[Video] Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Quest level 10 - Solo

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by sgt502, Feb 26, 2019.

1. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is the top level of the Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Quest. Still with a fixed team and the enemy has over 200M of HP while the team only has less than 30k HP. It's only one battle but the enemy has a kill shot when being dropped to 10% or less HP.

The idea here is to chip in the enemy's HP without using any skills, save heart and only do 5 combo to get the shield up, then go for a kill when there are 5 or more Light orbs on board, use Gouki (Akuma) and possibly Ryu, make an L-match with Light orbs and hope it would kill. Gouki's skill will helps to bring in more skyfall (although sometimes that's just doesn't work out the way we want it to be).

Aquablast likes this.
  2. Aquablast

Aquablast Dedicated Dragon User

User ID:
    Great timing. I was just doing this, and failed for... I don't know, 4 times? I quit when I finally found out (first hand) that the boss has a kill shot when dropped below 10%.

A 9 combo Light L when the boss is near 10%... Maybe I'll try using Ken's skill for that 1 combo boost if that won't end up erasing light orbs. If I'm really desperate, I guess R. Mika's skill might give me 5 light orbs (which would then allow you to use Ken's skill with messing up the board). Maybe 7 combo with two Light Ls could also be enough if the boss HP was near 10%? Not sure. I wish I have a better sense for HP gauging.

Is it really worth saving the hearts though? Sometimes your heart orbs get shuffled away, and if you have Akuma's active, you can drop your HP below 50% instantly when you need it.

Anyway, I guess I'll try again.

3. Aquablast

Aquablast Dedicated Dragon User

User ID:
    Yes. I finally cleared it by using everyone's skill (except Ryu, who is on cooldown at the point), and being lucky enough to get 5 light orbs after using R. Mika's board shuffling. My final blow was 7 combo with a Light L, plus all five element attack for R. Mika's Guard Break. I really wasn't doing too great, since R. Mika's skill should have given me enough orbs for a 7 combo (which will become 8 thanks to Ken), yet I think I only matched 5 combo, and was saved by skyfall and Ken's combo boost. I probably wouldn't have made it without reaching that crucial 7 combo point (and maybe triggering R. Mika guard break too).

sgt502 likes this.
  4. James1605

James1605 Active Member

Thanks for posting this. I'd made a couple of attempts and wasn't even close, so I came to the forum looking for tips. I haven't actually watched the video, but I got a couple of important things from your post. The first was a reminder that Akuma's LS gives you a damage reduction when you get 5 combos. I'd looked at his LS when I entered the dungeon, but that part hadn't fully registered, and damage reduction is obviously a big help here. The other part was when you said to wear him down without using Active Skills. In my first attempts, I immediately used Akuma's skill to drop my health, to boost my attack. This is obviously a bad idea, since healing is not easy, but it just didn't occur to me until I saw your post.

So, I went back in, didn't use any skills, and tried to make combos and heal when I could, and made it through.

The funny part is that after all of that, I actually ended up killing him by accident. :) My health had gotten pretty low and he probably had 60% left or something like that. I did the normal thing of trying to make at least 5 combos, and maybe heal a little if there were heal orbs (I can't remember), and did not try to make any L's or anything like that. But then the skyfall gods smiled on me and I ended up with around 10 combos or something like that, and he was dead. I really don't know how I managed to kill him with that much health left. It was scary watching his health fall, worrying that he was going to end up in his rage zone, but then it just kept falling. :) I actually don't think that I used a single Active Skill in the whole dungeon.

Oh, for the record, I was playing co-op with myself, so I had almost twice the HP. That's the only reason that I lasted long enough to get that lucky shot.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    sgt502 likes this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wasn't using Mika because I thought it wasn't too unreliable. Perhaps I'd use it when I'm in dire need to heal.

Actually it'd be easier to kill him when he's above 50% since he won't put up his 50% shield. The hard part is we don't know how big the damage the team dealt so yeah it's kinda scary when you see his health dropped and feared that it won't kill and he killed you instead.