The Trials, Travails, and Triumphs of Tek, a sometimes average $79.60 total IAP PAD player

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Tek7, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    July C10 cleared!

[​IMG]

Teams were:

Main: Gronia ! Rathian equip / OdinDra / GCotton ! non-Awoken Ishida / RagDra ! Raijin / Gronia

Alt: Gronia ! Sasuke equip / Susano ! non-Awoken Indra / RagDra / OdinDra / Kaede ! Kaede

SO GLAD TO HAVE THIS MONTHLY QUEST SET DONE

I haven't rolled the reward REM, but I plan to before the end of the day.

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Bonus screenshot: Revo Okuni x Awoken Castor propaganda!

[​IMG]

3. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    July Quest Dungeon - Expert clear rewards

Main: Parvati #2

Alt: Shedar (light cyberdragon)

/shrug

Disappointing rolls, but C9, C10, and Legato weren't nearly as stressful as I anticipated.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Arranging likes this.
  4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ended up clearing Keela 3 times today.

Here were my teams for the first run:

Main: Gronia ! Rathian equip / OdinDra / GCotton ! non-Awoken Ishida / RagDra ! Raijin / Gronia

Alt: Gronia ! Sasuke equip / OdinDra / Susano ! non-Awoken Indra / RagDra / Kaede ! Nissa (4x ATK for wood for 1 turn)

I added the FMA pocket watch assist to my second Gronia on my main for the second and third clears.

First clear cost me one stone because I knocked Keela below 10% and, not surprisingly, failed to match 10 combos with 2 spinners on the board.

Second clear cost me (ugh) 3 stones for the same reasons, but I botched a solve and got a fresh board that didn't give me the right orbs to activate and I'd foolishly burned my actives. And because I was stubborn. I wish I could get those 3 stones back. Especially the day before super fest (if PAD KR news is any indication of plans for PAD NA).

Third clear? ZERO STONED IT, BABY. Got very close to repeating the same errors on my second clear, but managed to heal Keela up above the rage zone with an 8-combo Gronia board solve. After that, I chipped away at her health again, carefully knocked her back down to ~15% health, then managed a 7+ combo solve on a Gronia board for the kill.

AND NOW I NEVER WANT TO SEE THIS DUNGEON AGAIN IN MY LIFE

I already evolved Myr on my main.

Funny thing about my alt? I never build a Myr there. Guess I should suffer through it at some point.

/sigh

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the final turn against Keel on the third clear:

[​IMG]

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm ready for Panera!

[​IMG]

Now I just have to actually clear the dungeon. :|

8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Max-skilled and finished building Super Myr on my alt today. Here's a screenshot of my hastily assembled team in Endless:

[​IMG]

Wow, what a difference 2 years makes!

I was reading my own post about the first time I built a Myr in August 2016 and remembering how much time and effort @Kreisler spent carrying me through Myr's descend so I could max-skill her.

It was a dark time, before King Tans and trading and so many QoL (quality of life) improvements. I'm still grateful that @Kreisler was patient enough to keep farming Myr, even though I struggled to even hit 5 combos on F2!

Today's efforts were considerably easier. I was able to farm Myr semi-consistently with Kaede teams. The only risky floors were F2 (clearing the board was easy enough; remembering to match 5 or more combos when I got used to matching rows for medal farming recently was another matter) and the final solve. I'm still getting used to matching 3x3 boxes with Kaede teams.

The Super Myr assembly project was greatly aided by my having all the raw materials on hand. I just had to farm gem dragons to level the fodder. I've ransacked my evo materials, though, so I'll need to spend some time this weekend farming T-W-Th-F dungeons to rebuild my stash (and evolve whatever I pull from the super fest tonight and tomorrow).

Speaking of super fest, I'M SO HYPED. I'm planning on rolling ~20 times on each account, evaluate where I stand at that time, then decide whether to stop or keep rolling. I currently have 161 stones on my main and 172 stones on my alt, so I may take a break after I get down to around 50 stones on each account.

If I do end up FINALLY rolling a Fujin active, I'll likely take all the rainbowpys I had been hoarding for her and throw them at Hexazeon instead.

Kreisler likes this.
  9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    SUPER FEST HAS BEGUN

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    7/31 super fest free rolls

Main

Pollux

Alt
    RGY #3

Hyped to finally pull Pollux, but another RGY on my alt? Ehhhh...

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    OH MY WORD I PULLED FUJIN ON MY MAIN

[​IMG]

Kreisler and bookwyrm like this.
  12. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Going to keep the list short since I need to go to bed. I plan to do a proper write-up tomorrow.

Main
    Pollux (free)
    Durga
    AD Luci
    Solais #2
    Ma Chao #2
    Arondight
    LMeta #5
    NY Kami
    Astaroth
    Gronia #3
    Blodin #2
    Venus
    Kami
    RGY
    Caladbolg #2
    Ma Chao #3
    Spica #4
    Ganesha
    Vishnu #2
    Fujin
    Hino #3
    LMeta #6
    Diaochan #2
    Sylvie
    Durga #2
    Arianrhod
    Yog
    Lakshmi #3
    Gilgamesh

Alt
    RGY #3 (free)
    Vishnu
    Ea
    LZL #2
    Horus #2
    Sumire #2
    AD Luci #3
    Allatu
    LZL #3
    DKali #2
    Allatu #2
    Cotton #2
    Ronia
    Baldin
    LMeta #5
    Allatu #3
    Venus
    LKali #4
    Spica
    Lakshmi #4
    Ea #2
    Belial
    Gremory #3
    Aife
    Raphael
    Krishna #2
    Ea #3
    Fenrir Viz
    Spica #2
    Amon

I bought the bargain set on each account, so that increases my IAP total by $9.98. I plan to update the thread title on the morning. (I think I updated it when I bought the $0.99 Persona collab bundle?)

Got Horus #3 on my alt and Amaterasu on my main from the bargain sets.

Kreisler likes this.
  13. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Still planning to do a longer write-up, but work was busy today and I doubt I'll have time tonight. :|

Maybe tomorrow?

14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    7/31-8/1 super fest rolls

Main (31 total, 17 6* or higher base rarity, 8 6* GFEs or seasonal)

Pollux (free)
    Durga
    AD Luci
    Solais #2
    Ma Chao #2
    Arondight
    LMeta #5
    NY Kami
    Astaroth
    Gronia #3
    Blodin #2
    Venus
    Kami
    RGY
    Caladbolg #2
    Ma Chao #3
    Spica #4
    Ganesha
    Vishnu #2
    Fujin
    Hino #3
    LMeta #6
    Diaochan #2
    Sylvie
    Durga #2
    Arianrhod
    Yog
    Lakshmi #3
    Gilgamesh
    Kundali
    Fenrir Viz #2

Alt
    (33 total, 16 6* or higher base rarity, 5 6* GFEs)

RGY #3 (free)
    Vishnu
    Ea
    LZL #2
    Horus #2
    Sumire #2
    AD Luci #3
    Allatu
    LZL #3
    DKali #2
    Allatu #2
    Cotton #2
    Ronia
    Baldin
    LMeta #5
    Allatu #3
    Venus
    LKali #4
    Spica
    Lakshmi #4
    Ea #2
    Belial
    Gremory #3
    Aife
    Raphael
    Krishna #2
    Ea #3
    Fenrir Viz
    Spica #2
    Amon
    Spica #3
    Antares
    Xiahou Dun

I marked the names of all 6* (or higher) base monsters in bold.

EDIT: I don't know why the thumbnail for Kami is larger than the other thumbnails.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  15. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    7/31-8/1 super fest rolls commentary

So the most exciting roll of the 64 listed in my previous post is MY VERY FIRST FUJIN IN NEARLY 3,000 DAYS ACROSS 2 ACCOUNTS. Already got her evolved, max-skilled, and fully awoken. I can always level and choose an ult later, if/when the need should arise. I'm assuming she'll spend nearly all her time as an assist, anyway.

Yog is another highlight. Already have him evolved, max-skilled, and fully awoken. I need to choose an ult and I'm leaning toward the lead form.

Other highlights include NY Kami, Astaroth, Venus, Kami, Ganesha, Sylvie, Arianrhod, and Gilgamesh on my main and Ea (the first one, at least), DKali #2, Cotton #2, Baldin, Venus, Aife, Raphael, Viz, and Amon on my alt.

NY Kami is a ton of fun to play, though I'm concerned I won't have many (or, soon, anyway) friends on my list running her. And since GungHo seems more interested in flooding the game with 7* GFEs and collab chase cards than fixing the friend leader system, that could lead to NY Kami collecting dust.

I didn't really even have a reason to want Astaroth. I just did.

It looks like Venus is a top-tier base for Super Myr teams.

SO HYPED TO FINALLY PULL GANESHA. Can you believe this is my first on either acocunt?

Sylvie's sub form looks fantastic, but I have no idea where I'd use her. If only her active spawned green/dark/heart instead of green/light/heart, she could be a rockin' Gronia sub.

Arianrhod could be really cool for dual Revo Hades leads shenanigans (and I do have Revo Hades on both my accounts!).

Gilgamesh was exciting, but not nearly as exciting as it would have been had I not just pulled Fujin a short while prior.

Looks like Ea is Yuna 2.0 in terms of leader skill. Looks super fun to play, though I fear I've gotten spoiled by the RCV multipler on Rikuu's LS. Would rather have had more 6* GFEs than TWO more Ea, but meh. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit, right?

Pulling Raph on my alt should make Kaede and other farming team building a lot easier. Planning on going with the UUevo for the first one and Revo if I should ever pull another.

Pulling Amon on my alt means that I can run Revo Amon (after I evolve him, of course) in co-op with my main account. Pew pew!

My poor daughter wanted a Gronia of her own so desperately, but didn't pull one. I felt so bad for her, especially after she got upset when she discovered that I'd rolled a third Gronia. She quickly calmed herself down, but I can sympathize with her frustration.

And wow, how did I pull 19 dupes out of 33 rolls on my alt? Granted, the dupe Cotton was undoubtedly the most exciting roll on my alt. But I could do without the 2 dupes of Ea and 2 more LMeta dupes (bringing the totals to 5 LMetas on my alt and 6 on my main).

Back on the topic of the dupe Cotton on my alt, I'm so glad I get to keep my first (purchased with MP) Cotton blue and evolve my first dupe Cotton to green. Now I just have to assemble her. X|

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with the rolls on my main and lukewarm on my rolls on my alt. Pulling that second Cotton is

16. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just struggled through Panera Mythical using Gronia teams that have trivialized Annihilation content. Cleared it on the second attempt. (Got as far as knocking Panera down to roughly 25% on the first attempt.)

What horrors await in Legend Plus and Annihilation?

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oops, I ended my post mid-sentence. Guess that's what happens when I stay up past midnight when I should be sleeping.

To finish my sentence: Pulling that second Cotton is the highlight for my alt account, but given how often I've been running Gronia teams in co-op lately, it's a pretty great highlight. Pulling a second DKali will free up my first to be an actual sub and still give me an assist for my BCotton for my Rikuu team.

And hey, I have Fenrir Viz on both accounts now! Might have to cobble together D/x Fenrir x Viz teams for co-op with my main and alt.

18. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So now that I have Ganesha, I want to build a coin farming team.

My current team is Ganesha / Wangren / No.6 / Uriel / MGoemon

I figure I'll swap leads on turn 1, pass, clear floors with red and blue matches, then pop and swipe MGoe on the boss floor.

But first I need to find someone to run a Ganesha x Wangren team with in co-op.

Anyone interested? :)

I realized I can also run Ganesha x Verse teams in co-op with my alt (since my alt doesn't have a Ganesha yet).

19. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Already scoping out farm builds for Gem Temple.

I know farming builds featuring Kaede lead and multiple MGoe subs can do amazing things, but I don't want to hassle with building multiple MGoes.

</whine>

20. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, so Kami and NY Kami are ridiculous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm tempted to throw 297 +eggs on one of my Leilans for a chance at a 7c SA then swapping Leilan #2 for L/x Ilm.