Trying to get back into the game

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Balduron04, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Balduron04

Balduron04 Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Free to play player, never quite got to end-game. Spent this morning re-doing my monster box, have the list of everything 5*+ here: https://www.padherder.com/user/Bald...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Part 1:
    Some of my guys have new evolution, but I don't know which ones are best. I'd appreciate the advice on the following:
    Fierce Warrior, Sanada Yukimura ( 2265 )
    Bursting Great Earl of Hell, Ronove ( 2995 )
    Dawn Sky Sun Dragon Caller, Kanna ( 2148 )
    Destroying Wing Dragon Emperor, Sherias Roots ( 2943 )
    Lightning Archdemon Baal ( 637 )
    Crowned Sacred King of Hell, Paimon ( 2997 )
    Ominous Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki ( 2150 )
    Hell Eye's Evil Duchess, Gremory ( 2999 )
    Flame Deity, Falcon Horus ( 491 )
    Water Domination Gabriel ( 623 )
    Discipline Committee Chair, Athena ( 2015 )
    Musical Winged Mechanical Star God, Pollux ( 2422 )

Part 2:
    My go to team right now is A.Shiva.

I've got leaders for other good teams, but I don't know if I have the subs for them. I need a project for the next 2 months, so which team should I make? I know my subs are a mess, so I appreciate the time anyone takes to help with this.

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
    Many evolution choices are best based on your intentions and skill level. (e.g. can you yolo 7c a cross team or do you enjoy rainbow/combos/5oe/whatever.)

Also consider what your BFs run. Nothing like getting hyped for a team you don't have friends for.

3. Balduron04

Balduron04 Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I can consistently get maximum value from a.shiva. with changers, 8 combos with tripple tpa is pretty normal.

I can consistently get 6 combos without skyfall using a.kush. I am lacking 2 finger awakenings, so I think with a bit more practice, I can hit 7 on the regular.

3x green combos plus heart crosses is pretty tough. I have a kaede team leader, and I struggle with enough hearts and greens to keep her going all the time. I feel 2x rows plus heart crosses is easier provided enough orbs are present.

Same problem with 5x colors is the orb struggle. 4x+hearts is loads easier. That's where I am with skills.

My bfs are running a.shiva for me and I am running lu bu for them. I know they have a.kush available, and also awoken Artemis. I have friends and my bf can support anything I bring so far. I could use advice on what direction to go though.

Sparkle likes this.
  4. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Go for the eyes boo, go for the eyes!!@!

Balduron04 and philsov like this.
  5. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sanada -- R/D has OE, R/R has rows. Neither is a common lead so it's really more whatever offensive awakening your red team is lacking. If you run A shiva, R/D in a heartbeat.
    Ronove -- Can go either way. I like the G/R form because red coverage helps with teambuilding but it's a tradeoff of stronger shield vs stronger damage
    Kanna - 4 prong!
    Roots - Again, can go either way. I like the L/R version by virtue of being unbindable and boosting HP, but the L/D seems to be more common. (My blue Sherias went B/D for color coverage on the team, plus guardbreaker)
    Baal - awoken, if even to be messed with.
    Paimon - L/x for the followup attack awakening, imo
    Satsuki - 4 prong
    Gremory - See ronove. They've slightly different sub pools.
    Horus - awoken
    Gabe - awoken
    Athena - G/G for green TPA synergy
    Pollux - godkiller, imo

~

Probably easiest to run Roots or Horus and then pair with any other rainbow lead and/or Diablos.

Sparkle likes this.
  6. Balduron04

Balduron04 Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the rundown. I have some work to do to awoken these guys now. Horus and sherias are good enough for arenas?

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
    Horus/Sherias are good enough for Arenas, but you really want a good team setup - They aren't the total cakewalk/"junk subs are fine" that leads like Yog and Cthugha are. You'll want some resets and a shield (or 32k HP) to 100% it.

8. Balduron04

Balduron04 Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    So, sherias has 2 uevos. Which one is the better leader? Color matching is unfindable, but combo guy is so easy to activate...

9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have a devil or dragon bind clear combo is better IMO. You can't always get all the colors but making combo's is typically not an issue. Also his guard break is a fantastic quality of life improvement and I think, THINK there are more favorable devil/dragon type subs than balance/dragon subs.

Balduron04 likes this.
  10. Balduron04

Balduron04 Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Halloween alarune is a 4 turn bind clear and haste on 7 turns CD and awoken isis is 2 turrns on 3 turn CD. Both are devil's.

I am only one ranking dungeon away from the leader bind immune badge. Let's hope they put some up again.