Well, I awakened Izanagi. Time to put him in the corner to rot...

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by scrubbo, Sep 21, 2016.

1. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    I don't see him replacing Myr....

2. chiubag

chiubag Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I haven't de-evo'ed my L/D Izanagi... I have a max-skilled Myr (first Uevo only) and don't really see a point in getting this Awoken version. His awakenings aren't much better than L/D Iza...

3. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm planning on doing a co-lead between Iza and Myr. Myr brings the time extensions, and Iza brings the RCV. 2x is good enough for general stalling, because stalling while making heart crosses doesn't always happen. Net shield is sufficient. He'll be great for places like Arena much like what Rage said.

I've got Baal for my L/D needs, anyways.

Fam-iel and RageSedai like this.
  4. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is there a HP/Attack lead to pair him up with? Seems like with his built in shield and 2x to rcv you could make a very stable tank team.

5. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    I think Izanagi is a step down from Myr, something to use until people can farm for Myr.

6. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Eh, not really. There's Saria (who is neither balanced nor god) and only reaches full power when you use an active, and then Apollo which makes for cumbersome LS juggling by wanting both heart cross and light+green combo. He too is neither god/balanced. Another Iza or Myr or bust, imo.

7. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well that kinda sucks then. I mean to have an awoken form REM card to be less desirable than a farmable. Hopefully something or new evo for say LZL or something could make the perfect future pairing.

Well what about Kanna? 1.5hp 3.5attack? Hmm still low.

8. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I made him.

I easily worked up his EVO materials days/weeks ago even to have ready and didn't really need to go out of my way to do so for drops since stuff like challenge dungeons or whatever else happened along the way to that

Yes, I already have Light Myr worked up for most part too.

I've always liked the idea of Izanagi, and he actually (along with the Wonder Twins) brought me through alot of content progression way back when when I used to win nasty dungeons leading with Umi/Yama

I now have x3 Izanagi flavors hanging in my box maxskilled and Tama'd up:

L/L : with the YamaP pull-it-and-buff-it buffs n chit
    L/D: also with the YamaP pull-it-and-buff-it buffs n chit

and now:

L/W Awoken Izanagi

I'll dump light XP into him for sure.....and he'll be ready to roll when/if I ever need him, as an unrealized useful sub for "somewhere" and maybe as a lead. Same with L/L and L/D UEVOs too, great awakenings really and total package

His leaderskill seems enough such that they might call leaderskill "done" for now.

I bet you they tweak his active skill a bit more in the coming weeks somehow.

x2 burst on 6-turn cooldown to *TWO* types is actually not too bad for some things.....maybe a creative inherit as well....but things start to get a lil crazy and raise eyebrows if they end up tweaking that to x2.5-x3 burst on a 6-turn cooldown maybe

I think his active skill maybe needs some work somehow, like maybe make his 100k damage true-damage instead (why isn't it true damage? LOL) because he does have baggage with the self-gravity 50% HP thing he does too

His active ends up working out to be a wierd "meet you halfway but not full suicide" Angel Lucifer Morning Star kind of thing with a God/Balance burst to compensate some chit

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  9. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm fine with it. It's actually a breath of fresh air. For the longest we'd see how great a card is, then everyone wants to roll for example Liu Bei, or whatever the best & most popular card is at the moment. Just hoping for lucky rolls or buying lots of packs chasing that card. With Myr, its nice that any player regardless of where they are in the game can eventually get this top flight leader if they choose. If your team is no good, you'll know what improvements to make so you can get Myr and max skill her. You'll also have to make teams to clear dungeons like Nordis or Ultimate God Rush to get an Elia so you can evolve her. I feel like this is back in the day when Goemon, Light Valk, normal Zeus and other descend bosses were strong, farmable options as leaders & you actually had a reason/motivation other than the stone to try your best to clear the descend.

nickjr, Tarrusin and RageSedai like this.
  10. Tarrusin

Tarrusin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This right here. I remember when the go to recommendation for new players was "work on getting a light valk and get echidna and shynee" lol. Myr is a welcome change from the recent norm. Though.. farming her well enough to max skill is a challenge all its own.

Jph81, Sherufanir and RageSedai like this.
  11. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    In all fairness to his active skill, his burst now covers two types, his nuke is ~60% stronger than before, and the cooldown went down by 1 at the cost of a 50% health break that is largely pointless since it's synergistic with his leader skill and may get him in play inherited on Jize in a D.Meta team for example. Though I admit the health loss may hurt his chances as a general sub.

I wouldn't be upset if the damage was made true damage, that would actually be awesome! But I'm pretty satisfied with his active as is.

12. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    The pairing works fine & the recovery multiplier from Izanagi actually helps a lot. I used my Myr with an A.Izanagi buddy and made it to floor 19 in Extreme Endless without incident. I would've made it further, but I had Osiris at about 10% and Apocalypse gave me a board full of hearts and I messed up the cross then lost. I'm going to stick with my Myr friends, but the toughest part about the A Izanagi + Myr combo is finding enough A.Izanagi friends. I have 32 Myr friends and only 2 A.Izanagi.

RageSedai likes this.
  13. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I on the other hand have a TONNE of B.Myr friends but only a handful of Myrs none of whom are up all that often.

14. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Well I also have 17 Blue Myr friends as well.

15. scrubbo

User ID:
    It was a happy day when I got my Valk/Shynee/Enchilada team running. FINALLY I could farm Hera without grinding the dungeon! The best, most stable team in the game, at that brief moment before the Chinese came on the scene, was fully farmable. Not EASILY farmable, but farmable. (Realistically, enchilada was a nightmare before we got the survey dungeon.)

foxwaffles and Tarrusin like this.
  16. scrubbo

User ID:
    You can run BMyr with LMyr, in fact I do that for all color dungeons. It's virtually identical.

17. Iluvatar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I could never max skill my Shynee or Badee, only the blue and green ones. SO.MANY.KINGS.WASTED.

18. scrubbo

User ID:
    I had a friend with a 297 shynee!

RageSedai likes this.
  19. Orange Crush

User ID:
    So what are we all thinking for inherits? *Muse seems like a straight up improvement over his skill.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  20. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I don't think a max leveled CTW would be a bad inherit. If combo shields are a weakness for Heart Cross teams it could help.

What I am realizing is most of the time I don't need the boost, it's not that I do enough damage to clear ragezones easily, it's that with the heartshield and RCV boost, as long as I have 5 hearts on the board I can survive virtually indefinitely.

Indra would be pretty rad as it would function somewhat like a delay, allowing me to survive some of those ridiculous ragehits when combined with a heartcross (up to around 450k for my team) and/or provide the protection hearts would on a dry board. That said, an actual delay functions like a delay which helps with more resolves and other mechanics.

Too bad there aren't many good inheritable Poisons.

Maybe Venus for the enhance+move time buff to counter potentially crippling debuffs and a little help on combo shields or the illustrious A.Ra.

Though an easy one is a Saria to go with Wukong as Apocalypse goes with A.DQXQ for two big burst options (three with L.Escha and Myr), though one might argue Izanagi turns a small burst into a big burst and a big burst into a HUGE burst anyway.

Hmmmmmmmm

RageSedai likes this.