Version 7.5 and Android 5.1 Music Bug (Video Included)

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Chirei, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

(I have no idea to where to post this so I just decided on the General thread)

So a friend has this very strange problem. Whenever the music would loop in PAD, the game stutters for a second, in and out of a dungeon. As one might imagine, this makes it extremely irritating to play. It didn't happen until the new version was installed, but we have no idea if it's the new version of PAD or Lollipop doing it.

If anyone might have any knowledge of what's going on here, we would deeply appreciate it!

Video of the freezing bug in action here.

2. malhas

malhas Active Member

User ID:
    I noticed this when playing but thought it was something punctual since it only happened once. It messed up my combo against Zeus-Dios...

3. Dubby

Dubby Dubulubu ♥

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Turn off sound?

Edit: Ignore me. lol

4. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    I've been getting this too what the fuck I thought it was my phone bugging out but my combos would just periodically break while I was still moving my orbs

5. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    They want your stones. And want them now.

6. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

Yeah, we're still not sure what it is. We've run some tests and even data recovery doesn't work (The music still plays when redownloading and causes lag even there, so it's probably something even more internal than the files that data recovery redownloads.)

7. Dubby

Dubby Dubulubu ♥

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well recovery only redownloads the binfiles, the music files are within the apk and another binfile that doesnt get redownloaded afaik. Try data install feature in the options, that should help as it installsadditional files extracted from the apk source.

And let me know if that worked or not.

Edit: also make sure to restart your phone after you did the data install.

8. Matsuri

Matsuri My PK Magnet only attracts silver eggs. :(

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hey, I'm the friend mentioned in the OP. Thanks for posting this, Chirei.

I just ran a data install and that didn't seem to do anything --I did restart my phone, too.

I also sent the video to Gungho NA's twitter, and their response so far was asking me what device I'm using and if I'm rooted or not. (For the record, using Nexus 5 running Android 5.1, not rooted).

I sent a support ticket in as well with the video and the error log I got from running a live log while running PAD. Whenever the music would loop, this would pop up:

I assume the error is in those last two lines. I'll post updates if I get anything from Gungho support as well. Hopefully this can be fixed ASAP. I'm pleased to see it's not a problem exclusive to me (no one else in my group of friends had the problem).

EDIT: Update: Got a twitter response saying that I did what I wanted them to do by sending the support ticket. Will give further information when it comes!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  9. Matsuri

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    PAD Support's answer:
    So basically, telling me to do a data recovery, which I've already done, and it fixed nothing.

This is rather frustrating.

10. Dubby

Dubby Dubulubu ♥

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What did you expect lol... they wont do anything in those cases. Did you do the things i mentioned above? I askd for feedback regarding that. If you did, then im out of ideas.

11. Matsuri

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I did say I tried the data install and restarted my phone and it didn't work. :p

But yeah, I'm kind of at a loss here. I've made gungho aware of it, that's the best I can do. Hopefully they do *something*.

12. JCPRuckus

JCPRuckus That guy from that thing you like.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been on 5.0 on my Nexus 6 this whole time because I saw this post. Then my phone turns on in my pocket and the update notification gets pressed. Now my game skips.

So has there been any further communication from GungHo on this? Because this blows.

13. Matsuri

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not a single word. I can't say I'm surprised.

You can more or less get around the lag by going to Settings > Developer Options > Use AwesomePlayer (depreciated) and restart your device.

This will cause PAD to take a long while to start up (roughly 10-15 seconds), which is annoying, but you won't have any issues past that.

14. JCPRuckus

JCPRuckus That guy from that thing you like.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Okay, thanks for the info... I haven't actually had it skip during a dungeon yet. Or at least not while I was comboing (I keep forgetting to pay attention otherwise). So I might just live with it in the menus... Or maybe 5.1.1 will fix it (unlikely). Way to lack customer support, GungHo!

15. Matsuri

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As someone on 5.1.1 right now, I can surely say the answer is no, it does not.