Venus New UVo disappointment or your savior?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Fiere Zero, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Fiere Zero

Fiere Zero Member

Clever title huh? Anyways everyone set about the discussions for panda Blodin etc. I feel it's time for Venus. Lets face it not many of us used her as a lead but now she's gains somewhat viability there with that wt/lt reduction with the 2.5 atk. The big area she lives in is the sub category. In all the YouTube videos I've seen she is the lady of the combo for any spike lead. But now with the active changed to 6 seconds and less cd will she hold that spot still? And the awakenings she received are they mediocre? Or just perfect.
    My first thoughts and impressions on the typing and coloring were hype since I lack a decent LB sub for Kali and thoughts of using her in my Kirin team came to thought then I saw the active and I sorta cringed but didn't at the same time. I use kali and the awakenings would not do justice nor would the active weakening. I sorta didn't cringe for possible use in my Kirin team but I have the perfect lb for that DQXQ paired with my RGY helloooo burst city. And removing her for Venus feels like it'd upset the balance. So that's my wishy washy thoughts of a spike leader. What about you community where do your thoughts lie? Let the discussion begin.

2. kasiski

kasiski Member

Change her sub color to dark, change her new awakenings to 2x orb movement and 1 more TPA, and change her active to just add movement time like Hades and I would love her to pieces. As she is now? Meh...it's better than what she has now but is pretty useless for me. I was really hoping she would be THE dark sub for Hathor.

3. JamesCID

JamesCID Athena Follower

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not so clever, we are not talking about one extreme or the other, there's a wide range of possibilities like her being a nice sub for some teams and nice leader for others while falling behind on her previous usage. Yes, her old regular role was changed, but should not be that surprising considering the rest of the awoken gods got similar roles changes.

So , for short: Neither a savior nor dissapointing.

4. Fiere Zero

Fiere Zero Member

And what role would she now fit into I'm eager to here like I said this is a discussion and I'd love to hear from you( I mean examples with the role changes you mentioned with her)

5. Glutes

Glutes Active Member

Lmeta can now use rows. Her active leaves much to be desired. Should be an orb enhance on top of the CTW at least.

6. JamesCID

JamesCID Athena Follower

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

Exactly what her awakenings hint, a great sub for light row teams, L meta, DQXQ, Wukong and of course, herself.

The regular CTW was used for combo based or color based leads, the time provided for a row based team in a CTW is way too much, and to make a perfect row board should not take more than the regular 5 seconds you get. Her active works better as a multi move lapse, not as an extra time source and with that CD you can easily make use of it more than once in a single dungeon.

If you want her as a lead, she can tackle and cakewalk Zeus Mercury and even Wadatsumi by mere tanking.

7. Fiere Zero

Fiere Zero Member

Thank you for your input. Anyone else I'd love to here what others think about this big change for Venus who knows how it might change the PAD world?

8. Xeric

Xeric Tamadra fiend

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I both love and hate this new evo. I already use L/L Venus as a regular sub on my LTron team, so this just makes her an even more perfect fit as others have already said. However, I have other healer sub options so I was already planning on switching her to L/D to act as a sub on my WIP DQXQ and Hathor teams. Losing her God typing and dark sub-element make those two teams less viable so I'm forced into passing up on this evo. Mine is also max skilled so I'd hate to sacrifice all that work for a new skill. Now if I pull a dupe Venus down the way I'll be ecstatic and won't hesitate to take her to the new form.

9. Ryeee

Ryeee Well-Known Member

As a long time Lmeta player with no other REM light row subs, the awakenings are great as you can sub in Sandal to get your minimum 4 rows. It doesnt follow the other awoken Greco-romans but I was hoping she'd get like an Amaterasu treatment where she'd have her attack with extra movement time.

6s CTW at a lower CD is fine w me. And after taking Hades, Ceres, and Minerva out for several descends, I think it's not necessary to play the same double leads. I like pairing the Greco-roman gods with hero gods. Why?

Usually, cutting half the damage is good enough to survive, stall, and grind. Having the hero God helps you burst down the floor quicker. More importantly, when you encounter a floor where the boss doesn't match the colors you're mitigating, you'd want to burst that floor as quickly as possible.

For example, I used Ceres/Perseus for Zhao Yun. First 4 floors is fine since they're black and white. Last 2 floors, bosses first half HP is green so you want to knock them down below 50% asap and strip them of their green color.

So I'll be pairing my Venus with Wukong most likely. But sad she can't be used in Athena teams for row bombs since no God typing.

10. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    For both mini GZL and ZY, you only have to deal 1 or 2 million damage with dual greco romans to knock them into light or dark, which is really easy to do

11. Dando

Dando Well-Known Member

I feel very neutral. It's a buff, but not a game-changing one. Now I can use her to grind through some dungeons if I want to, so I'll try her out and use her to clear some water dungeons once in a while if it's even possible to find friends.

12. Fiere Zero

Fiere Zero Member

Interesting I have 3 Venuses ones l/d now another one is l/l and well the third you can guess so I'm going to evo because I can, I do feel you on the love hate part though

13. bangbang

bangbang Light Mage

She'll have a role on wukong (and other light row teams).

On a wukong team she likely replaced a thor or orb enhancer slot. The six second CTW gets used after an orb changer to set up a "perfect" board". That's the real use of 6 second CTW in my opinion.
    Also, I'll gladly take her+DQXQ+valk for a nice recovery stat.

14. Fiere Zero

Fiere Zero Member

Then I guess the question becomes did gungho probably plan this uvo in conjunction with wukongs

15. pidimension

pidimension Yahallo!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The lack of "power" active really holds venus back. Think of the other greco-roman gods - with the exception of Ceres they had bad actives that got amazingly buffed with their uvos, ultimately making them some of the strongest cards in the game.

She does have three rows - to justify using her over a different card has to utilize this. IDK what light row teams everyone run but

DQXQ - redundant subcolor, if you run DQXQ/Apollo/Baal/Thor/ xx /DQXQ you have 6 rows already so it would be better to run another orb changer (valk, verche, kali, something). You can run her over Thor and run Valk to cover green but she doesn't really improve this team that much.

Wukong - blodin is suboptimal on Andromeda so its the same here

Superman? - its probably good for superman but he's a collab gold so its hard to find friends, suboptimal leader

Venus!! - This is where she really shines, you have 6 rows just from leaders so you can stack all the utility subs and crazy orb changes you want. I'm looking at Apocalypse/DQXQ/Valk/Apollo but honestly everything works.

LMeta - She lets lmeta teams stack rows - venus and dqxq are 4 rows by themselves.

Basically, the problem is that with row teams you really want to run as many orb changing subs as possible and... her active doesn't orb change. Which is kinda disappointing.

16. Fiere Zero

Fiere Zero Member

Then I guess the question becomes did gungho probably plan this uvo in conjunction with wukongs

17. Wishy

Wishy SHRAPNEL

3 rows is OP as fuck.

Her leader skill is EXCELLENT.

Anyone thinking this Venus UVO is underwhelming is very short-sighted, high RCV resist team with 6 rows only from your lead + helper? Even when her active is kind of meh she is probably gonna be as strong as Minerva/Neptune.

Even when Minerva gets an orb changer, Neptune a damage enhance, Venus gets 4 extra rows just from the leads and very high RCV subs which is just what you need on a team like that, just use 4 orb changers as subs and you're ready to go.

Also as a sub 3 rows are strong but she's like Blue and Red Odin, just awakenings, no good active.

18. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Spiral Fist Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    Art is good thats all that matters

19. Roaz

Roaz Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Art is great, except for the weird alien baby smelling her butt.

20. TheSeiferOne

TheSeiferOne Spiral Fist Star Angel Event Manager

User ID:
    364 034 295
    PADherder:
    link
    Thats the best part tho