To Ace or Not to Ace...

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by mtb911, Sep 21, 2016.

1. mtb911

mtb911 Semi Retired Recovering Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So with the latest update we will have access to the Ace Evolutions for Horus, Bastet, and LL Zeus.

LL Zeus...Everything farmable...no brainer

Ace Bastet. This is a much needed improvement. She can now hang with other high multiplier leads. Made it easier to start her skill but harder to get the 1.5x boost. Active skill ads a nice defence break. I'm going this version.

Horus...ah, Horus. My first leader, my first hypermax...I had 2 at one point. If I would have kept both this would be a non issue. But Once awoken came out I sold my second one...Awoken has better Awakenings to be used as a sub. The 2 SB and 2 SBR, low cooldown enhance make him a great one for inheritance. Ace makes him a completely different card. Like a fire-based L.Kali with an enhance.

What are other Horus users thinking?

2. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    That is a tough one, fortunately I can have all 3 of my chickens since I have a dupe. o_O

ACE Horus gets x36 damage and a double pairing means more fingers and TPAs off the bat. It also means you have two built in board changers in the leaders which frees up your sub slots. But of course you now have the restriction of god/attacker types. Which for some could prove troublesome. Sub wise ACE can also be a new on-color kali active for red teams. So that's nice.

However for overall usability (both as a leader and sub), then I think Awoken Horus still takes the cake. He has a lower cooldown on his active for inheriting, and more versatility in his awakenings. Also if I'm not mistaken he now does like x56 damage when an active is used, or x25 with just color matching. Furthermore you can still pair him with ACE Horus if you like since he himself is God/Devil.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    mtb911 likes this.
  3. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I have an Awoken Horus and a regular Horus. However if I wanted to lead with Horus and only had 1, I'd go with Awoken. They both have a recovery multiplier, but at least 56.25x attack with 5 colors and using a skill isn't bad, but its still a lot of effort. An instance where you'd go with Ace is if you want to put him as a sub on a Sephiroth team. He'd be an L.Kali board changer and cover 2 colors on a rainbow type team and he's an attacker, a type that Sephiroth boosts. As a leader, I don't know why anyone would go with Ace Horus. 36x on its own currently isn't that hot, but needing 5 colors to get that really isn't worth it in my opinion. So unless you desperately need the board change + red/light coverage from Ace Horus, I'd just stick with Awoken Horus.

4. ChronoM

ChronoM 「天地創造」

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ace Horus is a better sub, Awoken Horus is a better leader.
    And I think they should have done the same with Bastet, but instead Ace Bastet is flat out better than good ol' Awoken Bestcat. Both as a sub and as a lead (still not a supreme sub, but at least somewhat useful)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    mtb911 likes this.
  5. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ambivalence, mostly. Outside of my plus egg allocations, if I want a rainbow lead who is relatively immune to orb troll and with an RCV boost that I also have Durga who imo is superior to both Awoken and Ace Horus.

Regarding sub potential, I still think Awoken Horus is superior in many ways because I thoroughly loathe time debuffs and orb enhance is also a wonderful damage boost, not to mention the nice 4 turn CD. A red-centric lkali active is something different entirely, and still welcome in about the same nichiness as Awoken. For the latter I have a max skilled gainaut anyways, who is about the same thing, but also featuring both hearts (healing!) and jammers (boooo). For the former, there is literally no substitute unless I inherit Awoken Yomi.

Maybe if I feel like making a Tsubaki team I'll convert.

6. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

If you lack lkali or have sephiroth go ace

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Got 3x Horus. One is Awoken, one is R/L and waiting for PAD X Collab, and one is collecting dust.

I'm good to go.

EDIT: I agree with @ChronoM that Awoken Horus is a better lead and Ace Horus is a better sub. I don't plan on leading with Ace Horus. I plan on using him for those sweet, sweet double TPAs and 1974 base ATK at max level. If I ever dust off my A.Horus, I'll use Ace Horus as a sub for that amazing active (assuming I'm willing to spend 4 flampys).