The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $79.60 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Max-skilled Alrescha and Alcyone on my main this weekend.

Still not sure what teams I'd run them on.

Attempted C10 in co-op with my usual team BHunter teams tonight. Failed all 3 attempts on the third floor. Could probably get further and maybe even clear it if I was willing to tryhard and even use dawnGlare to map out 7-8 combos on each board, but I just can't bring myself to invest that much effort in PAD right now.

On a related note, if I could ever pull Diablos, Tachibana, or Rii, new possibilities would open up for future challenges. I have Anubis and Sakuya on my main and Yuna and Sakuya on my alt. If I pull Rii during the Dragonbound+Caller REM, I could run something like the following:

Alt: Navi / BHunter ! Rii / RIsis ! Grodin / RI&I / Skuld

Main: BHunter / RI&I / AAndro / BSonia / flex (Famiel for laser + board change, Nut for additional damage + assist base, RSQ or ROrochi for delay, Whaledor for SB, etc.)

Start with 7x6 board, pop Rii assist skill on alt team BHunter as soon as possible.

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow. Just cleared both difficulties of Super Ultimate Survey Rush with my BHunter teams on the first try! Not sure if that means I'm starting to improve at the game, I'm more dependent on skyfall than I previously realized (which would explain my terrible performance on C10 earlier tonight), or if BHunter is just that OP (which is also entirely possible).

Whatever the explanation, I'm counting this as an achievement!

Oh, and I completed my Herme set with Herme-Ku tonight and also scored my very first Demonius!

Too bad I don't have any Exodia pieces. :p

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    PCGF 10/2017 results

Main

Alt

Obvious highlights are Amemina and Indra #2 on the main.

Rolls were rubbish on alt, but I can't even be salty after pulling Arondight recently.

I was out of town this weekend and didn't have much time to play, but I plan on assembling WIP Amemina x Arondight teams to co-op with my alt soon.

EDIT: I plan to post more soon, but I'm exhausted from an out-of-town trip and I want to watch an episode of something to brain-drain then crash.

bookwyrm likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, time to figure out my best Amemina teams ahead of Paimon and Saria ult arrivals in NA...

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The good news: Paimon and Fenrir ults are live in NA!

The bad news: I'm missing the dub-topalits to evolve my 2 Paimon.

The worse news: The latest JP patch strongly suggests GungHo has run out of ideas: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=724

I, and I imagine most others on this forum, have pages full of monsters we consider "complete"--max level, fully awoken, max-skilled, 5-6 latents, +297, and assists where appropriate. Raising that level cap on so many monsters seems like the laziest possible way to try to coerce long-time players to invest more time in the game grinding XP fodder.

Pulling Amemina during PCGF and waiting for exciting new ults coming to NA in the near future (Saria, Ryune, Typhon, Roots, etc.) revived my waning interest in the game, but I think once I get to play around with the current and upcoming toys and clear A3 once, I'll likely start winding down before 12.3.1 arrives in NA.

The thought of having to grind levels on ~45 monsters that are currently complete may be sufficient to convince me to retire from PAD.

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    WIP Amemina team on main is currently:

Amemina ! ROrochi / L/B Paimon / RDQXQ ! ADQXQ / RApollo / FUA Paimon

Still need to figure out assists on LB Paimon, RApollo, and FUA Paimon.

Available assist monsters include Apolluo (light wisedragon), Apoc, Saria, non-Awoken Indra, Ana Valk, RRa, and others.

Also wondering if I should evolve Alcyone to L/B ult and run him instead of RApollo. I'd gain rows but lose TPA and overall ATK. Alcyone is a fantastic hazard clear for Amemina, though.

Thoughts?

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And now I need to decide what to do with my Fenrirs (2 on my main, 1 on my alt).

I wish we'd gotten a small flood of ults on a day I hadn't planned to spend cleaning my house. -_-

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    WIP Fenrir team on my main is currently:

D/x Fenrir / D/R Fenrir / Jorm / RPersephone / Sleeping Beauty

D/R Fenrir and Jorm on the team to make jammers, RPersephone as a dark orb maker with 2 TPA and high ATK, Sleeping Beauty as bind clear with 2 TPA.

Jorm is off-color and Sleeping Beauty has mediocre stats, but all subs are devil type.

Will be tweaking team as the mood strikes, but Amemina is first priority right now.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just finished uploading a truckload of screenshots in preparation for a near-future post documenting my recent adventures.

If you don't have a bandwidth cap and want to browse, feel free to hit up my fourth and most recent PAD screenshot gallery: https://imgur.com/a/9UArA

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    WHITE SNEK IS MINE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALL MINE

RageSedai and bookwyrm like this.
  11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I arbitrarily decided on a pet project now that I've cleared A3:

I want to clear UEC with a Yuna x Yuna team on my alt. I've mapped out the preemptive attacks that do over 10,000 damage and the 75% and 99% gravities to know when I need to pop a shield. I'm not even sure why I decided to do this, other than dual Yuna leads is super fun.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I cleared October C10 on Wednesday (10/25).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clearing this C10 was much, MUCH more annoying than clearing A3. -_-

The clock is ticking on the Cloud City challenges, but I just can't muster the energy to bother with another attempt on F6. The rewards are nice, but not worth the stress, especially since I'm planning to scale back my play time now that I've cleared A3. Also, it's the weekend and I'd rather work on the house or spend time with my family (or get a root canal without anesthesia) than keep banging my head against Cloud City F6.

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    November C9 ALB Solution

Main: ALB ! Shew (orb refresh or unlock) / Dios / Dios / Dios / Raguel ! Kaoru (combo maker)

Alt: ALB ! Pixel Onion Knight (laser) / Dios / Dios / Dios / Mito ! Indra (shield)

F1: P1 - Orb refresh or unlock, Dios, Kaoru, match 6 combos
    F2: P2 - Dios, swipe
    F3: P1 - Pass
    P2 - Shield, laser​
    F4: P2 - Dios, swipe
    F5: P1 - Dios, match bombs if ALB awakenings did not block bombs
    F6: P2 - Pass
    P1 - Dios, swipe​
    F7: P2 - Dios, swipe

Notes: YMMV. +eggs and combo skyfall may have helped. +eggs were as follows:

Main: ALB and all Dios are hypermax. Raguel has 0 +eggs (though I should remedy that soon).

Alt: ALB, Dios #1, and Mito are hypermax. 2 +ATK eggs on Dios #2, 19 +eggs (9 HP, 5 ATK, 5 RCV) on Dios #3.

Would probably be a safer run with RLB leads.

Raguel is there for 100% SBR coverage.

Mito's devil killer awakenings and short CD are likely what made this run possible.

I think I BARELY squeaked by to have skills up on turn 1 with the given SB.

Matching 6 combos with a Dios + Kaoru board in 4 seconds may be the hardest part of this run. I recommend practicing in Endless if you're not already familiar with the pattern.

Matching bombs was the second hardest part, but not difficult. Make sure you take darkened bombs in to account as well. Dual ALB leads bring a 40% chance of blocking the bombs thanks to jammer resist awakenings.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Typing up some notes in case I decide to farm Hanuman at a later date.

Main: ALB / GL Tengu / GD Tengu / Whaledor / Drake

Alt: ALB / Dios / RParvati / Green PreDra / Whaledor

F1: P1 - Pass
    P2 - Green PreDra (void damage absorb), Dios, RParvati (enhance), pass
    P1 - Swipe​

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    26 days left and I've completed 29/30 November quest dungeons.

What's left? Why, C10 of course. -_-

I still reserve the option to skip it altogether. After all, I haven't used any of my crystal masks yet.

That said, here's a quick set of theory teams:

Main: BHunter ! Shew (orb unlock) / Spica / Kaede ! Bacches / AOichi / FUA Verd

Alt: BHunter ! Hathor / Balboa ! Yoruichi / ASusano / Mito ! non-Awoken Amaterasu / RMeimei

Shew (orb unlock) on main BHunter for F4 orb lock

Spica for god killer awakening and orb change

Kaede for damage output, Bacches assist for F7

AOichi for awoken bind clear and board change for F7

FUA Verd for resolve killer on F7

Hathor assist on alt BHunter for F2 to get past resolve and cancel time debuff

Balboa for void defense on F1 or F4, Yoruichi for pseudo SDR and backup enhance for F7 (if I have to pop Kaede to live before then)

ASusano for shield for F4 and F5 preemptives

Mito for guard break for F1 or F4, depending on whether or not I get a rainbow-capable board on F1. Non-Awoken Amaterasu assist for emergency heal

RMeimei for damage output and board change

Plan for F7 is: Pop Oichi for board change + awoken bind unclear, pop Bacches for 5x damage, then match a heart column for FUA and match as many combos as possible, including at least one wood TPA.

I know RNG will play a major role, but I think this is a good starting point.

Suggestions are welcome!

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I cleared November C10 on Sunday (11/5)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cleared it on attempt #5 using the team listed in my previous post. As one might guess by the counter in the screenshot above, things did not go according to plan. I decided to go all-in with the Bacches assist for 5x ATK and the Hathor assist for the 25% gravity and, more importantly, extended move time to counter the awakening bind. Kaguya was already below resolve, so I didn't have to worry about matching a heart column. The victory was an extremely narrow one from my perspective, but I still managed to clear the quest without spending any stones.

November quests are done! And given the time, energy, and effort I invested in this month's C10, it may very well be my last.

Now that I've cleared A3 and 3 monthly C10 quests, I plan on following through with semi-retiring as I'd been talking about for a while. I plan to post more on that transition soon.

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Spent 1 stone to clear Rushana on the first attempt with the same team I used to clear A3 (minus inheriting Indra on Yuna on my alt). Recovered stone for first clear.

Stalled through 10 turns of Agni's damage absorb. Got both my Paimon on my main bound for 10 turns in the battle against Rushana. Cleared 6 turns of bind clear with a single heart row thanks to Amemina and Arondight.

Parvati wasn't a big deal thanks to this team's absurdly good damage control.

Got KO'd battling Rushana because I knocked her below 10% without finishing the job. Oops. Spent the stone, KO'd her on the next turn. Worth it to save having to run the dungeon again and to have Rushana on both my accounts.

RUSHANA CLEARED, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

And I didn't agonize over teambuilding or bang my head against the dungeon over several repeated runs. I'm calling this a success!

No screenshots because (1) the killshot was on my alt and I wasn't 100% I wouldn't mess it up and (2) I'm lazy. I'll probably post a screenshot of damage output once I evolve and fully awaken my Rushana and take a team in to Endless.