What are your DZeta team?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by kandjar, Jun 4, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm was wondering what type of team are you building with DZeta if you only have one :D lol

2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Just 7c subs probably.
    Blue Cotton
    Blonia
    BNey.

I don't have zeta but 7c subs can pretty much always contribute something. Especially since his LS doesn't require wierd matching.

3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Although I have such subs, the main issue is TEs! :D
    Neither Clea nor Ney have TEs and DZeta only has 1 :D

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
  5. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Mut is actually good here. She can get good RCV with latents and 3 heart oes. Even more if you put a mizutsune equip to help with just always healing. Gammoth equips give HP and a finger too.

6. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just pulled him so still experimenting but right now im looking at Zeta^Blonia (for stats, this is a placeholder) Amatsu(7c)^Mercuria, Mut(Heart OE)^Anna Equip, Reeche(Cloud)^Uruka(placeholder), Servant Saber(7c)^B-Ney.

wondering how to get poison/jammer resists in there.

7. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    buy a Mut. heal stick, super low cooldown, and 3 TEs.

BonerChamp69 likes this.
  8. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zeta / Mel ! chocolate box / Reeche ! Helen equip / PA Uruka / Hexazeon

Because it's a free world and I can play Zeta like a rainbow lead if I want to.

I'll probably build a "general purpose" Zeta team soon, but the team listed above made for a super easy A3 run.

9. ko300zx

User ID:
    I'm sure you're aware but Amatsu breaks darks. If you are just using for stats/awakenings, guess it works.

IMO waste of MP with Mel and Mizu available. Just use one of the two and the TE badge if you struggle with move time.

10. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah, he's there as an HP stick. having him carry the spike since its an active i wont use often.

i dunno, being able to combine the two is nice. Mel and Mizu are good, but i like Mut's cooldown, makes her a good skill carrier. also, i dunno man, i was sitting on 4M MP, i already have a kuro loop, three ragdra, an odindra, an lhera...i just cant see myself missing the 750k.

11. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Yeah 2 years ago I would agree that spending 750,000 mp on Mut was bad but I don't think we're ever gonna get anything super useful in the mp store anymore.
    It's kinda bullshit.
    They release nothing worth buying in the mp store for a long ass time.
    Nobody buys anything.
    Basically everybody has lots of mp.
    Gungho moves to a new system to sell cards through medals because everybody has mp because nothing was worth buying.
    Ha cool

12. xer 21

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I mean yeah, its to the point where I'm legit considering buying a second Odindra and trading for Yoh so I can use all my Zelas.

speaking of, I have 4 Zelas lol. I'm thinking 7c Zela, Row Zela Row Zela and just stack equips? id, might be worth trading for Yoh lol.

13. ko300zx

User ID:
    We literally just got two new MP cards with Shaman King :D For anyone interested in Ranking Dungeons, Tao Jun is a great pickup if you don't have 5 bicolors with 2 turns haste. I bought one for that reason alone. Tamao is a pretty good sub for anyone who grabbed Yoh and doesn't have the Zela army, with 3 (potentially 4) > 80% HP awakenings and FUA. Higher multi than a 2x 7c sub at 1 combo. They might not be "must buys" but both are certainly useful. Both Kuroyuri and Leo are less than a year old and both are still valuable as well. There's also the possibility of getting Blue Athena in the fairly near future (been out quite a while), and further down the road, the new Myrs.

I mean if you have 4mil MP and have most of that already, maybe it doesn't matter. Either way, I still see it as a waste because Mel is more RCV if you want to go the heart TPA route, and Mizu is just miles beyond both. I just don't see the point in sacrificing even 300k MP if it's a downgrade. Never know when something will pop up you MUST have. Hell, you can just use Yomi and throw on the RCV badge and probably do about the same. Can use a Sitri with the 3x team RCV awakenings. There's so many options. As always, to each their own though :)

14. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Mel heals more but Mut is naturally unbindable and has 3 fingers and more hp. For me that is a big deal. No such thing as a wasted finger. I can see where you're coming from but I haven't regretted buying Mut once.
    Yeah shaman King gave us new cards but honestly neither are exciting. Ranking dungeons are meh.

Blue Athena is confirmed in JP for 5 black medals so 25 rainbows.

15. ko300zx

User ID:
    Both Shaman King cards are more exciting than Mut IMO lol, but as long as you're happy with your purchase that's all that matters. She is just so mediocre to me. Not enough RCV to stand out as a must-have RCV stick. Not enough TE to be a TE stick either. Just mediocre across the board. Swap in a double finger like Khonsu, add a heart OE or two...now you have a 750k MP card. Guess I should have quoted @xer 21 too because I was mostly responding to "buy a Mut. heal stick, super low cooldown, and 3 TEs". Not knocking your purchases, just giving a counter to "go buy it" lol.

All of that is why Mizu is far and away the best choice. Unbindable (super), a finger, and better RCV than both without the requirement of 4 hearts. Not as common as Mel but I know a lot of people have. I get that you can put Mizu on Mut as well but with a team RCV awakening on Mizu, sorta accomplishes the same thing.

I thought Blue Athena was in the MP shop before that. I know she's been around about a year now herself. Thanks for the correction.

Edit: Another case against that purchase, which I was reminded of going back to this vid. If you're just subbing in an RCV stick, color doesn't always matter. It's there for healing only and damage on a non-offensive card is going to be weak anyways. Obviously if you can get on-color for some HP, great, but hardly necessary. Eir, Kanan, etc are all good choices. Eir is a great choice to cover awoken binds.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  16. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    How do you guys feel about D. Zeta so far? For whatever reason, Zeta feels really mediocre to me. I find myself stalling more often than with most bi-color leads, e.g. Kami. And D. Zeta just doesn't seem to tear through dungeons like the other OP leads in my box (e.g. D.Karin, Mariel, etc.). So if you don't mind my co-opting this thread, I wanted to ask the following questions:
    1) How much worse is D.Zeta with no dupes?
    2) How do you approach hp management with Zeta? Do you generally keep your HP high unless you run into floors where you need to hit hard (relying on 7c otherwise) or generally try to stay just below 50%? I imagine this varies by dungeon, but is there a general approach? I have more fun playing haphazardly rather than carefully consulting padx or memorizing spawns, so I like to have a general "tuning" for when a lead is effective. Usually I can figure it out, but I just don't get him (maybe he's just not my style?).
    3) Are any of you using suicide assist skills? I'm considering inheriting something like Revo Izanagi ( really short cd suicide+enhance), R. Luci (heart column for FUA, dark column), Theor (rainbow board guarantees activation, short-ish cd suicide), Durga (enhance, longer cd), or Date Masamune (+2c suicide active) on Isis or Lutina.
    4) Is there a standard team composition for teams without Zeta dupes? My team is currently D. Zeta (VDP SA)/Amatsu (7c SA)/C. Uruka for TEs/Lutina (rotating assists)/flex. The flex slot is usually Uruka if I need a fujin active, a heart OE card (Mel or Eir), UEVO Ryune, Isis, or Chun Li. I suppose I can also evolve water Cotton, but I've been avoiding that because she's inferior to Amatsu on just about any team except this one.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  17. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    DZeta is amazing when you have 2 or 3 dup of him.... without dupes, DMeta is just better.

EDIT: Ignore "2 or"; 3 dups is the way to go :D

Noc likes this.
  18. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, my reaction is that without dupes, Zeta is good, but he's only a god-tier lead if you have a couple dupes. He does absolutely crazy damage after his active is used. And if you have two dupes, you can pop his active every other turn. But if you only have 1-2 of him, he's still solid but he's definitely a step down from leads like ZKitty or DMeta.

Personally I have been using him with as many 7c subs as I can (particularly Blonia and Lutina). It gets the job done. But it's not ideal because it can be challenging to make 7 combos and match blue and dark on a team that doesn't have tons of fingers. There aren't many good water <50% cards other than Zeta himself, so I usually don't bother to keep my hp's below 50%. I just make sure to save a Zeta active for floors where I need to burst and rely on my 7c subs to do damage on other floors.

Another drawback of Zeta compared to leads like DMeta is that there aren't many good VDP options without relying on SA's. I play almost exclusively in coop, so I can't use SA's, and I also don't have Saber. So I'm basically stuck using Blodin whenever I need a VDP, and Blodin doesn't contribute much to the team beyond VDP.

Noc likes this.
  19. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    Thank you @kandjar and @sl946 . That's exactly what I needed to know :) I'll focus more on other teams then! Hopefully the upcoming B&J UEVO will be good. It would be nice for water to have a top tier lead that doesn't require multiple clones for peak performance.

20. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You're very welcome :)

I would love that too, but if I seriously doubt it. GH's upgrade strategy for collab is different than for regular pantheon.
    They want to incline people to roll / trade for new stuff.
    BJ was already consider a very strong leader which got people to acquire it in the past, similar to Yusuke.

EDIT: LOL Talking about the wolf.... u can see his tail... :
    https://pad.protic.site/pad-island-beach-all-buffs/
    https://pad.protic.site/pad-island-2019-full-details/
    It's more likely that a brand new 7* or 8* will be added as a strong lead rather than seeing a significant upgrade for BJ.