The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $79.60 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Zouni Dragon - Mythical 3/23/15

Ronia/Hera-Ur/Hadar/Vamp/Mini Lu Bu/Hypermax Ronia friend

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just pre-ordered PADZ/PAD SMB from Amazon!

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Honey Insect Dragon - Mythical 3/24/15

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have cleared Heracles' descend on Legend FOUR TIMES TODAY and still no drop.

:<

In other news, I evolved an Apex Blue Flower Dragon, Starling.

Because I could.

And because the art is so pretty. :)

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    HERACLES WHY WON'T YOU DROP

Seriously, that's 7 clears on Legend and still no drop. Heracles remains the only descend where I haven't gotten a drop on Legend. (I even eventually got a Valk to drop on Legend months after I earned my first Valk with a GZL zero-stone Mythical clear.)

In other news, I got my amPen in today. I like it! I'll post more on the thread that prompted my purchase.

I'm also considering evolving my Chiyome if and when I get a few spare dub-mythlits tomorrow. A team with 63K HP certainly has its appeal. :D

And because I have PAD ADD, I'm also considering running an Apex Dragon team this weekend for tri-color dungeons, assuming I can find someone else running Apex Dragon and willing to add me as a friend.

Time to go post in the NA Add Me forum!

6. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh definitely evolve Chiyome. I did. Was fantastic.

Which one is Apex Dragon? On weekends I usually run Ganesha or B/B Isis.

*Edit - that's the one I'm missing the Blue fruit and blue jewel for. I'm hoping in the evo mat pal egg machine I get them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  7. maherd

maherd Bearded Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My Apex Dragon is only lvl. 32ish but I can put him up sometime if you wish :)

8. unlimitedx

unlimitedx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice! Which team did you use to clear mythical? I feel like my Lmeta team is really underpowered to beat that difficulty, although the skyfalls do help a lot.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Like most REM pulls, I saw her roll out of the REM and thought, "Meh. I was hoping for DQXQ or Kushi." It was only after I started theorycrafting that I started to get an idea of her potential. Now I'm excited to put it into practice. :)

I hope you do!

Part of me feels like it was really irresponsible to spend evo materials that I can't yet farm (tri-fruits and blue jewel) to evolve a monster that I may or may not end up using, but most of me thinks, "I play the game to enjoy it and I enjoy gathering the mats for this monster and evolving her."

Funny story: So I evolved the Apex Starling thinking my 4-year old daughter would think it's the prettiest dragon in the game. So when she asked to see my monsters (as she often does when I play PAD), she said she wanted to see "the butterfly dragon" again, then told me that it was the prettiest dragon ever. I showed her Apex Starling and asked her if she thought it was the second prettiest dragon. She said, "It's medium pretty." I couldn't help but smile (and groan inwardly, since one of my motives for evolving Apex Starling was to show her).

That would be fantastic! I can message you over the weekend when I'm about to run tri-color dungeons so you don't need to keep him up longer than necessary. I haven't built my Apex Starling team yet, but I'm thinking of including Sieg, Siren, and Midgard.

I don't remember with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure it was my LMeta team. I think I stoned once to clear it, though (which defeated the purpose of clearing the set of dungeons for the stone :().

If it was my LMeta team, I ran LMeta/Echidna/Valk/Angelion/Shynee. I'm still not confident replacing Shynee with Sandalphon yet because of the additional 8 turns for the burst, but I plan to swap him in for lower difficulty dungeons to get a feel for how he fits with the team.

EDIT: In other news, I FINALLY GOT HERACLES TO DROP ON MY 8TH CLEAR! I started the dungeon last night before I went to bed, cleared Cerberus, turned off my phone, and resumed the dungeon this morning.

I only had 4 heal orbs on the board after Heracles' skill lock and 99% damage attacks, so I couldn't get past the HP threshold before Million Punches. I stoned once, but then finished the rest of the fight with relative ease. I was very pleased to see that gold egg drop!

I have absolutely no idea what, if anything, I'll do with Heracles, but I can finally stop running his descend and enjoy having him in my trophy gallery/monster box. :)

10. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My 6 year old loves the dragons. I get told to keep them all. So much so that kiddo has my old alt account.

I rolled 3 times in pal egg and only gold egg was gold keeper. Holding off on my other rolls.

Congrats on Heracles.

I don't think it was irresponsible to spend the evo mats at all. If a game isn't fun, it's not worth playing. So play for fun and the rest will come In time.

I've "wasted" stamina and mats on other monsters. Took longer to level them all, but eh. I had fun leveling the one team. Still working on two others, but the leads are maxed.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My 4-year old always wants to watch when I'm playing PAD, which means I usually save descends and other higher difficulty content for after she goes to bed or my lunch break at work.

But I admit I do enjoy having her sit next to me on the couch while I farm Supers or weekday dungeons. :)

The Evo PEM has been fairly kind to me so far. I've had a few rubbish rolls, but I also landed an Angelit and a Dub-mythlit. Considering what I usually get out of the standard PEM, I'd say this is an improvement so far.

Thanks!

I was so happy to finally see that gold egg drop after clearing the descend 7 times prior. I'd even gone back to PDX to check the difference between Legend and Mythical for Heracles, discovered most monsters have almost twice as much HP on Mythical, and decided to stick with Legend. :)

Agreed!

If it weren't for the water jewel requirement, I don't think I even would have hesitated, but jewel farming sounds like the exact opposite of fun, so I'm usually very stingy with my jewels (though I still plan to spend some jewels to evolve my Valk and Athena; I'm undecided on Beelzebub, but I have until I can land a fire jewel to decide).

In other news: Emerald Supers tomorrow! Finally! I'm very much looking forward to evolving my Armadel and taking my team for a test drive. Now I just need some friend leads...

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Lord of Hell - Mythical 3/29/15

Cost 2 stones, but I recovered 1 for the clear.

GZL
    G/R Liu Bei
    G/R Cu Chu
    Artemis
    Vishnu
    +297 GZL friend (Thanks again, @unlimitedx :))

Made it to Satan without spending stones, but had to spend 2 to clear the boss.

I can't help but think that if I had Kushi, her active could have saved me a stone.

Oh well. I cleared it! I'm done. :D

EDIT: Now I'm wondering if I could clear it with a LMeta team...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Graham likes this.
  13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just ran my Armadel team with a Verdandi friend lead for the third floor of Challenge Dungeon 5. Swept it. :D Much fun.

Speaking of tri-color: Thanks to @maherd for putting up his Apex Starling last night. Was much fun clearing tri-color Legend on the first attempt with my Apex Starling team:

Apex Starling
    Sieg (max-skilled)
    Siren (max-skilled)
    G/R Liu Bei
    G/R Cu Chu (max-skilled)

I'm pondering whether I want to throw together a last-minute Draggie team or not.

On a related note: I forgot to mention it during my Heracles marathon earlier this week, but Gigas dropped during one of my Heracles runs! Huzzah! :D

Now I just need to max-skill Gigas and level him a bit. So I think I'll wait on Draggie for now. I don't have any urgent need for Draggie, though I could see how he would be useful on an Apocalypse team.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just swept tri-color on Legend with my Armadel team and a max level Verdandi lead.

Yeeeah, I think I might have found my new tri-color farming team. :D

15. unlimitedx

unlimitedx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats on the clear. Glad my GZL was able to help :)

I max skilled my Lmeta. She could very well be my first hypermaxed monster once I get around to feeding her +eggs again.

16. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice job on the clear! I cleared Satan too. It's not as awful as I thought it would be.

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    +eggs are the easiest part of a hypermax, so you're in the home stretch!

And yes, your GZL is once again a hero. :)

I'm still undecided who I'll feed +eggs after my LMeta is +297; it's between Ronia and GZL right now. GZL is situational, but he's fantastic in the right situation.

Congrats! And I agree; I was expecting to get stomped, but I had 50 stamina to burn before Supers anyway.

Unrelated, but today I learned that GZL can't clear the first floor of Izanami if your team's HP won't drop below 81% with the light demon's preemptive strike. :<

I might just skip Golden Mound tonight (though it's sorely tempting, if only as an excuse to break out my new Armadel team) and run Izanami with my LMeta team instead. We'll see. :)

18. maherd

maherd Bearded Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For your +eggs, I would actually suggest Liu Bei. He's going to show up on all your green teams and you'll get the most out of your atk +s with his triple 2-prong.

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oo, good point. He has been getting quite a bit of play time lately as he's on my GZL teams and my Armadel team (and I'll even put him up as my lead on weekends for those rare occasions when I feel like playing my alt account with a Cao Cao lead).

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Yomi Goddess - Legend 3/31/15

Had to stone once on the fifth floor because I couldn't keep enough hearts on the board to heal up without active skills. Got both drops (floor 5 and floor 6) on Legend, so I'm pleased with the results.

I don't know if I have any use at all for either Izanami, but, hey, two more descend trophies! :)