Value X: Perseus, Barbarossa, Fire cards in general.

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Merlin, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Merlin

Merlin You want to play the game? Go ahead, pick a card.

User ID:
    Hey everybody. Looking for some card value opinions.

1: I've seen a few things lately that are putting the not yet NA Awoken Perseus into some really high-value positions... but looking at the card it's not immediately apparent what that value is. It looks a solid fill in card on the once loved Kaede team, but fills only an acceptable role on Ronove teams. Am I missing a glaring value that puts it up there with the big boys?

2: I have a barbarossa... and other than a possible Sun Quan paring I have no idea where his value currently lies.

Last is kinda the fire meta in general. At the moment I am almost stacking fire subs thinking the red side has to get some love soon. Is anyone playing anything other than krishna and shiva dragon?

2. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

1. APerseus is a solid sub for both Parvati and Ruel teams. Also Romia teams for those who love 7x6 boards.

2. Barbie has 3PAs and a great multipurpose active. I can see him being a valued sub in any blue TPA teams. I'll be subbing him in my future RSun Quan/RHermes team.

3. Good fire leaders include that Bleach old man, ACao Cao (wait for Revo), and Minerva (cheese). Awoken Yamato also holds promise: 9x ATK with 35% shield. There's Voltron too lol who isn't too bad other than lacking RCV. Oh yeah, don't forget Revo Leilan.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I mean, there's more green teams than just Ronove and Kaede, and his non awoken Ult has a very specific trait. He's one fo the few green cards that has 2 SBR, so he's very important for covering SBR flaws in many green teams (For example, if you run Rozuel on Ronove, running Pereus gives you way more flexibility on the rest of your subs by cancelling out Rozuel's lack of SBR, and for many ALB/Dios builds, he's invaluable since most ALB subs wont have SBR.)

High stats + 2 SBR and 2 fingers means he has a place on many green teams since his awakenings are so strong.

well, as a sub, he's very nice on TPA teams with his three TPAs, his active is great with a consistently strong orb change AND a delay, and again, He has 2 SBRs which gives you tons of flexibility on subs. a lot of good water cards dont have SBR, chief among them is Scheat. and if you're going to be running sun quan x Hermes, the optimal team runs Claymores to spam low CD skills (with a team appropriate spike to boot), but Claymore doesnt have an SBR, so you NEED Barbarossa to get there.

Example:

Here, Barbarossa is the only thing that allows them to stack so many Scheat's and Claymores which give them incredible damage on TPAs.

Beyond that, a triple TPA sub, i mean, how can you not like that?

I mean, i have no idea what you actually have, but Tsubaki is still somewhat popular, Minvera is REALLY strong both when paired with herself for resist cheese or with Ilm for a good balance of tank and damage, Ilm (yes, he's light but can run really strong red teams) is versatile, Ilmina is way better than people think, Genryusai (and by extension, ACC to a lesser extent) is a really strong Row lead, and REvo Shiva is still fairly popular. I dunno, do any of those interest you or do you have them?

wangatang0830 likes this.
  4. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Re: Percy:
    Dual TPA and 7c awakening is massive damage, on top of being a combination green and heartmaker and board cleanser with SBR and time extension and heartrow bindclear awakening. He is like... the perfect green sub and works with any of bastet/meimei/ruel/osiris/parv/kaede/vishnu/etc leads. He is amazing.

5. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

fire meta got me excited about the game again because of rank farming :)

6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    he was talking about SUVO Perseus, not Awoken Perseus.

7. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Shoot, I actually max skilled a Claymore forever ago, never really considered this use case though. Too bad I don't have a Babs, but maybe Alrescha could do in a pinch. Though Wetatron might be better since I don't have to use up two subs for a niche usecase.