Thoughts on Strategies for the Cosmic Trinity dungeon?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Jsttu, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The lovecraft dungeon looks quite intimidating if not impossible for me, so i figured a thread on good teams or mechanics to bring along could be helpful for myself and others. It looks like the largest non-rage hit from the bosses is 60,198 damage, so you'll want more hp or a way to deal with that. additionally blind clear and bind clear are also going to be useful depending on which boss appears. What else?

2. Bira573

Bira573 Well-Known Member

From what I could understand in the different runs I tried (only one success - at the moment), it's vital to have two tank teams capable of inflicting considerable damage (RKush and DMeta seem to go for the bigger) and a cannon (Anubis is the undisputed king).
    Obviously there are a couple of decisive elements that don't depend on you and are (1) spawns and (2) your partners' skill.
    Last but not least, the inherit (or subs themselves): getting to the final boss isn't that difficult (considering the variants mentioned earlier) but each of them has boring and very dangerous mechanics for most teams... better be prepared and have a solution for each of them.

3. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As @Bira573 already mentioned, at least one of you is going to have to be a heavy damage dealer like Anubis or a stacked Kushi team.
    The others of you should bring:
    -A tanky lead that either deals a lot of damage while being able to get past combo shields (Kushi, Dmeta, RaDra) or doesn't hold people back (so no leads that deal a lot of damage, but have issues comboing unless you're absolutely confident you can get past combo shields and things)
    -Shields for dayz or gravities
    -Other forms of support if your box lacks those two ^ Examples: Board changes for your anubis friend (pass), Multi-turn time extends (Hades is bae), Heart makes for your dying buddy

Short version:
    At least 1 heavy hitter that can get past combo shields, and the others provide support while not dying (or they also heavy hit). At least 1 support is highly recommended, since 3 Anubis is probably going to have a horrible time on bad spawns or if you all don't kill the boss instantly.

4. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    It sucks that the 7x6 is so hard to match (having 3p join with 7x6, at least it pubs). I played Anubis x Ilmina a lot and now will play Anubis x Diablos forever, but you can't realistically use these match ups in 3P. I do understand that sharing the same board is the problem, but still. Wish there was something like "Room search [7x6]".

5. Hephaestus

Hephaestus He who doesn't into moonrunes

User ID:
    (JP) 323,442,196
    PADherder:
    link
    In JP people use to append "7x6" to their nickname if the 7x6 leader isn't theirs, it works decently well.

axlpowa likes this.