Ugh! What is up with Diaochan?

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Son_of_Poseidon, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Rivalrun

Rivalrun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She's actually worth 15k mp. They changed the price in jp and it shouldn't be too long before it's changed on other servers

2. Son_of_Poseidon

Son_of_Poseidon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is the type of post I was looking for, lol. I can see how she can be useful now, but also to note, another reason Isis is popular is because of her unbindability and bind clear. Thank you for a helpful post rather than just "you're wrong," without any justification for the post. This is a discussion post after all, lol. I can see her usefulness, but I guess it is more that she left me with more to want. I can see how she would be great on Anubis with practically perminate time extend and damage buff. I just won that she would be more applicable for being a 6* pantheon, which in my opinion is harder to get than a GFE. (Pantheons only come around every so often while GFEs are every GF).

cjo and foxwaffles like this.
  3. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I definitely agree with your "wtf???" moment in regards to her Light Resists. Definitely an odd choice. But other than that...well, you make the best of what you have, and I have 2, so...guess I'd better start liking Diaochan now :^)

In all honesty if I didn't own Reincarnated Kushinadahime I'd probably be the one who made this post, not you :^) Combo leads are still fighting tooth and nail for a place on the tierlists. It'd be nice to see them come back.

I'm glad I was able to help you out! :)

4. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Please don't flame on these forums. Not only is it not appreciated, but it is also against the rules. If you had a different opinion, please express it and explain why. I would love to be proven wrong on how a card isn't that useful. That just furthers my knowledge about the game. It can help me help others later on.

@foxwaffles

I have an A Ra and Revo Horus, but she just feels outclassed... Like aren't 6*s supposed to be very saught after and borderline meta changing?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  5. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

you are underestimating 7c2 awakenings. that one awakening makes up for her 4 not-so-useful resist awakenings imo. also her 2 turn CD is amazing as well. it's true though that there aren't currently that many leaders that can use her effectively, but on Anubis and Kushi she is probably among the ideal subs, so that's already 2 great leads. if stuff like DQXQ was stronger she would be amazing there as well. I certainly wish I had 1 or 2(although I like my Sima Yi more right now)

Arranging likes this.
  6. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    He was joking, Diaochan is really cute and that's probably the only reason he popped in here to say hi.

Back to Diaochan and her usability.
    7c is insane. I know because I've seen Revo Chinese, especially Haku, hit monstrous numbers even with a 20x multiplier off of a natural board.
    1265 + 495 = 1750 * 2 = 3500 base attack @ 7 combos.
    You're really downplaying that awakening too much. It's also why Diaochan is really good on anubis.

2 CD base. Don't like the active? Replace it with a better one like Indra / Board Changer and so on.
    Unlocking orbs will be extremely useful in doing stupid dungeons like Zeus +297 or MZeus or SDR (if you're not already speed running that with button teams), where they jam up your board with locked orbs.

7. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    6* arent necessarily meta changing. that said, if you have ra and Horus and cant see how Diaochan elevates both teams immediately, im not sure what to say. 2 CD skill on a team that relies on active use, plus one that objectively helps rainbow teams.

8. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I think that only applies to 6* godfest-exclusives at this point honestly.

Given how ME of all people rolled THREE 3K2 cards within ~15 rolls, I think the rates of 3K2 are only narrowly lower than other pantheons, if their rarity affects their rates at all. And since they get boosted by Galas and are always in the REM, pantheon cards are SUPPOSED to be more common than GFEs (although it sure doesn't seem that way lately with the bricks of GFEs we have now plus all the troll gold...or maybe it's just me and my trash luck).

Thus, it stands to reason that 6* GFEs, with their less than 1% roll rates, will always be a step up above any pantheon card, 3K2 included.

In fact the only reason 3K2 is 6* might just be so that GH doesn't have to worry about giving them ultimate evolutions for a very long time since they already come with one. Who knows?

9. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm honestly not sure if Kushinada will be able bring back combo leads to the top. I'm not saying she's bad by any means but I do wonder if what she provides is enough to compete with the current meta. The fact that she doesn't have an HP multiplier really puts her in the place of doubt, if she had it though, I think she would have been easily placed in the high tiers. Regarding putting Diaochan in Kushinada's team, I'm tempted to do it myself but I really want to use my Toki that I pulled from like 2 years ago that I haven't touched so I'll see; unfortunately, I think Yuna might come before Diaochan if I was to make a blue concentrated team. Diaochan might not see the light of day in my teams until I pull another one for Anubis :(

10. cjo

cjo Well-Known Member

Honestly, this has never been universally true. It gets made true for a few cards at any given time, but hardly for all of them... which is just as well.

I think Diaochan is pretty cool. A single Diaochan on your Horus team means you can pop an active every single turn, for example. The time extend isn't huge but it's not nothing, plus it's great for overriding time reduction. Orb lock removal means you don't have to design your team to deal with orb locks in some other way. Any time a card has a 2-turn cooldown, you automatically have to include inheritance potential as part of its virtues. In Diaochan's case, her stats are fine given that she's a new card, and her base active provides two useful skills which you might otherwise struggle to fit on a team.

Think of it this way--over time, you're going to roll a lot of cards with redundant strengths. How many bind clears or orb changers do you need? The fact that Diaochan is a bit niche is exactly why I'm excited--she's a niche I might otherwise not be able to fill when I want to.

11. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    for example, wasnt ilm pretty useless for a long time? Did Sylvie or ryune really change the game any more than Saria did? Blodin has always been...blodin.

12. CoryAndSamantha

CoryAndSamantha Vigorous Member

REVO Kushi does have an HP multiplier, it's just that it's restricted to healers. Pretty lol-worthy in the context of green, but from what I've seen she's made it pretty high up in the most recent tier lists, so there's gotta be some decent team comp for her.

13. StarDragon12

StarDragon12 Quan

User ID:
    NA 367,185,264
    PADherder:
    link
    3x Haku, 1x Dark/Green thingy

Super consistent A3 clear.

CoryAndSamantha likes this.
  14. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think my brain must have farted and forgot she had an HP multiplier to healers. I think it may have been partially due to the fact that even with the multiplier, the team's health still isn't very high because of how healers naturally have lower HP than any other typing.

foxwaffles likes this.
  15. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    Let's be real here guys... Diaochan sucks no matter how cute she is. Yeah rolling two would be optimal for an A Anubis team but a lot of people don't have the skills nor patience to run an Anubis team. Sima Yi is very niche but everyone can run a D Athena team, which makes him much better than her already. I completely agree with the OP honestly, glorifying a super niche sub which you need two of doesn't make much sense. Her 7c awakening is great, but Anubis already does a ton of damage without her anyway.

TL;DR Diaochan is bad.

Son_of_Poseidon likes this.
  16. Zuko-tan

Zuko-tan Gimme Krishna, RNGesus.

Even with crappier awakenings (don't know about her stats), I'd rather spend 0 stones on a Super Gunma than spend 5 on what is essentially a dark version of the same thing.

17. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Just no.

Following your logic, everything in the game would be super niche. Dkali? Not every team need all 6 colours on board, so Dkali is very niche. Fujin? How many damage absorb enemies are there in this game? So Fujin is very niche. And so on...

Diaochan's AS is simply bonkers. 1) It's universally useful for every team for removing locks; 2) For every LS that requires AS usage, she's gonna be super useful. Just because Revo Anubis is the main one that come to mind, doesn't mean there won't be other powerful leaders down the line that can utilize her. 3) She's godly as the base for carrying assist skills. 4) Permanent +2 sec boost is huge with two of her on the team. Not only you'll have more time to move orbs, it also makes the team immune to movement time reduction.

And regarding her awakenings, even if you look at the SB, SBR, TE and 7c awakenings alone she is pretty good already. And light and dark resists are godly in certain situations, and are also yet again, universally useful for every team.

TLDR: the logic of 'a monster has good awakenings and good AS, but because she is not featured on the no.1 meta team right now, so she is terrible' is the very definition of tunnel vision.

I totally agree. Because Gunma also remove locked orbs and give the team a permanent +2 sec boost. Diao Chan is just hot garbage and you should sell her.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    Arranging and Murdurus like this.
  18. Exoxist

Exoxist Master Chief

PADherder:
    link
    I really don't see your logic in disagreeing with me. D Kali is used on many teams, there is more out there than just RaDra, many teams use a board changer, which doesn't make D Kali niche at all. You seem to just be arguing teams that are end game, I'm not even thinking about those. Diaochan only fits one mold for maximum efficiency. There are much better options at this time than Diaochan. I may be wrong in the future, but for now she isn't anything game breaking or wonderful, especially as a 6* pantheon.

19. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

Revo Kushi is the strongest lead in the game atm

Arranging and Piggysoup like this.
  20. Son_of_Poseidon

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lol, finally someone that agrees wholeheartedly with me. Everyone keeps saying how you can use her on REvo Horus and all these other teams when she wouldn't be ideal on them at all. The anti lock and time mechanic, ya it's nice to have, but a lot of cards already have a time extend active (Horus already does), Ra Dragon already does, Tsukuyomi does, Kuro does, Venus does, and those are just end game or close to end game cards.

If she had better awakenings, she could be used for her damage and not just her active for Anubis. Ya 7c is good and doubles your attack, but 2x on a 1265 attack only brings it up to 2530... That is less than Kaede if Kaede only had one TPA. If orb locking was a huge disadvantage, I could see how she could be a great sub. Ya, that mechanic is annoying, but the chance that it will make you lose a dungeon nowadays is rare. The way GungHo could make her more viable is to have multiple all board locks in dungeons.

My point wasn't that she was trash, but more she only fills a big roll on one team which makes her overall fill a minuscule roll. Everyone is trying to argue as if she is amazing and is a top tier sub on many teams. The time extend is nice, but it's not a 2 second time extend if you give up subs with time extend awakenings. The orb unlocking is really cool, but it isn't something we couldn't get around before.

Edit: also on Anubis, he has always been a "fun" lead because his active is so hard to use. It is a cool leader mechanic and is fun to see that much damage, but really though, do you expect him to stay around as a top lead for a long time? Kaede, a possible 64x ATK and 75% shield, is falling out of favor due to boredom of use and hard activation. Is Anubis really any close to that? He has a possible 900x attack, but no HP multiplier. He has really high HP as a card, but Diaochan offsets that with a really low HP.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017