TPA vs 7c

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Cheeseghost, May 17, 2018.

1. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I know 7c is the bees knees but I miss tpa just a tad and have been playing around with it...how many tpa equate to a 7c? Like my Xmas liu bei has 5 with inherit...on enra team with one tpa and no other combos he hits right under 2mill and he's only at 101. That's only with a 36x leader skill..and when I matched a bunch of tpa and 7c he was only 2million under enra...but my friends enra at 110 hit 30 million higher...but just curious...Also kuvia with inherit would hit 6tpa if I awaken it..

2. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    TPAs are 1.5x dmg per awakening for the card while 7cs are 2x dmg per awakening for the card, so you need 2 for 1.

However, you should take in consideration the number of combos natural multiplication, and the fact that each prong costs 1 more orb than 7c making boards a little more confusing to solve IMO.

3. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    5 TPAs is a boost of about 7.6x in a given TPA combo. I'm pretty sure triple 7c is an 8x boost. So him doing slightly less than Enra is what you'd expect (even accounting for the baseline difference to their ATK, which Liu Bei has more of)

Other downfalls of TPA is that there is no boost when it's a non-4 orb combo whereas you can make an oncolor 5-orb combo (e.g.) and a bunch of other combos and still get your 8x.

Cheeseghost and BurningMan like this.
  4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you like tpa try the new kaede. TPA actually helps activating and she is plenty powerful.

5. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    I think in this day and age there's so many short cd skills that can get you one more orb or enough to get through 2 floors, I feel like I hardly get orb trolled and if I do just pop a low cd skill like rathalos or even no. 6 and I have orbs to spare and then just burst on boss...I've been running enra sweeping floors with 4 fire and then comboing on bosses or floors that need them. Also mindless 4 matching is a joke. I mean besides some of the newer challenges I feel like tpa can clear a lot of content easily without too much thought..on a side note is anybody excited for Gilgamesh? Red fujin, and his active is cool, red row plus combo, I love him in fate stay so pretty excited even if they don't look the same

6. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Go play some cross leads you cowards :p

User ID:
    349-296-255
    It pains me to see that 7c can dish out more with less effort and awakeings than TPA so I often think "TPA should do x2 as well", but that would be awful balance wise because then monsters with 5 TPA would have x32 to their base ATK with *each TPA* (x64 if you slap a Weld or another TPA equip weapon). And that is absolutely not fine either. Bride Scheat would become a being of pure destruction, being both a FUA sub and a source of supernova-tier damage.

I'm glad GH is still making somewhat relevant TPA monsters and evos. The new Kaede looks very popular, and wood has a lot of nice TPA options to play with (remember the Green Zhuge era)

Cheeseghost likes this.
  7. Cheeseghost

Cheeseghost Lazyyyyy

User ID:
    Fujin 7c with tpa is pretty nasty add in a tpa inherit not skilled like diablos if you're lucky enough to have 2 and she is pretty crazy

8. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is why I have TPA on my Enra! Best of everything and it gives Enra a much needed damage boost *sarcasm

9. AktionMan

AktionMan Mocker of numbers in usernames

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The thing about TPA is that it's fast--you don't need to combo. You can blast through easier floors with a 4 orb match as long as you're activating your LS. This also means you can conserve orbs, so it's very rare that you'll be in a situation with ONLY 3 on-color orbs and be unable to activate even a single TPA.

There was a recent thread (that I can't seem to find) that did some math comparing TPAs to 7c and found that TPA could be just as good if you had 4-5 of them, and 6 could be definitively better in many situations. Of course it takes way more of your awakening slots.

Still, the fun factor is there. Doing a bunch of 3 orb matches can get a little boring, and TPAs are more interesting and fun. And a little nostalgic.

mtb911 likes this.