Veroah team help

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Murdurus, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I just pulled Veroah today but I'm not sure how to build her team. I usually play combo teams so I can just put whatever subs I want and still be okay but when it comes to Veroah, it seems like she will likely want dark row awakenings. So I'm wondering, what does a typical Veroah team look like?

I'm thinking Pandora(s), Akechi(s), Nees and/or Gremory are solid choices. I also have D.Valk and Beach Valk which also acts as fast dark orb changers. Eschamali and Persephone also seem like solid choices for generating a constant flow of dark orbs but will likely make making 5+ combos difficult since they double orb change; not exactly the worst thing that could happen since Veroah has combo orb awakenings. In terms of FUA options, I have Planar who seems like a likely candidate for her active, H.Cotton albeit bindable but on a shorter cooldown and Kamimusubi who's active really doesn't bring much to the table but I can just slap a utility assist onto her; R.Pandora also has FUA as an SA so she's a potential (bindable) candidate as well.

I, of course, can simply pass up on focusing on row subs since her damage and own dark row awakenings are more than sufficient for just about everything but most orb changers tend to have row awakenings anyway. I can opt for 7c's but making a dark row and 7 combos isn't guaranteed unless I use a +combo active.

Any thoughts or ideas as to how I should build out her team? She seems fun and honestly, I'm kind of bored of playing 7c/combo leads as good as they are and would like some variety. I don't usually have problems building teams but Veroah is a combination of rows and combos and I'm not sure how to go about it.

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Quick question: Did you already evolve Veroah?

If you only have one Veroah, I would advise leaving her in her base form for her unique (except for Halloween Zaerog) LS that increases drop rates:

Source: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=4649

If you already evolved her or choose to evolve her, I'd recommend stacking TE and monsters with rows and actives that can generate enough dark orbs to consistently match dark rows on most, if not every, turn.

As for playing row + 7c leads, I recommend starting by matching your row at the bottom then working your way up the board.

Something like this would be an ideal solve: https://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=0mSE2R0

EDIT: Or you be less ambitious like me and just try to shoehorn in horizontal solves, like so:

One of the biggest problems for leads like evo Veroah are resolve floors, clouds, and vertical tape. Plan accordingly. It's easy to default to heart columns and FUA to solve resolve floors, but older solutions like delay, poison, and strong shields are still valid, depending on the specific floor.

Some top evo Veroah subs off the top of my head: Chuan, Lajoa, AD Luci, Sheena, Pandora, Loki, and combo orb Satsuki (see, there is a use for her!).

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Lead Veroah paired with RD Lajoa is really strong and slept on. 2x HP 270x atk and 3xrcv with a shield.

4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I already evolved her. I suppose I could have kept her unevolved to farm for rainbow event tickets but I'd rather have another leader to play with rather than a niche leader for occasional events.
    Hm, that's interesting and something to keep in mind. The thing that kind of sucks about that combination is that I need to watch what kind of subs I bring and if I want maximized damage, I'd have to match 8 dark orbs rather than the 6. I think this combination might be more reserved for if I'm expecting to have to stall since I'll get the 2x HP and 3x RCV.

Tek7 likes this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Stacking as many dark row as you can is the only way. Fortunately, many cards with multiple dark rows have quite low CD such as Archdemon Lucifer, Oda Nobunaga, Chuan (MVP sub for row Veroah) and generates enough dark orbs for activation. You probably will also need a combo drop somewhere to bypass high combo shield but for enemies without combo shield, 5 combo with one dark row will kill most if not all (depends on how many rows you're stacking and Killer Latent or SA choices).

6. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hm, I might have to consider Chuan, I'm just not looking forward to burning 30 Badpys for skill ups and her active does hurt but I guess as long as I have 3 hearts on the board, I would heal back to full anyway.

7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Halloween Myne is also a good candidate for assist carrier. 1-turn CD and packs a Team HP awakenings.

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tested Chuan vs. Eschamali and Eschamali comes up ahead by quite a bit. Also, the fact that Eschamali generates dark orbs for me for 4 turns is pretty big albeit at the cost of a longer CD. The only thing that I don't like about Eschamali is that she is my only bindable sub at the moment.

I'm currently running Eschamali / Gremory / Bradley / Planar

After playing with the team for a bit, I'm still not really confident in Veroah's ability to clear things without a problem. Her damage is without a doubt incredible; my Bradley and Planar each breaks 50M with 7 combos and a dark row but she needs to keep a steady stream of dark orbs coming in otherwise, she won't have damage or a shield. Perhaps I'm just spoiled from playing Vraska and Ed for so long and not having to worry about how many orbs on the board and being able to tank hits without much problems to appreciate Veroah for what she is. Of course, the fact that Megatron exists doesn't help the matter either. I definitely don't think Veroah is bad but then again, row leads has always kind of had flaws, mostly from abilities that hinder the board and there's a plethora of them at the higher end dungeons.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  9. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Veroah playsuch like Yog in terms of orbs needed. You gotta have a steady supply of dark orbs, save when you have more. Just a 5 combo with one dark row killed most things if you stack row enhance. I've seen as many as 21 rows in one team. I wonder if anyone has 4 Alnair and put Zuoh weapon on all, no doubt you'll always have 6 dark orbs each turn. Bad news is Alnair doesn't have SBR :(

10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did you mean Diadem? You can run Raguel with an unbindable equip (forgot who it was) to get all your SBR needs or alternatively, equip Sumires onto Diadems for SBRs; the SBR badge also works too. Regardless, we know that haste teams are kind of just gimmicky and for funzies anyway so it'd be kind of pointless to even attempt to make that team.

Yeah, I know, I try to save up orbs when I can but sometimes, RNG just doesn't give me dark orbs. My team has 12 rows + Eschamali and the damage is more than sufficient but I feel like I'm playing it wrong if I'm not getting 7c's to maximize my damage with Bradley and Planar; yes, I know, I don't need 200M damage to clear a floor under most circumstances but I like big numbers.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    sgt502 likes this.
  11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah Diadem. Right.