Tifa/DKarin team building advice

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Sunsphere, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I'm looking to upgrade my team (I have both Karin and tifa, so I can pair with whichever friend has the assist I want) as I'd pulled Goury recently and he seems really powerful. But when I dig into it, I'm not sure whom to drop. My team for a5 is:

Viz, cloud SA. Was going to drop viz first, but the cloud resist and jammer override are perfect. I've inherited apocalypse, which solves so many of the late game spawns with resolve and vdp etc.

NY yomi, tape resist. Tape isn't required but it sure is nice, plus the fingers and 7cs makes it hard to drop. Usually inherit yog for late spawns as well, but in a pinch the small awoken bind clear is great.

Yuna, vdp awakening. Again, great card, tons of fingers, 7cs, shield active and usually inherit aerith's crystal. Not sure I can drop.

Cotton, my fua, vdp super awakening. Light Cecil crystal inherit.

In short, Goury is a great card, but where do I put him? Not needing poison resists means I can inherit the cloud resist or tape resist (at this point I really only need blind resist), but it just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade since I can already cover everything as is.

Maybe better for AA3? Can I dump viz there or do I need the jammer overwrite? Obviously with the devil killer and vdp he's good for that dungeon.

Or maybe drop Karin and pair with haohmaru so I can drop cotton?

I dunno, he just seems like a great card but I can't figure it out.

2. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    Do you really need both Yuna and Yomi? Considering you already have shield actives in the leaders i would suggest to drop Yuna.

3. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

Yeah maybe but when you are old like me, those fingers look so great...