This C10 has to be the most annoying combo of mechanics I've seen

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by xer 21, Feb 11, 2018.

1. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    seriously. two resolves, locked skyfalls on shit colors, an awakening bind, a skill delay, orochi the shithead with his asshole skill sets and time debuff, numerous gravities and rage hits, and then M Goemon making all sorts of bombs, tanky ass HP, his own third resolve and his asshole water absorb?

at least for my box, which has so many teams have at least one blue card, man this was murderous. BLue hunter, Ameno, Anubis, all lost crucial subs.

I am ashamed to admit it took me like 25 tries to no stone this coop. What a dick ass dungeon. tried like 5 different lead pairings. all my teams had blue in them or my friend didnt have a compatible lead. Goddamit why is Yuna and L/B Paimon in like ALL of my teams?

Kudos to GH for making a C10 that wasnt just a matter of "bring more board changes to do massive damage" though. I had to cover so many specific skills and it made team building interesting. Have to say, already glad i bought Odindra, Napoleon's shield did well, and anubis/D ideal worked better than i imagined it would in the absence of a tardis.

locked skyfall is still just gross though.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    PlatScratch likes this.
  2. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's why I cheesed the dungeon with Kiri. Cheese strategies can be tedious, but in this case it was preferable to the alternative.

3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Who is a blue Anubis sub?
    Genuinely curious about that.
    I can think of happenstance decent stuff, but that's the one I'd have probably swapped tweaked.

Congrats in the clear in any case.

I just Kiri cheesed it run1, though I thought about giving it a fair fight try. I'll have to fair fight it with my alt, but usually do them end of month so alt has maximum time for whatever shallow box utility card needs evolving to be ready.

Orochi is kind of a straight up gravity check this time, and late floors basically ask for antilock active(s). Pad design lately...

4. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Both Tardis and Yuna are mainstays on it. Tardis especially. those sub attributes mixed with the skyfall ruined more than a couple goemon kill shots.

5. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Next month's C10 has Seraphis -> Jorm -> Folklore -> Uvo Liza -> Hamal -> Lifive -> Math :rolleyes:

6. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Guess who doesnt have a Kiri!

I feel like i can team build around that easier. the Hamal > Lifive > Math sounds legit awful though for sure.

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the first C10 I can't cheese with Kiri is the first C10 I skip.

I might even skip the next C9, too.

These challenges just keep getting more and more obnoxious. We are getting new content that is legitimately fun and challenging, but C9 and C10 are usually just horrid.

8. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just plan on spending a stone or 2 anymore, particularly if running solo. Like in c10 this time, I spent a stone on Linthia clearing all the bad skyfall effects and and her awoken bind; suddenly the rest of the dungeon isn't so bad after that.

xer 21 likes this.
  9. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    that's fair. the skyfall effects are what make this worse

10. ryerye

ryerye Member

This dungeon is so f-up. Omg. I got so tired of trying solo so just threw three stones at it so I can call it done with Feb.

11. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I dunno, for me we just brought Hathor for Orochi and then an attribute void and spike for Goemon, using a blue team. Just took one try :|

12. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's so many of these challenge dungeons that are made to look nearly impossible and then I look at the rewards and I just say fuck it. Kudos for people who do it, even more so for people who solo it but I just do not see the reward as a reason to do it. I guess it's called a "challenge" dungeon for a reason but even still, at least the reward could be on-par.

kaylathehedgehog likes this.
  13. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think for most vets the challenges are just new things to do. I mean, if every dungeon in the game were easily beatable then it wouldn't be very fun (or challenging). As a long time player literally the only challenging dungeon in the game right now is Alt Arena, so when C10s come along with new spawns and new mechanics it's fun to play.

sgt502, Arranging and BurningMan like this.
  14. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This, for sure.

I still havent done the C7-10 this round yet, so much other stuff to farm this month.

I actually just did about half of the descendeds and C1-C6 last night and this morning.

I still havent looked at any vids of C10, I am looking forward to teambuilding to beat it.

15. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I suppose that is true, I guess I'm just not there yet even though I've probably been playing longer than most people LOL. Probably for the lack of trying too though.

16. chiubag

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C10 isn't hard if you and your partner can bring between the two of you: gravity for Orochi, FUA, Awoken bind clear, Attribute absorb void, spike, and an unlock if you can't use locked blues and reds to your advantage. So... yes, quite a bit of utility. You can also stall out MGoe's absorb as usual if you don't have a void + spike.

17. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Also you can opt to not gravity Orochi, bring a pixel and someone with time extend for orb movement active and one shot him.

18. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks, I took a look at it in PADguide and was thinking of dual anubis in coop with double diaochan on each side. One side bring Odin Dragon, other side bring grav. I just wont bring any blue cards at all so I can oneshot MGoe no problem.

Was also looking at C9, am I right that Noah is delayable? A full orochi delay should let you stall out her shield and then oneshot her, right?

19. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She can be delayed.

20. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes. Pop vanilla Orochi or Hydra when her CD goes to 1. She will puts up status shield if she ever gets a turn. Just like Noah on C10 of last challenge.