The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $79.60 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I posted on Saturday lamenting my abysmal (apart from a few crystal eggs) REM fortune lately.

Then, again my better judgment, I decided to pull once on my alt account.

AND I PULLED GRONIA

HUZZAH!

Unfortunately, my main account wasn't as fortunate. I pulled Bacches #3. :/

Also unfortunately, my PADZ ranking dungeon free rolls were rubbish: Diadem #4 on my main and Phact on my alt. (Watching Diadem pop out felt like a slap in the face.)

So to recap:

Main
    Bacches #3
    Diadem #4 (PADZ ranking dungeon free roll)

Alt
    GRONIA!
    Phact (PADZ ranking dungeon free roll)

I'm hoping that my fortune on my main turns around with the super fest, which I am eagerly anticipating. I'm up to 94 stones on my main and 96 stones on my alt right now. Barring any unwise stone expenditures, I should have over 100 stones on each account by the time NA gets super fest #2.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    July Novice to Int. Quest Reward

Main
    Gabriel (new!)

Alt
    Tsubaki #3

I am okay with these rolls.

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared One-shot Challenge 20 7/3/18

PDX: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=3272

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drew Wallace the first 2 times I made it to the boss floor. Got KO'd when I knocked him in to the rage zone both times. Decided it was not worth stoning. Fell to Ena on attempt #3 after I failed to hit 9 combos.

Drew Ena on attempt #4 and defeated her.

/flex

EDIT: Team was Gronia ! Rathian equip / OdinDra / RagDra ! Raijin / GCotton ! non-Awoken Ishida / Tardis ! Bacches + Gronia ! Rathian equip

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Scored an A rank on the Arena challenge with Gronia ! Rathian equip / GCotton + Gronia ! Rathian equip.

[​IMG]

I have 18 crystal masks already, so I have approximately zero desire to run it again. I'm happy with my King Tamadra, +297 Shynee, and super snow globe dragon.

And this experience just reinforced that Gronia is OP. :>

This clear also has me considering switching my BCotton on my alt to GCotton. When I first built BCotton on my alt, I hadn't pulled Gronia yet. I cover blue on Rikuu team with Navi's sub-attribute and, in most cases, Orochi, so I'm good there. Sure, I won't have a blue FUA for co-op when I run Blonia, but I don't anticipate many situations where I'd opt to run Blonia teams in co-op over Gronia teams.

But man, building another Sonia Gran and Gran Reverse for switching Cotton from blue to green sounds like a royal pain in the rear. I guess the new gem system makes it slightly less bothersome?

EDIT: Oh, and if you're wondering why it took many turns to clear Arena with Gronia, several of those turns were spent stalling on Kaguya-hime on one of the very early floors. Boo.

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Persona collab rolls 7/16

My older daughter decided to wait to roll until I get home this evening. <3

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Super fest prep update:

136 stones on my main

138 stones on my alt

Woo woo.

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Struggling to clear Arena Challenge with Gronia ! Sasuke equip / RagDra + Gronia ! Rathian equip on my alt. Got as far as knocking DKali down to 3-5% HP and then getting KO'd by her ragehit. The most recent attempt ended with failing to knock LKali below 65% (though I'd guess I was only a few percent off) on the first turn and getting OHKO'd.

Also struggling to S-rank Persona Mythical on my main. Managed to S-rank the same dungeon on my alt running Rikuu / Balboa + LIdeal after a few tries. I ran Tardis ! Bacches / Mito ! LMeta equip + Tardis ! Ling on my latest attempt, cleared it, but still couldn't manage better than A-rank.

Decided to put both dungeons aside for a while because I was starting to get angry and that's not healthy.

8. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    Ever tried bringing a sub with multiple 7 combo awakenings? I used uranus and that worked for me.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm considering switching my BCotton to GCotton on my alt for that reason (among others). It would also allow me to one-shot any floors with resolve.

I didn't pull Gronia on my alt until after I'd already committed to BCotton. :/

10. Ultraduck

Ultraduck Member

User ID:
    And the sad thing about using Mito is that most of the spawns are not devil type.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I brought Mito for the bind clear on a low CD for the boss.

12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Decided to roll once on my alt for the fest today. If I rolled a diamond on my alt, I would roll once on my main.

Rolled Phact #2.

-_-

Up to 150 stones on my main and down to 149 stones on my alt for super fest.

The wait continues!

On a related note, my daughter rolled her first Isis this morning. Pretty cool roll!

13. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    For arena challenge, are you taking that into three hands of fate, because I'm having trouble seeing that with how hardcore the stripe/clouds/etc get, and the boss hp some of the late floors with RagDra rather than a triple 7cc sub.

If it's one of the more regular arena levels, you might consider splitting Fio with a friend vraska rather than dual Fio friend, as the team hp is still solid, it's still wood/dark, and vraska brings a FUA plus FUA board active that frees up your sub to be a pure damage sub.

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nope, I was referring to the Arena Score Challenge that ends tomorrow night.

I'll check out Vraska as a split lead option. I'm extremely light IAP (less than $30 in 3.5 years of play), so I wasn't about to throw any stones at the MtG collab with super fest coming soon (probably).

15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    7/21-7/22 fest rolls

7/21

Alt

Phact (i.e. punishment roll)

7/22

Alt

Creuse (he's new, but I can't imagine when I'd use him)

Main (Hold on tight, this is where it gets good!)
    Blodin
    Eschamali #2
    Ra #2

SO HYPED about my first Blodin on my main. Already have him on my alt, so I might finally FINALLY have a less restrictive blue TPA lead when Mega Blodin arrives in NA. MY SCHEATS ARE READY.

Very pleased to roll a dupe Escha. Now I can keep my first Escha D/L guilt-free and still rock those dual 7c awakenings on my Okuni team. (Side note: ROkuni is SUPER fun to play.)

Also pleased to roll a dupe Ra. I've got 1 Famiel, 2 Lumiels, and 1 PA Lumiel, but it's cool to have another low CD laser that doesn't change the board.

REALLY pleased with these pulls.

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    KOF rolls 7/24

Main

Chin Gentsai

Alt
    King

/shrug

Free is free, yo.

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Screenshots from last night's OSC:

Main

[​IMG]

Alt

[​IMG]

And as a bonus, here's Gronia decimating Legato in co-op:

[​IMG]

In summary: <3 for Gronia.

EDIT: Just crunched the numbers on that Gronia and co. vs. Legato screenshot. Shazel did 514,759,104 damage by himself (accounting for elemental advantage).

Pew pew.

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Panera soon, please?

[​IMG]

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared July C9 on the first try!

Teams were:

Main: BHunter ! Shew (orb refresh) / Mel ! chocolate box / Tachibana / OdinDra / Kiri

Alt: BHunter ! Botan (+2c and void dark damage for 1 turn) / Revo Gabriel / Mel ! chocolate box / BCotton ! DKali / Blonia

RNG was uncharacteristically kind, adding 2-3 combos on the first turn on the boss floor and giving me 1-2 extra combos against Yomi. I nearly one-shot Helheim after turning him red thanks to Kiri!

Popped Botan assist on the final turn, which would have negated Helheim's 640K attack, but ended up finishing him off on the same turn thanks to the +2 combo portion of the active.

OdinDra was MVP after my entire alt team got bound and I realized I didn't bring a bind clear on my alt. Oops!

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With Legato and C9 clear (by the way, I cleared Legato on the first try with Gronia in co-op), all that's left for July quests is C10.

Going to check the Wood Row Farming Discord for a Kaede build, but if I can't cheese it, I'll throw a team together and suffer through it on Monday. And then probably get a cyberbeast or rider dupe from the reward egg machine for my trouble.

But first, back to farming Persona! Gotta get those blank cards before the event ends.