We can rebuild him. We have the technology. (aka A Tale of Two Zeuses)

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by MisterDrgn, Jun 9, 2016.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Hands up, everyone whose first hypermax monster was Zeus! ...no one? That's what I thought. Time for some history. And yes, you can click on the dates for links to very old posts.

4/6/13: My First Zeus
    After playing mostly Ama/Odin and Valk, I'd been lucky enough to pull Ra (newly released) and Thor in a godfest. I developed my rather unimpressive Ra team, which included Graviton Earth Dragon, my best green monster, completed it with a recently obtained Hera, and cleared Zeus Descended in only 7 stones! I had been fearing considerably worse, after hearing stories of people buying a Zeus for stupid numbers of stones. This was exciting because Zeus was the first 3x leader in the game, with the highest attack multiplier outside of Egyptian teams.

7/11/14: My First Hypermax
    Zeus lost favor after Valk got a 3x multiplier. But when Zeus finally got buffed to 3.5x, we brought him back. More than a year after getting him, I finally finished skilling him up, making him my first hypermax monster! Yeah, stuff was harder back then. Admittedly, he was kinda becoming obsolete even as I finished him, but he became a true passion project for me--the monster at the center of my PAD identity. I and a cadre of other Zeus fans set out to clear whatever we could with the guy, and while he wasn't the best for many dungeons, he did prove useful for clearing stuff like KoG. Plus for a while he was everyone's favorite Twinlit clearer.

8/9/14: My First TEC Clear
    Shortly afterward, I achieved my first TEC clear, with Kirin. At the time, we discussed how awesome but difficult it would be to clear TEC with Zeus. The full hp requirement is a real PITA over the last few waves.

9/28/15: Finally! Clearing TEC with Zeus and Saying Goodbye
    It took over a year, and 16 TEC clears with other leads (including Verche and Lemon Dragon) before I achieved my dream--a Zeus TEC clear. It was exciting not only because I had achieved my (it felt like) lifelong dream, but because it meant I could finally get rid of Zeus. At this point, Zeus was thoroughly obsolete, and rather than buffing him, GH had released Zeus&Hera, who were better in every way. So a short time after achieving the clear, I bid Zeus a fond farewell (and breathed a sigh of relief, after smashing my head against TEC with him too many times).

5/3/16: A New Hope(/Zeus)
    I never regretted feeding off Zeus, but I did find a new need for gravity--for Thor/Saria in Arena. Unfortunately, Zeus&Hera weren't really good enough because an optimal team with my suboptimal options would leave me with only 80% sbr (tho I did try it once). I need a Zeus with sbr. I needed Machine Zeus. After discussing it on and off over a long period of time, @win8x and I cleared Machine Zeus with Anubis teams (he carried, I suck with Anubis), for a total cost of 3-4 stones. Only half of what I paid for that original Zeus.

With MZeus' help, I've gone 2 for 2 in Arena 1 with Thor/Saria team (I made an Arena clear post below...I put off making one until I could collate all this history). And at this moment, I am feeding Machine Zeus his final couple piis. We have come full circle, and Zeus is complete again.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. win8x

win8x Light Dominion

Full circle indeed. Thanks for this trip down memory lane. Nostalgia hypermaxed. :happy:

nickjr, Nez, dms1485 and 1 other person like this.
  3. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
  4. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    As I mentioned, Thor/Saria with MZeus is 2/2 in Arena 1 now. I realize I'm late to the party, but with no Pollux, Apollo, or Apoc, I had to bring Valk, which meant I couldn't make a strong 100% sbr setup without MZeus. Overall, I think the current team is pretty stable, tho it's slow, so I probably won't run with it too often. And I could always screw up and die.

Actually I screwed up a fair bit on the first run, and it was still okay. This was completed on 5/24:

15 -- Meimei. Oops, used up my DQ earlier. Had to pop Wukong + Valk + Thor (or something?) on the first turn.
    16 -- Really overreacted to Grisar. Popped MZeus, which was a pain 'cuz I had to get him back in time for Kali.
    17 -- Light Zeus was very generous. I ground him down too quickly while stalling for actives, but he never used his 29k attack, and somehow he didn't use his God bind, even though he was slightly below 50%?? (Would have been okay tho.) Killed with Valk.
    18 -- Threedia was kinda scary with no Valk. Stalled till just before the bind, then killed with Thor + Wukong (horded enough for two rows).
    19 -- Saria was ready for Beelz, but I got Hera-Ur. Stalled a few turns to finally get MZeus back, then popped some actives for the two row kill.
    20 -- DKali makes things a bit easier, tho the constant skill delay is annoying. After MZeus, I stalled a bit, then popped actives to kill her slightly above 50%.

Dunamos, Ryeee, win8x and 4 others like this.
  5. Infinity1176

Infinity1176 lf hkali

User ID:
    338 108 334
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh man, I still remember getting that L/L Zeus and being so hyped.

Can't believe that that was over 2 years ago now.

samuelburtt likes this.
  6. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    Niiiice! I am working on zeus now, too. Need soooooooo many piis! I remember you getting zeus. :) Back before preemptives were everywhere!

samuelburtt and MisterDrgn like this.
  7. notkyle7

notkyle7 The cats- they are being looked at yes

PADherder:
    link
    It is good to see you with Zeus again~

MisterDrgn and dms1485 like this.
  8. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
    I need someone to sponsor me a m.zeus... @_@

9. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Will he eventually become fodder for Machine Meimei?

10. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh god. The voltronning will be unreal.

Yes, he probably will.

MZeus + MHera + 3 of (Ult Gainaut/Lith/Volsung/Z8/Nordis) = :bigtears:

11. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think we're beyond Voltron at this point. We already have a few ults that use Voltrons as materials. At this point it's more like Gurren Lagann.

12. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze memes

User ID:
    memes
    I swear, if this actually gets implemented I'm going to unfriend, block and report you m8[​IMG]

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  13. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didn't have a hyper one, but I do have a hyper D/L that was originally L/L un-hypered that was used to clear the Friday dungeon when that was first released.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  14. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    @win8x @Infinity1176 Two of the originals on the L/L Zeus friend list, booyeah!

Have you got an Anubis?

God, I hope not. Actually Meimei was for my Osiris team, another team that was obsolete before it was even finished thanks to Thor/Saria. She didn't get too much use, but she did play a critical role in my first AAma C10 clear. And running Vishnu is fun.

Maybe Osiris and Vishnu will new evos to make them more relevant, but for now green isn't doing much for me (sorry @samuelburtt).