This is as good as any place to post my notes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Aquablast, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Aquablast

Aquablast Dedicated Dragon User

User ID:
    Since PADX hasn't been adding the new dungeons, I think I have no choice but to start taking notes myself. And if I'm taking notes... why not share it? It might help somebody. So that's what I plan to do-- posting my notes on dungeons here.

But I should warn you-- I'm not a good player. I ranked, like, 96% in one of those Fixed Team Tournaments. I'm also not too knowledgeable in the meta and stuff, as in, many posts I read sound like gibberish to me sometimes. I don't expect to be of huge help to any experienced players, but I might be able to help players who are less experienced than me... and if nothing else, I can help myself by looking at my own notes.

I should also mention that I'm a dedicated dragon user: I refuse to use anything that isn't an actual dragon. I'm playing this game because I like dragons, and anime girls with dragon wings/tail/horn with a dragon attribute slapped on don't count. This ties to my lack of knowledge in metas... if it's not a dragon, I'm just not too interested.

That said, I do have some exceptions:
    1. Dragon/reptilian-looking monsters without a dragon attribute counts as a dragon to me. I'm less about attribute, more about looks.
    2. I'll use non-dragon helpers.
    3. I'll use a non-dragon if there is really no way for me to get past something... Like I had to bring Lugh to get past that Damage Absorption on floor 5 in Legendary Snowy Valley.
    4. I'll use non-human monsters, though I probably wouldn't prefer to use them, unless I get a really good one someday. (But right now, I'm saving up stones in hopes that the Monster Hunter Collab will come again.)

---

Now that I'm done lowering expectations... I should clarify that I can actually clear most Mythical stages just fine, though I have trouble doing most Legend+ stages, and would usually barely make it if I actually succeed.

My main strategy is to use Manic-Guard Seething Dragon Caller, Alpha as leader+helper, and nuke everything with those stacked [L] Increased Damage awoken skills.

My secondary strategy is to lead with Mega Awoken Dragon Emperor, Sherias Roots, but that frankly seems like a lot of work and not much more effective than Alpha. It would allow me to work with most any helpers though, instead of forcing me to pick another Alpha as a helper.

I think my biggest problem right now is I don't have any constant damage reduction. It seemed to me that some of the tougher dungeons expect you to survive attacks via damage reduction.

---

I've probably said too much about myself... probably more than anyone would ever care... but hey, this is an introduction thread, isn't it? Anyway, see you guys around... Or maybe not. I think I may have started playing this game too late.

Tek7 and JG77 like this.
  2. Marlboro

Marlboro Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    super cool! i know ShivaDragon is well out of the meta but can farm a lot of mythicals easily and tackle some harder content -- i still use it (with four hino kagutsuchi who is also a dragon) to farm pys from arena 1 and i still have a few friends who have him up so he's out there.

do you use assists? i think that could be a pretty nifty way to deal with your missing skills.... so the main monster is a dragon but it can have a human rider as an assist which seems pretty rad and feels like it fits the theme

cross your fingers that you can roll a yog-sothoth, it has a built in a shield when matching two sets of light orbs and does ludicrous damage.

3. Aquablast

User ID:
    I do want to get Shiva Dragon eventually. May take a while though. Shivadragon and four Hino Kagutsuchi is enough to clear Arena 1? That's nice to know. Too bad I don't have any Hino Kagutsuchi either.

I do use assist, but I stick to weapons, for their assist awoken skills. Human riding dragons? That makes sense. I guess I could assign an assist just for the skill (and stats boost), but I fear skill 2 will take too long to charge up, and I'd have to stall or something. I also avoid giving Odin Dragon an assist. I need his skill to unbind (or emergency healing), but sometimes things take so long that skill 2 end up overwriting his skill 1. Maybe I need to look for an assist with a high cooldown skill?

I definitely would like Yog-Sothoth, but ughh... I seriously doubt that I'll pull him without going broke. Meanwhile, I think I'll just save my stones for the next Monster Hunter collab.

4. Marlboro

Marlboro Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh yeah but you gotta factor in those skill boosts. Generally all my cards have an assist on them, and often the assist is what's up on turn 1. For the most part it is the skill that people are adding the assist for, not the stat boost (although the extra awakenings from equip assists is potentially even more important)

I've moved onto arena 3 just now, but my speedy A1 team was Shivdragon(Fujin)//Hino(Ronia weapon)/Hino(Ronia weapon)/Hino(Ronia weapon)/Hino(Urd)//Shivadragon(Facet)

3 reds clear most trash, red TPA clears just about anything else. Hino has a short CD blue->red so I save blues and use him liberally. Urd there for heartmaker. Use 3 reds or 1 black tpa to whittle down resolve enemies. Fujin for Parvati, can do Sophet with 3 reds. Ronia+facet for the Kali kill. Has enough hp to tank DQ Hera and can heal back to full with 3 hearts! I know you don't have Hino, but looks like lots of good red dragon looking things with god typing (shiva's drag LS needs god typing) so i'm sure you can put something together there. (http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster...1,6&t3=1,6&ue=0&mp=0&s1=1&s2=1&o1=1&o2=2&o3=2)

Also, if you have green odin, his weapon form is the perfect equip/assist for OdinDra. Pretty much same AS but adds autoheal

5. Aquablast

User ID:
    I guess it doesn't help that I don't really stack that many Skill Boost awoken skills.

I don't have green odin. I didn't know red sonia has an assist evolution, though I don't have red sonia either.

I don't think I have Urd, but if it is just the skill I want, the red mask thingy seems to have the same skill. I don't have Fujin, but I have Lugh and one other monster with void damage absorb skill, maybe that is good enough. I don't think I have Facet either, but Yellow Gadget seems to have the same skill. As for red sonia's skill... err, I guess a red sonia tamadra could fill that in? Though the weapon is obviously the better assist.

I didn't think Shiva Dragon's Leader Skill is that impressive, but maybe I'm just overlooking something. (Like the fact that I don't use Two-Pronged Attack much-- not that I think it is not good, I just don't usually use/have monsters with that skill.)