Water-based DAth team

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Tyizor, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Would a water-based DAth team be a viable choice for specific situations like:
    Dungeons where the boss has a Dark absorb (ex. MHera)
    People like me that have 80% SBr teams because Loki lowkey hates me (But have somehow rolled 2 Andros). It can also easily be row-based while using tpa's on trashier floors.
    In cases like Arena it poses the advantage of having more damage control on Vishnu and Parvati. Karin becomes a potential substitute for Haku (I don't have Karin though), Blonia adds to the hp pool if you need that (don't have blonia either >.>), I&I can function as a loki substitute, and claire becomes another option if you're running both andro and I&I.
    I know you're cutting your damage a bit, but I feel like it doesn't matter *too* much if you're running rows. Thoughts? (I know it's probably not Arena 3 worthy, but i felt it might be useful for farming MHera or something).

Edit: If we're being honest, I just wanna use my water-tpa subs, but I didn't roll Julie or Amon, and Nut kinda sucks :s. I just want to know the pros/cons of this settup.

2. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dath requires dark to activate, so MHera will still absorb unless you use all blue subs with non-dark subatts, and then you would still have to hope that all of your subatts outdamage your friend lead Dath's main att damage. Honestly I dont think you would be able to do it if you used any dark subatts, which means no Blonia, no I&I, etc. And it would still be a toss-up. There are much better teams for MHera farming.

3. Tyizor

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Out of curiosity, what teams are out there (outside of co-op)? I know Kushi is an option, and I've used her, but she requires more thinking. DAth has been my most reliable option by far so far, but even then I get screwed over by the absorbs if I'm unlucky (I've had her alternate D/B over and over until I popped both indras >.>).

4. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know Myr can do it. Ive soloed it with Xmas Gremory too. I am sure you could probably do it with Kaede. Heart cross had a much easier time with that dungeon. There are plenty of co-op swipe builds too, with the right setup you can beat it with double ganesha. There was also a carry build to do it with MZeus too if I remember correctly.

Tyizor likes this.
  5. Tyizor

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hmm, I'll think about Kaede. Heart cross is just so slow, and i'm not too big of a fan of the playstyle. Thanks!

6. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
  7. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Any decent Water/Wood/Fire teams can do it. I've beat her dungeon with Sarasvati before, and am farming her with DAthena co-op (luckily I have Serket on both of my accounts and I have Indra to stall her first two turns absorbs. After that, I just pop Angelious and burst. Just in case I get unwanted skyfall ruining though so far, I only get either Red or Dark absorbs on the following turns.

Tyizor likes this.
  8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    If you're asking whether it's worth spending 750k mp for a blue DAthena team, the answer's basically no. If you already have her and you want to play around with blue subs, why not?