The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $79.60 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, so I decided to run the ranking dungeon a few more times on my main after seeing this video:

I didn't do nearly as well as the player in the video, but I was able to bump up to 11.8% with 100,154 points.

Hoping this locks me in for the top 17%, but the only difference between 17% and 27% is a diamond tri-fruit (and I have 10 on my main and 13 on my alt), so I'm not sweating it.

Yay Verse ranking teams!

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    9/15 fest rolls

Main
    Vajrayaksa
    Anubis #3

Alt
    Ma Chao
    Baldin #2
    Kraken Rider

Meh. Dupe Baldin is trade fodder, at least.

Would rather have rolled a dupe Vajrayaksa on my alt than a first on my main so I could have one L/B and one Awoken. (L/B pairs with L/B Raijin, Awoken pairs with Yog.)

I have 3 Ma Chao on my main and I don't think I've run him on a team once yet.

And for all those long-time players still hoping to pull an Anubis, I apologize. I would gladly trade Anubis #3 for something new and valuable if I could.

EDIT: If it's any consolation, I now have 3 Anubis on my main and zero on my alt. :/

And last--and most definitely least--Kraken Rider is still rubbish.

Oh well. Back to saving for super fest or DBDC.

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I transferred my JP account from my iPad 2 to my Nexus 6 tonight. (Made sure to add PAD JP to the Magisk Hide list.)

It will probably continue to gather dust, but at least I won't lose access to it.

While preparing for the transfer, I took a look around my JP box and discovered that I'd pulled DMeta a while back. :X How'd I miss that?

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    9/16 fest rolls

Main

Nim #2

Alt
    Typhon #2

9/17 GungHo collab rolls

Main

Helen (free)

Alt
    Orpheus (free)

Summary: Hot garbage except for Typhon #2 on my alt. Already evolved him to his D/x form and threw together a team to play around with in Endless. Not viable for endgame content, but still a lot of fun to play.

Dupe Nim on my main was a punishment roll.

Maybe Helen could be a useful assist when I need to counter a RCV debuff and don't want to bring Revo Ame?

And I guess Orpheus could be a good button active base?

/shrug

I doubt I'll spend any stones on the GungHo collab REM for fear of getting more rubbish gold eggs.

After my lack of poor impulse control (which, admittedly, netted excellent results on my alt overall--3/4 crystal eggs and 2 6* GFEs), I'm down to 30 stones on my main and 28 on my alt.

Now I get to debate whether to save stones for the 7-stone super fest or the return of DBDC. Decisions, decisions.

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I was thinking that Sylvie would eventually see use on a team.

Then I read about Mega Awoken Ryune and Mega Awoken Sylvie this morning: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...ws_jp_mega_awoken_ryune_sylvie_animated_rmyr/

Wow. Such disappointment.

I'll be keeping Ryune in her B/D form, but I might give Mega Awoken Sylvie a shot, if only because I'm not using her anywhere else (and likely won't since I have GCotton for FUA on my Gronia team and Sylvie doesn't generate dark orbs).

On the other hand, RMyr is looking great and I have 4 spare Borma drops taking up space in my box. Since I have 1.5M MP collecting dust, maybe I should buy RMyr?

But then I remember how I burned out on heart-cross gameplay and how little I've played Super Myr teams since I suffered through clearing Keela to collect her evo mats. And 750K is really expensive for even a top-tier fire sub.

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Sol & Mani - Annihilation with Rikuu teams in co-op.

Knocked them under 50% to turn them green, got the red wise dragon assist back up on No.6 after the skill delay, popped the burst active, and matched 7 combos (including one red match, of course).

[​IMG]

Pew pew.

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    THE NUMEN DUNGEONS ARE OVER, THANK THE GOOD LORD

Just cleared Mowa Descended. First on Mythical Plus, then on Annihilation. Got the drop on Myth+ (huzzah!), so I have 2 Mowas on each account.

Tried to get a screenshot of the kill on Annihilation difficulty, but flubbed the timing. :/

Paid one stone to continue on F3 during the Annihilation run (which, in hindsight, was a gamble).

Replaced Shazel with Droid Dragon on both teams for Annihilation, which made the runs considerably smoother. Chipping Mowa down on Annihilation took AGES, though.

But it's done. Now they can collect dust in my box as I continue to not buy DAth.

Now on to farming pluses with my makeshift Gaia farming teams.

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Janky Goemon +egg farming team

Main: MGoe / Awoken DVajra ! Grimmjow / NY Ame ! AVritra / RShiva ! RVritra / Anji

Alt: Beach Goemon / it doesn't really matter so long as you have enough SB

Press buttons from right to left (starting with Beach Goemon), swipe red board on boss floor, collect 30 pluses. Rinse and repeat.

RShiva is there for additional fire damage on the boss floor.

Awoken DVajra with Grimmjow assist wasn't enough to KO Mitsuki, so I had to use a second nuke active (AVritra assist on NY Ame).

You could adapt this build for your own box!

First 3 nukes can be anything over 64,050, so Awoken/Revo Ra assists or Famiel/Lumiel would suffice.

If you want to button F4, you'll need 2 nukes that hit for at least 1,745,920 damage combined. Or you could swipe F4 then swipe F5. It would take a little longer, but team building would be much less restrictive.

Farming pluses has never been this fast. Too bad I'm over 1M exp away from ranking up on my main. :/

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bought the $0.99 bundle for the GungHo collab on my main this evening.

Pulled this rubbish card.

Can't think of a situation where she would be useful, even as an assist. Now she's just taking up 1/5 of a stone's worth of storage space.

:/

Art's pretty, though.

Not planning on buying the bundle on my alt given the abysmal results on my main.

Also, thread title updated with new IAP total. I'm approaching $40 at around 1,630 days played!

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared C10 using a Kaede build I found on the Wood Row Farming Discord in the #estis_lab_september channel.

Thanks to Estina!

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared C9 (No Awakenings) with Rikuu teams in co-op!

[​IMG]

Yes, I triggered Star Justice's rage hit after this, but the 75% shield portion of Nohime's active, coupled with Rikuu's shield, just shrugged it off. I think I ended the dungeon with over 48K HP. :>

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bigfoot down!

[​IMG]

Now all that's left of September quests is Kurogane...

...which is probably the toughest dungeon in the set. :/

I daydream of pulling Yog on my alt for situations like these.

13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Going to try a modified version of this build for Kurogane:

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, so my modified Kaede build did not pan out. :/

After many failures, I assembled the following teams:

Main: Lead Yog / FUA Paimon ! Sonia Elle / Apoc ! Apoc / Revo Apollo ! Verse / Orpharion ! Apolluo (light wisedragon)

Alt: Revo Venus ! LAkechi / Revo Baal ! Sado / Revo DQXQ ! Momiji / NY Yomi / LEscha

(Please note this is not a farming build. Far from it. But I just needed one clear.)

F4 allowed plenty of time to stall. I had to learn to not be so stingy with my available active skills (i.e. actives not reserved for the killshot). And I had to remember that Kaoru makes a row of light orbs...which doesn't help on a full light board. X|

When I finally got things sorted, the boss floor went like this:

Apoc + Apollo for full light board > Light wisedragon assist for 5x ATK for light > pass > Sado assist > NY Yomi active to enhance full board, cancel time debuff, and give me 5 extra seconds to solve for VDP + 7c.

And here's the solve: http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=hs3ikq1

So after many failed attempts, 2 stones on my alt and 1 stone on my main for stamina refreshes, and more time and mental energy than I care to admit, I made it to the boss floor in co-op...

...only to let my main account phone go to sleep. X|

Sure enough, when I turn my main account phone back on and unlock it, I'm met with that message that effectively tells you that your co-op game broke and you got dropped to a solo run. I am pleased to report that I resisted the primal urge to throw both phones across the room and calmly evaluated the situation.

FORTUNATELY, I have a VDP SA on my Revo Apollo (super awakenings activate if you disconnect from a multiplayer game) and I'd already popped all necessary actives to set up the board and activate burst.

The results?

Main:

[​IMG]

Alt:

[​IMG]

So it turns out I didn't need to feed those 3 balanced killer latents to my Revo Baal, but oh well. I had 6 total and they were just collecting dust anyway.

TL;DR: KUROGANE DOWN

SEPTEMBER 2018 QUESTS COMPLETED

And I can not remember ever hating a dungeon more than I hate Kurogane. Damage void + combo shield + 150 million MP is just plain evil. I doubt I'll even bother running it for the first clear stone when it comes back around as a normal descend.

In other news, Revo Venus x Lead Yog turned out to be a pretty rockin' combination. But now I want to pull Yog on my alt even more than before...

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ran the ranking dungeon for the free stone.

Got 32.9% on my main and 36.1% on my alt with King Brachys x Diablos teams.

Might try a few more runs to see if I can snag a rainbow medal.

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Feels like it's been ages since I've done a post about skill-up rates. But here goes.

Durandalf

Main: 4/12
    Alt: 4/13

During alleged 5x skill-up rates.

-_-

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Durandalf skill-up campaign update 9/27

Main

4/12 + 3/6 + 1/1 + 4/6 = 12/25

Alt
    4/13 + 4/6 + 1/1 + 1/6 = 10/26

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Durandalf skill-up campaign update 9/28

Main

12/25 + 1/6 + 4/5 + 2/5 +1/5 = 20/46

Alt
    10/26 + 2/6 + 3/5 + 3/5 + 3/5 = 21/47

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Durandalf skill-up campaign update 9/28 - MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Main

20/46 + 3/5 + 2/2 = 25/53

Alt

21/47 + 2/5 + 2/2 = 25/54

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I made it to 15.0% on my main and 22.6% on my alt for the GungHo Collab 2 ranking dungon.

/flex