War Beauty and the Demon Beast: Minerva x Ilm vs Arena 1 Solo

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by ViewtifulGene, Dec 14, 2016.

1. gottasmile

gottasmile Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    THANK YOU!!! I (finally) cleared Arena 1 for the first time, thanks to you (and a Raphael inherit:)) **so much happy dancing**

I don't know anyone who plays PAD in real life, and I don't consider myself to be a very awesome gamer . . . and having some guidance made it possible for me to do something I didn't really ever expect to accomplish.

If it interests anyone, this is the team I used:
    Revo Minerva + Vaan
    Ilm + Raphael
    Flame Dragon Caller Tsubaki + red cyberdragon
    Revo Hino
    Gadius
    Ilm

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    ViewtifulGene likes this.
  2. Korai

Korai Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My go-to team for Arena 1 farming is Ilm/Sub Tsubaki/Saria/A.Cao Cao/Sub Ilm/Minerva

A. Cao Cao has A. Amaterasu inherited for bind clear, although I'm likely going to switch it to Sakuya for the gravity on the L.Kali floor. Only other inherit is on the friend Minerva leader, which my BF runs RGY for bind clear/fire generation.

The team runs pretty smoothly, I match 1 fire, 1 light on sopdet and try not to combo too much, popping Tsubaki if I need to. For Parvati, I get her to around 60% by matching either light/fire rows only, or 1 light, 1 fire combo, then pop A. Cao Cao for the delay, and take her out with the same. It's risky and skyfalls can ruin it, but it generally works pretty well. Another alternative is if you're guaranteed to have a bind clear on Minerva, you can inherit orochi on a sub instead for much more comfort (also could help with Sopdet as well, in case skyfalls mess you up).

Sopdet and Parvati are the only floors that ever give me trouble - even with one Ilm, the RCV boost is remarkable and makes stalling incredibly easy on resisted floors. Only other notable floor is Kali - DKali goes down in one hit every time, since my team's light heavy and has plenty of rows. LKali is a bit more troublesome, an Ilm board or Gravity+Saria/Tsubaki brings it below 65% and then another Ilm board finishes her off

3. dragoonj

dragoonj Active Member

FYI gravity actually helps a lot more than you think - to escape the nuke you don't actually have to "do 21M damage", you have to "get Kali down to 19.5M health" and a 20% gravity like Sakuya reduces Kali's health from 30M to 24M, meaning you only have 4.5M hp to go, so 9M after shield, or 1.5M per card.

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  4. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I thought Sakuya was 15%, not 20%.

5. Grenddel

Grenddel Member

User ID:
    341.176.228 alt: 304.371.241
    PADherder:
    link
    Kirin is 20%. Only old school Zaerog and it's various ultimates are 15%. And some wierd blue piece of shit named Tonberry King from the Crystal collab we'll never see.

6. Guvitron

Guvitron Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just built up my Revo Minerva team, first 3 runs in arena were fails due to various screwups by me. Then I hit a stride of beating it a bunch of times with the lineup of Minerva(ASakuya) / Gadius / Sub Tsubaki / Yamato (yamato) / ACC (DL batman) / Ilm. This team was pretty good, but I was pretty low on HP thanks to Gadius. So I hypered my Revo Kagu, and tossed Gadius active on him. This gives nice triple TPA dmg for most floors, and a TON more hp. Also no need to worry about devil killer to complicate Parvati spawn.

I really like this team a lot. Shieldra floor can suck it though! I swear i get 1-2 red ones like 80% of the time.

7. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Running Minerva/Yamato/Ilm/tsubaki/leilan/ilm, and for the life of me i can't beat parvati, who seems to love me (encountered her 3/4 of my runs, died to lkali on the exception) only time i encountered sopdet i was able to kill, but parvati is a death sentence, even with only both leads hypered. Both colors and 2 combos causes red to overflow, and one color + 3 combos means i die to her enrage. less than 4 combos means i die to damage as i can't heal enough. Help?

8. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This is your problem. More HP eggs and the HP+15% badge should allow you to tank Himalayan Anger. At that point, Parv can't stop you. 90% of the danger in Parv is not being ready for the rage hit, such that having a shield or delay helps less than it should.

If you can't get the HP badge, you may need to inherit a shield or long delay. Not ideal, but better than nothing. Alternatively, each wood latent reduces the damage of Parv's rage hit by 310. You may be able to make up the difference with those.

9. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i have the hp badge and was using it for a total of 28k hp. i guess i do have the +297s floating around needed to hyper the rest.

10. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    I love Minerva x Ilm for Arena, only reason I've failed more times than I've succeeded is because I got Sopdet 3 runs in a row and failed all of them :angelic: But what else was I supposed to expect when I seem to consistently skyfall 10 - 12 combos on the turn she would have tied if that hadn't happened?

11. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Delay, shield, pray. In order of priority...

12. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    beat arena for the 1st time last night with this. now to farm

13. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For people that like to DC A1, but don't like dying to Parv, I would highly recommend finding space for Revo Kagutsuchi on your team. He has a fuckton of HP to help you hit the requisite 31K for Himalayan Anger.

RageSedai and Jsttu like this.
  14. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    is it only 31k? thought it was more. i think i have 33k or so, so cross her off the list then :)

15. Eustace

Eustace Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For anyone who hasn't tried the new one-shot dungeon yet, I tried it today with my Minerva/Ilm team and 0 stoned it even though I'm mediocre at board solving (although I kept it together well enough to get past Lakshmi and Lucifer). I had the Linthia version, which made the boss floor pretty easy (oneshot even without awakenings).

The team was:
    Minerva (A. Sakuya inherit)
    Tsubaki
    Other Tsubaki (Orochi inherit)
    Awoken Cao Cao
    Ilm
    Ilm friend

Aside from being nervous about the resolve floors, there weren't really any close calls. It felt much tamer than A1 (which was a stark contrast to the previous one-shot dungeons).

16. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    i'm looking for minerva or ilm friends; i have both (minerva is in spot 1). minerva always has some bind clearer on her.
    ID: 336,376,288

17. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    4 failed runs on A1 today
    minerva(sakuya)|tsubaki, cao cao (saria), yamato (ilm), ilm | ilm

first was just me being dummy and nervous missed matches on round 2 (?!) got wadatsumi.
    next two both on grisar (F16) due to trying to stall just too long and getting orb trolled/not being aggressive enough with skills.
    just now got to zaerog and just miscalculated how much HP i could absorb and died.

calling it a night will try again.

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  18. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    At least you're making progress. Not sure if your PH is up to date but if so you some more plusses should help a lot. And for arena, you might want quicker cool downs and/or haste. As much as I love Ilm perhaps yanking Saria off ACC and putting her in your sub Ilm spot would help. Awakenings are worse but you have a kill board at 10 plus haste. Full Ilm boards are only needed a few times in A1, so quicker activation might help.

That team is awesome for shorter dungeons though.

19. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    you know that's super helpful, i see a lot of teams with saria on there and never got the logic (stats aren't that great, awakening either). it's all just due to timing of her active to certain floors. i seem to run a deficit of light orbs and was wondering how people deal with that (most teams seem fire heavy and never carry a "just light orb maker").

yea i def need to +egg the crap out of the whole team (yes PH is up to date on the important monsters at least).
    minerva (sakuya) | tsubaki, cao cao, yamato (ilm), saria | ilm. i'll give it a try...

20. awanger

awanger Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    success! that team above worked perfectly even with meager +eggs. i needed 2 shots on Lkali and only had an active for the first burst + gravity, able to stall and save enough orbs for a red row and light tpa kill shot. got lucky and missed sopdet and pavarti.
    learning point here: cramming in more skill inherits isn't always better.

first arena clear, months in the making. reward? the py i need the least of (green)...

Jsttu and Freddyfudrucker like this.