Um, hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nemesis, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Hi! New member here, obviously. I've been playing Puzzle and Dragons for a few months (around Rank 92 now) and decided it was about time I upgrade my experience again. So, uh, yeah! I is here now. -w-

I'm a native of a much smaller forum (namely the Cave Story Forums), so please bear with me since I'm not used to super active ones like this one. I usually go by Polaris - indeed, that's what my PAD account is called - but I decided to go with Nemesis instead so as to not disturb the still active Polaris who was here first. You can call me whatever you'd like.

Shortish history of my time with PAD for those who don't mind reading:

★★★
    I first downloaded the game on a whim in May (right after Scarlet Snake Princess ;-;). It was finals week, so not a good time to start...but let's not get into that. o.o

I wasn't very savvy my first time through, as I knew little about the game. My first roll was a Salamander, ouch...but I went with it since I didn't know any better. I managed to struggle my way through with my trusty Plesios, Sunlight Carbuncle, Harpie Demon, and some other crap I had. (The only other notable thing I had was a random Vampire Lord the REM had gotten me.) I quickly realized that the game wasn't going to get any easier and it was becoming more and more difficult to progress, especially as I began to read up on PAD more and gained enough of an understanding about the game to learn that my team really wasn't very powerful. I had finally gotten to Castle of Satan when I happened on Shaneth21's beginner tips video and realized it was in my best interests to reroll.

So I said goodbye to my acquired monsters (all of which I reacquired later except for my two least favorites, the Salamander and Vampire Lord) and started to reroll near the end of the Player's Choice Godfest. My first pull was a Strawberry Dragon - cute, but not very useful. I tried again, and my second roll yielded Bastet! :D

Not only was she powerful, versatile, and easy to use, she was a cute cat girl and basically the best thing ever because of this. I started my second playthrough much stronger and more knowledgeable than before, Bastet leading the way. :3

Since then, I've pulled Isis from the Pink REM, managed to 3-stone Hera Descended with the world's crappiest Resolve team, and lucked out on Odin from the last Godfest, along with some other useful odds and ends. (Don't worry, Sunlight Carbuncle is happily retired.) Bastet and Isis are both Ult. Evolved and max awakened (though I basically use Bastet more, as my first roll and main leader), I've gotten up to and completed Ocean of Heaven, and in general I've had more fun and gotten much farther. The future is bright. :>
    ★★★

I must admit I know little about how this forum works, and I may not be as active as I am in other forums. Still, I'd like to give it a try, and I might make a PADHerder in the near future.

Apologies if all of that drabble annoyed you, I'm not certain of how to spoiler/hide things. Hopefully I'll get along here. £:

2. Machius

Machius Machiavellian Manipulator

User ID:
    Welcome to the forums.

You've been playing a lot longer than I have and sound like you've got your PAD knowhow together pretty well already. Hope you enjoy your time here on the forums.

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Oh, just a month or two at most. It took me quite a while to learn what I have and I'm still not the most knowledgable thing in the universe or anything. Still, thank you very much! Your service greeting new members is very appreciated. ^.^

4. icedragon926

icedragon926 Blue myr so expensive :<

User ID:
    382, 103, 341
    Hai there, welcome to the forums :D Nice to know someone got something other then a healer girl from the pink rem :3

5. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Hello, and thank you £:

I actually got Kurone and Fuu alongside Isis, but yeah. It was sorta kind to me. A friend of mine actually got the blue Valkyrie and Venus from it, too. o.o