could clear F7 on my alt on the second try. You da real MVP.

Finished evolving RagDra #1 on my alt and RagDra #2 on my main recently. Could look at screenshots to pin down the dates on both, but that would take time and effort.

Cleared UEC with my rainbow Fenrir team, which was a lot of fun and probably one of my favorite achievements in recent memory. I led with my heart and chose to evolve Fenrir to D/R form on my alt and set him in slot 1 so my main would always have a D/R Fenrir to pair with. D/x Fenrir is arguably the stronger lead and I have a max-skilled Rugal and a max-skilled pixel Rugal on my alt (as well as on my main), but I have no regrets. Rainbow Fenrir is just too much fun.

Kreisler and Ultraduck like this.
  16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just cleared F9 with my Gronia team.

Gronia / RagDra / OdinDra / GCotton ! non-Awoken Ishida / Kaede ! Bacches

Failed first attempt on Nobunaga Dragon because I didn't know he hit for over 150K every 6th turn.

Tried again. One-shot NobuDra second time around. Popped Gronia and Bacches assist on the boss floor, matched 8 combos, still didn't OHKO Andro through her shield, but I did keep her from putting up the damage absorb. Fumbled around until I KO'd her.

#GroniaOP

Arranging likes this.
  17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Incoming copypasta!

I DID IT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Team was:

Amemina ! Yomi / LB Paimon ! Wee Jas / Apollo / Viz ! light wisedragon / Apoc ! Apoc

Sequence of actives was Apoc > Apollo > Wee Jas > light wisedragon > Yomi

I had 15 seconds of orb movement time to match the box!

So glad to have this done. :)

EDIT: Apollo has 2 devil killer latents, but some light skyfall matches meant he didn't even need them. They might still come in handy, though!

Source: https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/t...ng-last-floor-with-lajoa.106363/#post-1576068

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Star Treasure of the Night Sky on my alt for the first time this morning!

Team was Rikuu / No.6 ! VCarat / OdinDra / RagDra / Navi ! Sherias + Rikuu

Survived until the boss floor (LMeta), popped VCarat, solved the board, pew pew.

Also evolved Revo Satan on my main. Will probably wait until py invades return before max-skilling him. That will give me time to build him on my alt, too.

Speaking of Revo Satan, I cleared F9 of Eternal Jail of the Devil King on my alt somehow! Used Rikuu for that, too. RagDra with god killer SA is so strong. :)

Swept Aegir on both accounts for the +99. Will probably set PAD aside until after tomorrow's maintenance except for tomorrow's +99 dungeon. Excited for MOAR BOX SPACE

Ultraduck likes this.
  19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I looked at the Blogs sub-forum and noticed that @foxwaffles and I are the only 2 PF users who posted in May.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Probably not much since a lot of activity has moved to Discord (according to relevant forum threads) and the few folks who maintain a PAD blog these days probably use their own site. (Mantastic and Blogging Mama immediately come to mind.)

Makes me wonder how many folks are still reading this thread. :| But that's okay because I'd still post just to have a record of the highlights of my PAD career.

foxwaffles likes this.
  20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tried to clear Legendary Skyrealm solo with a Blonia team for the No Continues quest.

Failed 3 times in a row. :/ I made it to Valten on the second try and got him down to about 25%. I just struggled with those miserable roulette blocks.

I think I could clear it with 1-2 more tries, but I don't want to stone for stamina and I'm not within range of a rank up even if I run Experience of a Lifetime with a Ganesha friend.

I plan to throw a FMA collab watch as an assist equip on Kiri (since I doubt I'd be using her active) as an emergency measure against the roulette blocks. I can tank X Burst so long as I match blue and dark the turn before.