TW player reactions to Voltron collab

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Unknown_PC, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Unknown_PC

Unknown_PC Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Just thought I share some of these reaction comments from the TW forums I frequently visit. Majority of these are from TW players who play on the JP server.

"Look ma, mech Tsukishima Hana, Bouya is now a chick!"

"Art looks decent"

"Art looks close to the original, too bad 6* Voltron doesn't look badass enough"

"I want to roll this instead of Crow/Worst art"

"Oh it's just Crows, I thought it was Voltron"

"and I'll form... the head"

"Silver egg took Guriko's active (6*) PogChamp"

"Can we swap Guriko art with Keith's"

"Too bad you can't form Voltron after rolling the five lions"

"Machine meta finally a thing ....but in NA"

"What is wood elder (#3335) doing there?"

"I can see why some NA players are flaming, highly anticipated collab is just a reskin"

"Art looks like PAD from 2~3 years ago"

"Looks a bit like EVA"

Original threads can be found on PTT PAD and Baha forums https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/PuzzleDragon/M.1492860775.A.14A.html
    https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=22153&snA=95329&tnum=3)

2. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Most disappointing thing about this collab tbh

Arranging, StarDragon12 and ronmoho like this.
  3. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
  4. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Spiral Fist Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link

Sherufanir likes this.
  5. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Collab is hot garbage. If you're going to reskin Crows then fine but don't do it without the best active in the collab. The only valuable skill in there was the Fujin style active that is mysteriously absent here.

Memememememe and ssj2jeff like this.
  6. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

maybe it's gonna come when the collab comes back again? why are ppl so short sighted

if the collab sucks for you just dont' roll, you guys should be glad this isn't something dbz/saint seiya/airou bazaar there non of the actives and LS aren't even relevant

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was honestly thinking of breaking my IAP status for this, but after seeing the art and cards, non-IAP it is.

Memememememe likes this.
  8. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is probably my favorite comment. There are so many different ways you could take this

9. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I am not short sighted at all. I understand how the game works very well. It goes in cycles and this year's trash is next year's treasure. This collab right now is garbage. Next time around it might be awesome. When it gets better I will roll. Right now no thanks.

10. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean, if they're handing out free Keith and Allura I'll probably take it, thanks. But yeah, pas de rolls pour moi.

CloudStrife likes this.
  11. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE SERVERS, NOT LEAVE NA IN SHAMBLES!

12. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

@kumomo enters stage right.

@kumomo's kid wakes up Christmas morning to a mysteriously presentless Christmas tree and begins to cry.

@kumomo chastizes the child for crying, "Why are you crying about not getting any presents? Christmas will be back again in a year! Why are you so short sighted?!?"

@kumomo is elected Father of the Year.

13. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    Too much win here.

People are non-IAPing and retiring right now as far as I've seen. Even I used to heavy IAP and now I've only spent like $50 in the past 300 days. I don't give a damn if this collab breaks the game a year from now, my very dwindling interest in PAD (which is saying a lot since I've always been a filthy casual player) might not even last up to next month at this rate. Pretty sure I'm not alone on that either.

14. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    I usually blame everything on Santa Claus. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. In any event not like I'd ever be up for Father of the Year though.

15. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Actually in this case it would be more like the kid getting a gift they didn't really want.

Then they throw a huge hissy about material possessions and utterly ruin the spirit of giving that Christmas is supposed to represent, and gets visited by the ghosts of whiny entitlement i guess.

nickjr and graps like this.
  16. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  17. ta11geese3

ta11geese3 azure rathalos

Makes me wonder if JP players bitched and moaned about presentless christmas trees when they got the first crows collab (which sucked) LOL

(Actually, I'm not wondering, because I know the answer is no)

That analogy doesn't even make sense.

graps and aFireBlaze like this.
  18. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze Triggered People are what feeds me treats :^)

User ID:
    :MingRen:
    i came to see JP reactions but

mfw everybody vs everybody reactions

just take a look at my signature below and let that soothe your minds for a bit

kthx

have a good day

nickjr likes this.
  19. Obelisk

Obelisk Active Member

[​IMG]

Legit dude, you're attacking a guy who disagrees with you because you were emasculated when someones box was better than yours. Your metaphors are stupid, you treat this business as if it was a toy store, almost in denial that in essence, it's gambling to the point where I think you're banned from las vegas for throwing tantrums about not winning anything.

Even more hilarious that anyone would think, voltron, something only recognized in the west by people that lived their childhood in the 80's, would be a "AMERICAN, BRAND NEW EXCLUSIVE COLLAB". If it was IDK samurai jack, powerpuff girls, dexters laboratory, yeah I'd be pretty surprised. But cmon, fucking voltron?

20. kumomo

kumomo Noob Staff Member

lol i got a good laugh from that thanks buddy

but in reality it isn't really the gacha quality that is making ppl quit, it's the game itself, dont' be like me looking for reasons to continue with the game, if you feel sick and tired of the game, just drop it and see if it makes u wanna come back or not in the future.

so whoever actually agree with knor, ask urself one question, since this collab is so shit, should gungho NA scrap all plans to make NA exclusive collabs to replace cards that will never be in the NA version? should this collab not deserve a revisit with buffed up artwork and stats?

so if they actually put the fujin active guy for this collab, what are they going to make when they bring it back again? evenually since they are making reskin for all collabs we would end up hitting on shitter collabs like saint seiya or airou bazaar that is useless in terms of the card itself, u will evenually bash all those shitty collabs, in fact JP should not make any shitty collab and make powercreep go on forever and ever.

the best reaction is that ppl think JP side will be jealous if this is NA exclusive and OP, in reality they can make another card JP exclusive and even more OP, what's the end result of that? might just quit the game early.

it's quite funny ppl actually think GHNA personel are stupid and think they wouldn't know this doesn't sell well, so what are you gonna do in place of Antonio, just scrap the collab and say "sorry the collab is not worth it let's just ignore this", it's not the first time collabs look "dull" or "boring" or up to the point "useless", there's lots of collabs in JP that isn't even worth rolling the first time, i don't see how people can't see this.

So you're telling me you as a business spending all the effort to get the licensing, and get the collab, and just because this first release is bad you as a business will just end up terminating the whole project? I wonder how many of u guys actually manage a business.