What Are Your Current MP Purchases?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Son_of_Poseidon, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Son_of_Poseidon

Son_of_Poseidon Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What cards have you currently purchased and why did you purchase them? More importantly, do you regret the purchase at all? If so, why?

Right now, I have purchased XM and DAthena. I regret purchasing XM even though I had 3 Uriel's and a Gadius because her reign was short lived due to the cross meta. With DAthena, I don't regret her at all! Unlike XM, when she falls out of meta, she still has a great attack and active skill, so she can be utalized on my future teams. I probably should have looked into that and gotten YomiDra with my first purchase. Oh, well, lol.

2. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Shivadra - my first. Not used at all anymore, but I don't regret because he helped me through so much content and helped me farm so many skill ups way back when.

LINKA - good waifu, but 100% regret. Fun to pair with NYYomi, but never genuinely used for anything. Even as a sub.

YY - also 100% regret. Was told he would do a ton of damage, but never hit anything insane, even with a supposedly good team. Also, we haven't had a non-set team ranking dungeon since I bought him.

Yomidra - eh. Good sub, pretty bad lead. And since I haven't been playing much where he works as a sub (playing lots of Perseph x Dath and RHaku), leaning towards regret.

Planning on getting RaDra soon (I have the MP and the team). I'm missing a couple inherits, notably any gemstone at all, but I still think in co-op I can do pretty much all content. Wish I could afford DAth, but I only have ~400k. Wish I could sell back LINKA and YY, even for half price each.

3. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    YomiDra was my first purchase. I don't regret it since he was an excelent sub for some time, and when the meta shifts, I expect him to be useful again as a dark sub.
    RagDra was my second purchase. It was mainly for shits and giggles, and I wouldn't say that I regret it, but he didn't live up to the giggles I was expecting. I probably should have bout RaDra insetead even if i have 0 DKali's.
    DAthena was my 3rd purchase. No regrets there for the same reasons you mentioned. I pulled my first Haku this fest, so we'll see if she lives up to her hype with 7 combos.

4. ZeroreZ

ZeroreZ I can feel your anger.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First purchase was Yomidra way back in the day when Arena 1 was the ballz. Don't regret at all, I had an amazing team for her and she was my Arena 1 go-to. Even today, she makes a good descend wrecker and has great value as a sub.

Second purchase was a Ragnarok dragon. I regretted this for a little bit because I purchased him with ideas on how I would use him, but they never panned out. That regret changed later on though.

Third Purchase was DAthena, I have an ideal team and assists for her. Enough said?

Fourth purchase was 2x Ragnarok Dragon. I rolled Julie in Heroine REM and suddenly I had an amazing use for my first RagDrag + 2. No more regrets here.

5. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    First: YY
    Comment: I bought him because I was told my blue box was beastly and he would help me clear lots of stuff. However I ended up not using him for very long, and now he is just sitting hypered in my box for nothing. Hopefully they will announce a new evo for him that will bring him back out.

Second: Plum
    Comment: I bought plum the moment D/L (balanced) Akechi was announced. I had always loved her artwork, but originally she had almost no subs. Now-a-days she has a permanent spot on my Anaphon team and I love having her.

Third: Ragnarok Dragon
    Comment: I play a lot of rainbow/combo teams (preferred playstyle). So RagDra is great to have around, especially since I don't own a DKali. I'm even more excited now that his new evo was announced! :)

Fourth: DAthena
    Comment: I originally bought her just to have a good inheritable delay. This was because I didn't really have one until just this morning when I pulled Orochi lmao. It also seemed to make sense since she is a TPA combo lead (which I enjoy). Futhermore, I was already developing my 3 hakus for RevoKushi - so it sort of killed 2 birds with one stone?

PDF3 likes this.
  6. Megalodon

Megalodon Orbally challenged noob

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1. YY
    Reason: Never used him. He was like a trophy. Luckily, this was on my old account.

2. Blue Puppetteer
    Reason: Even though I have switched to other teams, using her on my Minerva cheese team was fabulous. If it wasn't for the fact that the entire team was usually skill bound, I'd still be playing it today.

3. DAthena
    Reason: Even though my team isn't ready to play yet, I know this is going to be good. Have 3 Hakus, Loki and almost ideal inherits. (Carat instead of Facet, Anatyphon instead of Ryune)

7. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    Most current would be dark Athena. I bought her as an Aizen sub. No regrets.

I got shivadrag first day it was available. No regrets. Very fast and strong farmer in his heyday

Neptune drag also bought on first release. No regrets as I have a lot of blue options and I still use nepdrag today as a lead

Yomidrag also on first day he was available for a1 prospects. No regrets since I still use him a lot these days.

Xiang mei. Bought for the art. That violin is worth it. No regrets.

Youyu- bought him since everyone was hyping his damage. Slight regret since the art kinda sucks.

Ra drag I bought when his uvo was announced. Very pleased with him. No regrets

Blue myr- probably my favorite purchase. Still one of the best leads available in my opinion.

Dark Xiang mei- I bought for the art. Easily the best art in the game for me.

I'm going to buy rag drag once his uvo gets live and I'll probably buy eldora of red myr is announced for NA.

8. mtb911

mtb911 Semi Retired Recovering Addict

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1st Purchase: Neptune Dragon...100% regret. Bought it because I had a wicked strong water box. And my starting element was water so I felt some brand loyalty.

2nd purchase: Marionette Charite. No regrets. Used for Minerva cheese team.

3rd purchase: D. Athena. worth every MP point. She hits like a tank and if she ever falls out of the meta she will make a great sub.

Planned future MP purchases: Shivadra (I have the teams and enjoy speedrunning dungeons). Yonidra x2. I don't care if she is old, I have the subs and the playstyle is fun. BMyr. I have a great water box.

9. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    In order:
    Yomi Drag, YY, Orchid, Orchid, Blue Puppet, RaDrag, RagDrag, ShivaDrag, Odin Drag, RagDrag and currently eyeing another RagDrag, sitting at I think 400kish MP.
    The only one I regret are the Orchids because of how little I actually played that team, but she will get a future evo at some point that should be pretty powerful.

YY was able to snag I think 2 out of my 3 crowns and cleared a TON of new content for me. Yomi D was my first arena clear team, after that it was RaDragon after getting my only D Kali and Kanna and after that stuff to farm or new teams.

10. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh snap. I didn't even realize she was inheritable. I'm *still* missing orochi/zeta hydra, so this is very welcome news.
    Is she a special exception, or did MP cards get an update where you can inherit them?

mtb911 likes this.
  11. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    She's one of my inspiration for picking up the violin lol ! Bought her since she was the top lead back then... but it was short lived. Art value though, still one of my favorite.

awkward.fistbumps likes this.
  12. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa told me that she is a special case because she originally was in padRadar for JP. Since we don't have anything equivalent here in NA they put her in the mp shop.

Tyizor likes this.
  13. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    1st - RagDrag. I think I got him specifically for Ronove. So solid: unbindable, perfect killers and awakenings, beastly HP, board change with hearts. I haven't regretted him once and he's probably my most used sub. With no DKali he's been my heartmaker / board changer for most of my rainbow teams (before I made Gainaut): Fenrir, Horus, Sakuya, Ronove. And he's ever-present on any green (non-row) team: Bastet, Parvati. Those leaders / playstyles are my favorite, so he's been part of a lot of fun and tough victories. Carry on RagDrag!

2nd - DAthena. I haven't had as much time to evaluate her, but I'm liking her a lot as a lead and a sub.

14. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    YY - He was great for a short period. First kills on Machine Zeus/Hera when those were hard. No regrets

Yomi D - Played for a while. No regrets.

Ra Dragon - Played for a while. No regrets

Rag Dragon - Used as a sub fairly often. No regrets

DAthena - Co-op with my wife. No regrets. Although if my wife didn't play her I would regret buying DAthena because I rarely play her solo.

Blue Puppeteer - Farmed A3 a LOT with her as a sub. No regrets.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  15. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    I only have Xiumin, bought recently only for the art, but he feels ok paired with Tifa.
    There's still a lot of room for improvement though. On his own, it's either HP badge or RCV badge, you can't have both... Some form of survivability would be great. No skyfall would be good too for easier orb saving.
    No regrets for getting a pretty husbando, but I'll be waiting for his ult.

16. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    (will copy @kiarahakura format since I do like things organized lol)

1st: Yomidra
    Value: MVP. Brought me back in the game. Still used as a sub.
    Status: Absolutely no regret despite killing a lot of rares to get him (~250K worth of REM cards).
    Comment: I quit PAD many years back and started playing again around the time Yomidra was about to come out (I quit due to REM addiction problem). I had so many dupes and didn't want to get reminded of my super regrettable IAP's plus there's too much going on and I needed some focus, so nuked my box to get Yomidra. WORTH.

2nd: Xiang Mei
    Value: On display in art museum.
    Comment: Her days as top lead was way too short. Also can't find any place for her as a sub :(

3rd: You Yu
    Value: Fun lead.
    Comment: I have solid blue subs, but no one to lead them. I really like burst leads and YY was my first arena clear. I still play YY since she's still my best blue lead besides Sumire, who I refuse to lead with because screw cross hearts. The recent 7 combo awakening buff is also a plus. Icicle sound effects are also mysteriously satisfying for me.

4th: Blue Puppeteer
    Value: None. Zero. What is she doing in my box?!
    Comment: Got her to make cheese with Minerva, but never really used her. Farming fire resist latent has been PITA and I still need two to complete the team. My box is flooded with latents I don't have use for. Farming for skill-ups is also a pain. Eventually gave up on the team.

5th: RaDra
    Value: Current main team. Forced me to get better and turns out rainbow is actually fun!
    Comment: For the longest time I hated rainbow teams. Was worried I would regret getting RaDra, but I'm glad it's the opposite now that I've been playing with him. See my :chicken: Story in my sig.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    PDF3 likes this.
  17. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1) Neptune Dragon -- content. He got me my first Arena 1 clear. He's just gathering dust but I feel like I got good mileage out of him

2) Ra Dragon -- mild regret. After getting the goodbye of doom from Sopdet like 5 times in a row I hung him up. Now that fujin's a thing again I could give him a spin; I've got all his core subs anyways with Isis/Kushinada, Kanna, and DKali.

3) Odin Dragon -- happy. Amazing bind clearing/healing, 7c awakening. Haven't played much with him as a lead but I'd imagine it's a complete PITA to get both 7c and double cross on a normal board. Maybe I can get gimmicky with my Susanos to make up for the HP pool.

18. IceC

IceC New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1: Xiu Min
    I use him as a lead sometimes. Bought for the artwork and for funsies. Absolutely no regrets because I love the art so much and I enjoy glass cannons.

2: You Yu
    Bought for funsies. Currently use as a lead and a sub on Rukia. No regrets because it adds variety and I enjoy playing glass cannons.

3: Dark Athena
    I bought this because I couldn't wait for a new MP monster. Some regret because she is fun to play but very expensive. I could have used the MP for more funsies.

19. LordAx

LordAx Thunder God

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yomidra
    Neptune Dragon
    Ragnarok Dragon
    Charite
    Dathena

20. Marr

Marr Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1. Yomidra: Very happy. I bought her as an Anaphon sub a few months ago, and she excels in that role. Turned out I had the subs to make her work as a lead. She also excels in that roll, and I farm A1 with her regularly (she's fast).

2. Dark Athena: Very happy. I bought her to farm A3 and do things that my Anaphon and Yomidra teams struggle with. I haven't started A3 yet, but she's already done some of those things Anaphon and Yomidra struggled with (it's the damage control as much as anything - she has a "medium setting" the others don't).

3. Plum: Very happy. I bought her yesterday as an Anaphon sub with upside (uevo soon?), so I haven't been able to use her yet - but I knew what I was getting and she's gonna fill a role nicely allowing me to shift around some pieces between my teams.

That's 1,350,000 MP farmed, gifted and spent inside of 4 months and it's all gone to good use.

[​IMG]