The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $79.60 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    King Tan count 8/26/17

Main
    Fire 9
    Water 6
    Wood 4
    Light 4
    Dark 2

Alt
    Fire 4
    Water 0
    Wood 0
    Light 0
    Dark 0

EDIT: Would anyone like to farm B/G/L/D King Tans with my alt? Got plenty on my main but none on my alt. Can bring a pretty good BHunter team:

BHunter ! Mori / RIsis ! Grodin / AGabriel / UUVO Saras / Skuld

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    8/31-9/1 fest results

Day 1
    Main

Shedar - Gold is the new silver. Will probably collect dust.
    Izanagi #2 - What do you even do with an Izanagi dupe? I already have RIzanagi ready for primetime.

Alt
    Cthugha - Right monster, WRONG ACCOUNT. Hey, REM, all my awesome TPA and 7c fire monsters are on my main! Bah.
    Sherias #3 - Whatever, dude.

Day 2
    Main

Shotel - Oh my word, this is even worse than Shedar. Another day, another troll gold.
    Apolluo - This...could actually be useful. Inherited on my Rei Sirius for yet another attempt at the current challenge F5.
    Aten - "It's a crystal egg! How exciting! COULD IT BE SKULD AT LONG LAST?!" *plorp, Aten* Wow. I don't know if there's another 6* GFE I want less than this. Maybe he'll get an ult that will make him useful?
    Bacches #2 - Is there even a use for a dupe Wisedragon?

Alt
    Meimei - WRONG ACCOUNT AGAIN. Seriously, I've wanted a Meimei for ages on my main.
    Leilan #2 - I'm okay with this.

So once again, chasing Haku on my main ended poorly. I might have my older daughter roll once for me this evening, but going to stop after that to save for 8x Skuld rates day (Friday, 9/8! Mark it on your calendars!).

I might roll once or twice on FF REM, too. But probably not.

Also waiting for the first Neyfest in NA, but will probably roll only a few times even for that.

EDIT: How do I roll all gold and crystal eggs and still end up feeling so very disappointed yet again?

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I kept chasing after Haku last night. Ultimately, I still didn't get her, so I can retain my membership in the No Hakus Club (tagging @Hansey as a fellow club member).

I let my older daughter roll twice for me. I only planned to let her roll once, but the results of the first roll pleased me greatly.

Meimei. FINALLY, a third Chinese pantheon member. No, it's not Haku. And no, Meimei isn't the highly-in-demand monster she once was, but I'm still thrilled to have her.

Cthugha. YES. So hype. Now I have a lead for all those TPA and 7c fire monsters that haven't been getting much love lately.

Then I rolled more on my own.

Oichi. Hype! As tempted as I might be to leave her in her base form for RKushi, I think I'll evolve her and run a wood TPA team. Pew pew.

Diaochan. Huzzah! I'm very excited to have a Diaochan of my very own for my Anubis team, though I might have to rearrange things. My current go-to Anubis team is Anubis / original Verdandi / RKushi / split ult Verd ! Mel / Kaede + Diablos. Rainbow coverage, Verd with Mel assist for floors with resolve, RKushi for shield + 1 more combo count, Kaede for TPA damage output. Once Diaochan's skill-up fodder arrives in NA and I max-skill her, I might build a light-focused or dark-focused Anubis team for dungeons where I don't need Diablos' guard break.

Inahime. YES. Another fire TPA lead and possibly the strongest in the game. As with Oichi, I don't know if I'm going to like the "can't match less than 4 orbs" play style, but I'll definitely give it a shot. RShiva, it's time to shine once more!

Zuoh #4. Okay, point taken, I'll stop rolling now.

So still no Haku or Skuld, but I did land some fantastic new cards. Rolling 3 crystal eggs in a row was pretty cool, too.

The downside is I'm down to 53 stones after running today's time trial dungeon and International Skuld Day (9/8) is less than a week away. This would be a good time to farm stones from the reset challenge mode, but work is going to be crazy busy and home life is a different (and better) kind of crazy busy. Still not going to buy stones, though.

Hansey likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Heavenly Palace of Heretics F5 with the following team:

Myr ! Snow White / Saria ! Saria / Unicorn Rider ! Fuu / light Wee Jas ! ROrochi / Rei Sirius ! Apolluo + Myr ! Saria

Took me more attempts than I care to admit.

For the final and successful run, I popped Apolluo for Gran Reverse after she raised her 75% shield and I popped Orochi when the time was right on Heph.

It's been a while since I ran a Myr team for serious business and I'm remembering why heart-cross has largely fallen out of favor. Unfortunately, she was the best fit I could manage (at least, without serious theorycrafting) as I could sub in several strong 6* subs to take advantage of the dungeon-specific buff.

After clearing F5, I attempted F6 with Anubis x Diablos, but choked the second turn on Fagan and got OHKO'd. I spent most of my stamina on the T-W-Th-F dungeon today, it's past time for me to go get some sleep, and I'm not going to stone for stamina, so that's where my run in the Palace ends.

I wish I'd gotten further, but I didn't invest a great deal of time on it, so I'm not upset about it. I decided a while back to step back down to semi-casual play and these are the consequences of the decision. I have no regrets. :)

EDIT: PDX info for F5: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=3009

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Max-skilled leader DMeta, sub DMeta, and Awoken Anubis #2 so far today. Huzzah!

Future badpy candidates include Swallowtail (4), Awoken Okuni #2 (4), Sleeping Beauty #2 (5), Awoken Vritra #2 (4), and Beelzebub (5).

Swallowtail is the top priority, with Awoken Okuni #2 and Sleeping Beauty #2 tied for second.

Posting the py schedule for this event for reference:

Py Schedule
    • 9/4 (Mon): Zaerog∞ Descended!-Special... Badpy
    • 9/5 (Tue): Volsung Descended!-Special... Bubpy
    • 9/6 (Wed): Myr Descended!-Special... Shynpy
    • 9/7 (Thurs): Linthia Descended!-Special... Woodpy
    • 9/8 (Fri): Scarlet Descended!-Special... Flampy
    • 9/9 (Sat): Zaerog∞ Descended!-Special... Badpy
    • 9/10 (Sun): Volsung Descended!-Special... Bubpy
    • 9/11 (Mon): Linthia Descended!-Special... Woodpy
    • 9/12 (Tue): Scarlet Descended!-Special... Flampy
    • 9/13 (Wed): Zaerog∞ Descended!-Special... Badpy
    • 9/14 (Thurs): Volsung Descended!-Special... Bubpy
    • 9/15 (Fri): Nordis Descended!-Special... Shynpy
    • 9/16 (Sat): Linthia Descended!-Special... Woodpy
    • 9/17 (Sun): Gainaut Descended!-Special... Flampy
    I'm not sure I have teams to farm pys as easily as my Z8 No Pass team A, but I'm certainly going to give it a shot.

I just wish we'd gotten this event a few months ago when work wasn't so hectic...

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, about 'bout dem split dragonbounds?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=705

Split ult Typhon is a beastly lead AND one of the best DAthena subs in the game.

So would a Gadius system work? I mean, I have to do something with 6 of them, right?

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared Mecha Goemon on Tuesday (9/12):

Got a dupe Markab for my trouble:

[​IMG]

/smh

Max-skilled my Raguel with 15 woodpys earlier today.

He'll make a great base sub for ALB farming for dungeons with skill lock, but, wow, I've had my fill of farming Linthia.

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    9/16-9/17 fest results

9/16
    Main

Skipped

Alt
    Murakumo Takeda #2

9/17
    Main

Ronove #4
    Griffin Rider
    Muse
    Light Wee Jas #2

Alt
    Murakumo Takeda #3
    Cthugha #2
    Delgado

Disappointing, aside from pulling Muse on my main. Should be an excellent assist once ready.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bumping my own post in my own thread for reference.

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Beach REM 9/25

Main

Fuu (free)
    Kurone
    Armadel

Alt
    Kurone (free)
    Navi
    Navi #2

Another collab REM, another 10 stones flushed per account. Just like FF REM.

I even got 2 dupe silvers back to back on my alt like I did with FF REM.

/shrug

Can't say I'm terribly upset. At least this means I won't have to skill up, max level, fully awaken, or otherwise build up new cards. I can't even see a niche use for any of these pulls.

So the plan to clear September C10, clear A3 in co-op, then semi-retire still stands.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Copypasta from my thread about September C10:

Huzzah! I cleared it with 2 continues using the following teams:

Main: BHunter ! Shew (orb refresh) / split ult Ronia / split ult Urd / DK Tsubaki ! Saria / DK Tsubaki

Alt: BHunter ! Mori / RIsis / Grodin / AGabriel / RHermes / Skuld

I didn't get KO'd until Beelz (Karin hit me pretty hard and I just didn't have the hearts on the board to heal back up before his 67K attack.

I spent the second stone on the boss floor after Sevenzard flooded the board with poison and I was already out of useful actives. I can't remember, but I think I might have been able to refresh the board if I hadn't accidentally activated my Shew assist one turn prior when I was trying to check how many turns of cooldown were left (and it was only one). If I wasted a stone there, then that was a foolish mistake.

I reclaimed one stone for the victory, so I'm just going to count it as paying 1 stone for that freaky crystal mask. Considering that I just flushed 10 stones per account on Beach REM earlier today, I'm okay with that.

I really think that I could have zero-stoned or 1-stoned it if I'd tried again and maybe even modified my teams, but I didn't get KO'd until floor 7/8 and I just wanted it to be over.

I'm ready to get back to PAD being fun. Now that C10 is behind me, I feel like I can do that.

Phew.

12. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats on the C10 clear! I myself spent five stones clearing that stupid thing; I had no one to co-op with, so I had to solo it.

Tek7 likes this.
  13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Still planning on semi-retiring, but also totally planning on theorycrafting a team for the upcoming L/D Sherias Roots ult on my main.

I can't imagine clearing it solo. I had a hard enough time in co-op with BHunter and over 120K HP.

What team did you run?

14. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anubis/Diablos mostly using light subs. Tachibana was my only blue attribute monster, so it wasn't a very tanky team, but it was the only single-player team that I trusted to do enough damage to kill everything. Most of my runs failed at Titania or Azazel, so when I reached Goemon before dying I decided I'd had enough of retrying the dungeon and spent a stone. Goemon then proceeded to kill me again, and by that point I was committed to beating the dungeon so I stoned again, and then stupid Karin killed me a whopping three times. But the good news is I one-shot the last two floors; Ilm with her Dragon killer wasted Sevenzard.

Tek7 likes this.
  15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    9/30 fest results

Alt: Nim #4 -_-

Main: Alcyone (new)

Disappointed to roll my FOURTH Nim on my alt, but I guess I'm happy to roll Alcyone on my main? Maybe? I'm not sure what team I'd put him on. Can't see replacing anyone on my LMeta x LEscha team on my main with his L/L form.

Still less disappointing than recent fests.

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Seriously, what do I even do with Alcyone with my box?

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ronove ults are live in JP!

Acubens ults are live in JP, too!

I don't need to decide on a Ronove ult on my main because I have FOUR Ronove on my main. I only have one Ronove on my alt, though.

I only have one Acubens on my main, so I'll need to decide between sub and lead. I'm leaning toward lead because I don't have Denebola and I just don't see running the sub form, even as an assist base, on my BHunter team and I don't run many other water teams these days.

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh my word Valten is brutal - http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=2918

Failed 3 or 4 times with my BHunter team, but remained stubborn to the end.

Inheriting non-Awoken Indra on BHunter on my main certainly helped. With Indra's active, I could survive Valten's X Burst attack and have another 10 turns to whittle down his health.

Skyfall was certainly kinder on the last run, but it still took about 15 turns to finally take him down.

Teams were:

Main: BHunter ! non-Awoken Indra / Mel ! Mel / Nut ! non-Awoken Andro / AAndro ! Ryune / Famiel

Alt: BHunter ! Mori / RIsis ! Grodin / AGabriel / RHermes / Skuld

All subs except Famiel were hypermaxed.

Strategy was:

F1: Famiel to laser blue mask, Andro to put more blue and hearts on the board, combo hard to kill blue mask
    F2: Combo hard to kill
    F3: Stall for 3-4 turns, combo to kill
    F4: Combo hard to kill
    F5: Whittle away at 300 MILLION HP, pop Indra shield when down to 1 turn before X Burst, continue whittling away at remainder of that absurd HP

Now I have another numbered dragon trophy that will collect dust. Oh, and 1 more stone!

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    10/1 fest results

Main
    BSonia - HUZZAH! Almost 1300 days played and my first non-red Sonia!
    Roots #2 - ALSO HUZZAH! Very pleased to have a dupe for his L/R form
    Ame #3 - Okay, back down to earth now
    Caladbolg (Can I just call him Saladbowl?) - Yay? I think?

Alt
    LKali #3 - /groan
    Arondight - Yay, my own poverty Ameno!
    Trailokyavijaya - I totally copy/pasted that name from PDX
    Satsuki #2 - One day a dupe Satsuki will be useful. Probably. Maybe.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017