[Updated Title] Brewing a Veroah team for Extreme Challenge Arena

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by kandjar, Aug 12, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Previous Title was: "How to you skill up Chuan", hence this initial post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is py the only way to skill her up????
    It's like 30 level!!!...

Or do I have to wait for DBDC collab and run the dungeon w/ her on the team to have a random chance of skill up?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  2. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Save yourself the headache and just use pys. I think there might have been an increased skill up chance for her dungeon originally, but even if it comes back it's probably unlikely to have that again.

She makes a great sub on ult veroah and helps the team cakewalk through TA2.

3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's why I need to skill her up :D
    I'm trying to setup a team for it; I was able to setup a team to skillup Veroah and other sub, but now, I'm looking into making a team w/ empty slot :D

tetsusaiga64 likes this.
  4. tetsusaiga64

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I saw a farming template on Reddit and happened to have the perfect team for it. Hera Luna really helps to spit out damage and free up a sub slot for leveling. It amazes me how easily she hits damage cap.

I remember when Pandora led the row meta and two dark rows would add up to a couple million per sub.

5. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I was running the following team until I for everyone (except satan void) to lvl110:

I'm struggling to adapt the team for regular farming. :|
    I was looking at Chuun as she can have a low 4-turn CD and come loaded w/ tons of dark rows.
    But considering she's is just sk-lv1, I'm not sure if I should go that route.

Any suggestion / help would def be very helpful :D
    Another problem I noticed is: if you inherit Satan-void on both Veroah lead, you may still get a > 0 RCV if you try to level up a healer :(

6. tetsusaiga64

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would suggest sucking up the pys and dumping them on chuan. She makes a great sub for this team particularly for a number of reasons: (1) all those rows will really help buff the damage output of your roche and lucifer beyond their own awakenings/equip/latents, (2) she has a low 4-turn active that both (3) practically guarantees activation, and (4) it reduces your HP by 20%, helping you stay under 50%HP if your total RCV stat is positive. Also, if you have nemain, she's a better equip than Satan with +600ATK/-2000RCV as compared to his +133ATK/-1500 RCV.

If you're looking to free up a slot for leveling I'd take out Satan and veroah, and put in chuan with Satan assist (unless you have nemain).

My own team looks like this and has no problems with damage or rcv, and yomi isn't really needed.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why didn't you skill her up when you got her? If you want to skill her up right now, py is your answer. No other options.

I'd lose Satan and Lucifer as sub and use satan to assist veroah, Lucifer to assist Chuan. Second veroah can be an empty slot. Lucifer will comes up first turn, Roche will do the heavy lifting, just like Hera-LUNA.

Also, there's no way you will have RCV greater than 0 if you're using 2 +297 Satan void. If you do anyway, put Nemain sword on that card and your RCV problem goes away, or use the free card that null RCV for 5 turns as an assist. Forgot the name but she's a wood attribute card from Shinrabansho Choco Collab.

8. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do agree Chuan is really good here; but I have to disagree with this particular argument, the 20% self injuring won't help:
    If you're RCV is > 0, you'll heal like no body's business due to Veroah's x3 rcv part of her LS [i.e: x9 with dual Veroah] you will heal to full HP in no time, unfortunately.

Don't have her :(

That's interesting, I found myself in need of a damage void active for the final floor despite having Roche...

9. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe, coz Chuan wasn't a drop and it was already painful to farm the stuff to get her ?

I did try dropping Satan, and put it as inherit on Veroah, unfortunately, his RCV decrease is not always good enough (even with a friend leader also w/ Satan assist) if you try to max level a 'healer' for example. But I do agree this is the way to go.

My Satan Void is not +297; but here is an example of a team I built with would lead to a > 0 RCV:

Also, I fail to see why you would want to +297 Satan?
    If you don't you get -1500 RCV, however if you +297'ed him you'll only get -1455.

Sure if would help indeed; I just wish I had her.

You mean: Soleil?

She would be an interesting option if she didn't also change the board to 3 non dark colors.
    One of the problem with Veroah is that she's very orb angry (which is also why Chuan is so good here)

10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I assumed everyone already +297'd Satan Void to use as an assist for awoken Vajrabhairava for button farming? Or am I the only one? But all I see from veroah with Satan void assist, they're all +297'd.

Also, find a veroah friend with Caledfwlch. That should resolves your RCV issue.

11. tetsusaiga64

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're totally right, I forgot about the RCV component to her LS since I've been running with a 0 RCV team.

In all of my 7 runs so far, I haven't needed yomi, but it has made it safer. But my build also includes sagat's eyepatch equip on my Luna though, so just making 2 rows easily get her to damage cap. If you're worried about the final floor you could try to inherit a defense void onto the card you're leveling.

12. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sagat Eye patch may help indeed since you ll have 5 low-hp awoken (w/ the super awoken one); where I currently have 4.
    The one I had issue with was: Azathoth, but at the same time I was really unlucky with the orb distribution, so it may have been a one off :D

13. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That said, I'm likely gonna cave in and skill up Chuan through py; she's really good, alternatively, I was thinking about: Shantotto, she has only 2 less awoken skill than Chaun (and is a lot easier to skill up :D); but 11 turns CD, may be an issue considering she doesn't bring SBs; unless u stick with the base form for one less dark row and a much lower atk (which may not matter)

EDIT: Just noticed that she can actually take on 3 dk which may also be quite interesting.

14. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, I tried the following team:

First run, I f up on the before last floor, i managed to fail to match 6 dark... that one is def on me :D
    The good thing was: I confirm that I was able to clear every floor with just 1 row of dark and 6 combos.

Second run, I faced Azathoth, sadly, I had to pop Shantotto on the tamadra's floor due to a critical lack of dark orbs....
    Sadly I did not have my defense break and two rows just enough to scratch him; I couldn't get a perfect count of 18 darks.... despite having tried... sad luck on the skyfall, with 17 orbs, 6 combos, I was able to take 40% of his life.

So yeah against him I do need the defense break, although another thing I could try is to put Zuoh's weapon form on the card to level up.

Another point here: I did not 297 Shantotto to avoid increasing RCV which also mean I did not have access to her extra row awoken skill.

15. tetsusaiga64

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why don't you just put kaname on your leveling card? You're probably not gonna use their base skill anyways, and then you can just charge up the defense void for the final floor, and also not have to worry about when you use shantotto.

kandjar likes this.
  16. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dah.... Indeed :D
    The only caveat is: you need to be sure the inherit will be up in time, which in the grand scheme of things... isn't a different issue than having it on Shantotto; and since her base CD was already 11; it's unlikely to be an issue :D
    I like that.

EDIT: Even less now that I'm gonna try to use base Shantotto for her 2 extra SBs, since I don't really care much for her damage output.

17. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Alright, first run went smooth!

I moved the inherit as suggested, and used base Shantotto:

I faced Chtullu which was at 1 turn, so not the worst case scenario but it didn't look like it was close call.
    Killed with 2 dark rows, 5 combos.

Also, the friend leader made me realized that Satan Void can be taken to lvl110, at which level it reduce the RCV by an extra 300!!

tetsusaiga64 likes this.
  18. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can confirm this team works pretty well, I was able to do several runs w/o problem.
    I haven't had to use Shantotto active at all, since that one time. Still having the defense void inherit on the leveling up sub is safer.

I guess I'm glad I don't have to spend 30 pys on Chuan :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, Roche has 3 healer killers!