Tifa x Yusuke farms AA2 like it's nothing

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Trap, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just wanted to share this team. Figured I'd use the awesome English PDC-esque tool made by @Mapaler to do it.

Screenshot (10).png

I've been using this setup and my own Tifa to farm AA2 easily and without having to worry about finding the right friend with the right equip. Yusuke should have VDP SA and Tifa has 2x Devil Killer and 2x SDR latents, just forgot to add them. Honestly, nothing is that scary in the dungeon except maybe Keela, and even she is stallable with huge shield uptime from Tifa + Yuna and hearts from Cotton.

2. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I’ll have to give this pairing a shot.

How do you even stall on Keela, though? Doesn’t she just endlessly refresh the spinners?

3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, but Yusuke active is a free VDP, you just have to time your movement right so that the spinners don't disrupt it. On a 7x6 board, her spinners aren't particularly difficult to navigate around, and if anything they make sure you don't run out of hearts while stalling on her. It's tedious to stall out the 5 turns on the puppeteers and then 10 on Keela, but it's not particularly dangerous.

4. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Ah, right. Stalling the light absorb.

See, I usually make it that far, flail around with actives until I finally kill her or die, or I then die to the Norns because the spinners still thoroughly screw up my ability to play the game.

This has all been on combo oriented teams like Zela Kitty, though. Maybe I’ll have better luck with this setup.

Trap likes this.
  5. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    It really is nice to have so much real estate on the board. Combo shields are nothing, you almost always can activate naturally, and hazards like spinners barely matter.

I think the only really scary spawn is Sandalmelik, because if your Fujin isn't up it's pure RNG. Otherwise, it's pretty hard to die with this team. I had a pretty terrible nightmare run where I got awful spawns and botched my VDP on Rushana and whatnot, and still pulled through with a little creativity.

6. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I can make this team except no Bride Zela. Any thoughts on replacements? Yog maybe?

7. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    On a side note, what website were you using to make and display this team ?

8. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oops, can't believe I forgot to link it! It's a fantastic tool for showing teams like this. https://mapaler.github.io/PADDashFormation/solo.html

Hmm, that's a tough one. Zela's key role is damage output, with 3x7c + VDP + SFUA + God killer latents. Yog doesn't have enough personal damage, but he would be a good assist over whatever you do run in that slot. Maybe another LCotton with that Yog assist? You're essentially losing a 7c, but it might not be too big a deal. I would probably throw God killers on Yusuke too in that case.

Another option is Valkyrie-CIEL, whose 2x7c + killers would be plenty of damage output. You do lose the VDP, so she doesn't help against the Dragon Callers or Numens, but that's probably alright? Yusuke has pretty huge VDP output anyway, and Cotton and Tifa are already helping out anyway. And do put that Yog as an assist on her, because that board is invaluable for VDP + FUA, or burst with FUA in general.

YamaKyu likes this.
  9. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

Oh I thought Zela was for board change. Will HCotton work? No VDP but 3x7c and can take any killers I want.

10. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, with unbindable SA that should be fine. No VDP is a little iffy but probably alright, and you still get the 3x7c damage output alongside a solid board change. Zela just fills so many roles at once that it's hard to find a good replacement, but HCotton looks like she should do the job.

11. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    other option is taking a Hao/Shelling Ford Active.

12. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My problem with that is that both are very long CD and are useless until the floor you need to VDP. You've essentially got a dead active slot that you can't pop all dungeon just for assurance on one of the bosses. I imagine Yusuke + LCotton + Tifa have enough VDP damage on their own, and if you're worried about it I think a Carat equip is a better option than Hao/Ford anyway.

EDIT: One other consideration: you need a third fire res+ latent to survive Goe preempt with HCotton's slightly lower HP compared to BZela. Not a huge deal, just be aware.

13. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

Thanks. I was going to trade Tifa (and some other stuff) for Lightning but I think I may keep her now.

Trap likes this.
  14. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Same thing as having BZela. You have to use her earlier (most likely dump it in F13 regardless who shows up) so you can use her later on or risking the assist came up instead. With 7x6 you don't need skill until F22-24. Maybe on star justice or Apollo for heal orbs but you can stall a turn or two on star justice while Apollo is kinda annoying but not too dangerous given Tifa gives huge RCV boost.

15. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    But at least BZela provides some utility even when you have to dump her active early. With Hao/Ford, you can't use any active from that team slot for the entire dungeon, and even then you might still have to stall depending on your team's SBs. Plus, you're VDPing for burst damage anyway, so you may as well just run a gemstone for a shorter CD and two turns of effective burst, rather than one.

16. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Same as BZela, right? You want to use her on the last two-three floor, that's why you have to dump her skill earlier, so you can use it later. One advantage of running two BZela compared to two Hao/Shelling Ford is that you can use BZela on Rushana while the other option had to use Yusuke for VDP if there aren't enough light orbs.

Tifa/Yusuke will stall five turns on the puppeteers.

17. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I have been playing around with the Tifa/Yusuke and Tifa/DKarin pairings and they are both absurdly good. I have been farming A5 and barely breaking a sweat. AA2 has been more interesting the few times I tried it, but even then I was never seriously threatened. And I don’t even have BZela. (I normally play in coop with my wife and we both have strong accounts. But neither of us have BZela, so clearly she is not essential.) I’m confused that some of the JP tier lists don’t even have Tifa listed, because personally I think these Tifa teams are far stronger than my ZKitty team (with multiple Zela subs).

18. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gamewith and Altema has her in second tier (SS) leader list. Perhaps it's because of her 1.5x HP compared to the present trend of 2x HP.

19. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tifa paired with Yusuke gives 3x HP, which is more than adequate for essentially all current content. She also has a 12x ATK multiplier on a 7x6 board, which is completely nuts. That's the same ATK multiplier as ZKitty for crying out loud. Granted Tifa teams can't easily abuse VDP and sFUA for massive spike damage the way ZKitty can, but that is offset by the 7x6 board and the completely crazy RCV. To me, she's at least as good as ZKitty, so I find it interesting that some of the JP tier sites don't have her ranked at all.