What does Aizen need for A3?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ViewtifulGene, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I meant dark sop, there's no way she doesn't heal off a dark match when light, that's why you ping her with waters first.

Hm, I guess go with her then. I will say Hiza is kind of a Heph counter with a long CD inherit since she can let you survive an extra hit from him but far from ideal and that's like the one case where I would probably rather have Lumiel AS.

2. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    So I'm thinking of pulling for Aizen myself since my wife loves hers. I got 3 Awoken Haku and Persephone. It could be 4 Awoken Haku if I changed my DR Haku. Would there be any merit to having all the subs be Hakus? I have the 2 turn delay batman only for a delay inherit. I do have Indra but no secondary shield. I don't have Yomigon or MP but I do have DKali for that sorta spot. Hes gonna be super strong in Coop since it'll fix his main problem more or less with boosting HP.

3. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you have A.Haku and Persephone you have a core. Z8 and Diza are both very good A3 capable Aizen subs and are farmable so you have all you need for a team available to you if you do decide to pull.

I don't see much merit in more than two Haku's on the team. She doesn't make hearts and her boards are a gamble so the only value in multiples is re-rolling for a better board if the first one trolls you.
    Don't use DR though, you don't want a sub with god killer against the radars let alone god AND dragon. You'll hit their damage absorbs every time you breathe in their general direction.

I wouldn't inherit batman since the delay is too short, just pair with an Aizen friend that has delay. You also don't need Yomigon since Aizen is an unbindable bind clearer himself.

You only really need Indra, the need for a secondary shield can be avoided through dark latents(or dark resists which is what I'm doing) and maybe an HP badge. The secondary shield is still really good to have ofc but not madatory with Indra being the first shield.

4. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    @Gr33nDr4g0n over the weekend, I had some time to tinker with my team. Your suggestions were much appreciated. I settled on this build for A1 for a non-resist oriented team
    Aizen (Orochi) / A.Haku (A.Karin) / A.Perse / Z8 (Uevo Indra) / DMeta (Satsuki) / Aizen (no SI)

This team is incredibly strong. I even hit the wrong arena floor and went into A2 and had no issues clearing. I've opted to for the same build for general purpose but with YomiD over Z8 for another orb changer in shorter dungeons.

I'm going to still give Cecil build a try, though. I have dark resits Aizen, Haku & A.Perse already, so thinking I may sub Cecil in for Z8 and see what type of numbers I get.

Gr33nDr4g0n likes this.
  5. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    All Haku is probably incorrect, though only mildly. I've tried it before briefly, exploring mass haste, but flipped around to limiting the Haku count to 2.

The RCV will actually be so high that a fair portion of it is effectively wasted, and while Haku has good hp, it's probably more correct to mix in an even higher hp sub and let RCV lower from superfluous overflow to reasonable full heal.

The cd on Haku is likewise quite good, albeit not maximally fast. My feel is fast is largely unnecessary, and that this is an academic point, as aizen sweeps so often naturally and can tank and heals hits comfortably, that base cd are very flexible, and +/- 1-2 cd between comparative subs almost never matters.

All four Haku means no bind break, is the last thing. A touch of subs diversity, depending on box, can mix in a sub with row break (AnaPhon/Panda/Yomigon/dkali) for having recourse to unbind without needing as much inherit actives management / avoiding devoting an inherit slot.

6. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    But Aizen clears binds.... You already have 6 turns of bind clear with a heart row. You don't need more.

7. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Nice!

Let me know how you like the Cecil resist variant, seems like it should be pretty strong too.

8. AMDZen

AMDZen ZeN@PF ¥ Baby ZuOh

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    JP Video Guide for Aizen vs. All Radar Dragons

- Heradra - Load yourselves with tank means (Indras, Genies) and do under 2m damage (1 crosses + 4-5c depending on your party composition). In A3, you need about 5-6 turns to take her down if everything went smooth without any skyfall accident, while in her dungeon, you need around 8-9 turns, which means loads of shields and Genies needed.

- Hepadra - Do 2 crosses + 4-5c which should bring him under resolve line, and complete it with another 2 crosses + 3-4c.

- Zeusdra - When hes on light mode, do 1 cross + 1 normal dark match + 4-5c, which should bring you around 4m-5m damage per sub, and that should bring him just above 50% HP. Once he changed his attribute to something else other than light, you can finish him off with 2 crosses.

- Noahdra - Wait until she absorbs attributes that you don't have in your party. Pop a shield, do 1 cross + 1 normal/tpa dark match + 4c to bring you just under 6m damage per sub, which will bring her to under 50%. She will pop a 75% shield and deal some crazy damage on you, then finish her off with 2 crosses + several combos.

- Gaiadra - Just do 2 crosses + 2 normal dark matches + another 2c, which will bring you just under 24m damage per sub, and that should bring her under 50% HP. Finish her off with another 2 crosses + 2 normal dark matches + another 2c.

All the aboves are the strategies that me and my friend used for A3 and PADR dragon dungeons. Do note that you need to add a little bit more damage to the dungeon version due to their higher stats compared to the one in A3. Also adjust your damage if Aizen is on dark mode. The above strategies only count the damage from subs, since we had something inherited onto our Aizens.

Taken from reddit

9. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I know you just copied that from Reddit but not a fan of that strategy for Zuesdra at all. There's no need to risk hitting him with more than a cross first turn since a double cross combo which you have to do to kill him anyway can easily do enough damage to kill him even from full if he's not light so trying to hit that close to 50% is needless and risky. Even more so when you consider Zeusdra's only attack set(above 50%) that will prevent some free stalling after the first hit is the one between 50-60% since that set turns heart to jammers.

10. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm a fucking fraud. I've gotten an A3 clear every day this week with the Minerva Scum Squad*, but I keep botching with Aizen. I keep doing stupid shit like catching a Hel pre-empt at half HP, losing contact with the touch screen on Lak, or taking a poison board on Beez because my board change got overwritten by an inherit. Kill me now.

I think farming A1 so much has turned my brain to mush. The A3 layout makes zero fucking sense to me, now that I have all the stall and burst points of A1 hammered into my skull.

Maybe Aizen has an easier time in co-op, but I hate dragging other people into my messes for this. At least I can pretend to know my shit in A1 co-op.

*Not to be confused with Minerva's Cum Squad.

11. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    On Noah, are you supposed to do the double crosses while she has the shield up? I want Aizen to slay his first radar in the One-Shit Challenge tomorrow.

12. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah double-cross the shield(s). As long as you don't pass 20mil on a card you can hit her as hard as you want once the shield goes up. One cross and a prong when it doesn't have the shield up. I actually just got an A3 clear against Noah yesterday and she's probably the hardest radar for Aizen imo due to the high troll potential from absorb+bind+orb changing. Heph might be harder but I haven't encountered it yet.

13. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The one time I reached the radar floor with Aizen, Noah hit me in the dick for 50K when I wasn't ready. I still get nervous every time I see her art.

14. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I died to her enough that now I pretty much just pop w/e orb changer I need as soon as she's not absorbing dark and water just to avoid a random skyfall pushing her below 90% and triggering said dick-hit.
    Definitely worth having two shields against her or a shield on an unbindable card so you can get her out of her absorb BS asap instead of having to wait for a favorable absorb AND also having to hope your shield isn't bound when it happens.

15. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I have Indra on Yomigon and am well trained on not needing her base active for the entire dungeon. I also had Susano on LOLmiel, but removed that after a bad Beez poison.

I just hate how every time I run with Aizen, some shit catches me off guard. This A3 layout makes zero fucking sense.

16. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Co-opped A3 with a friend and we had a fast, smooth run until my partner dropped the ball on the finisher for Noah. tumblr_nhsxwy5gnI1sqic6co1_400.jpg

17. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

Do you really need rainbow latents for Arena 3 with Aizen? I'm trying to fine tune my Aizen team for future Arena 3 use. I figure I'll need 15 dark latents to tank a DQ Hera hit without a shield, and 8 fire latents to tank Hepdras 3rd hit without a shield. That only leaves 2 open latent slots (not going to unlock the 6th slots) - not including friend's latents. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to tank a LKali hit even with 75% damage reduction...doesn't seem that big of a deal though.

18. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    Well you probably want one light and one blue latent resist specifically for those two 100% gravities. There isn't a big green one I'm pretty sure. Also Aizen A3 ready teams should have little effort needed to one shot the lkali so I wouldn't worry about any hits from her since your pro her element. If you've checked all the boxes for resisting and living then it's just to check all your damage thresholds and emergency move points. Personally I'm so fearful of the Vishnu that I have to save moves for him cause he loves me and I have no orochi or zeta.

honestrade likes this.
  19. Gr33nDr4g0n

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Like @Paul Blank said a light and blue are really the only important ones.

That said Parvati's rage hit is a little over 36k and it's really easy to accidentally trigger it with Aizen so enough green latents to be able to survive that is really good to have if you can find the space for them. In fact I would forget about fire latents in favor of green since you should have other counters on your team for Heph as just being able to survive one extra turn against him with no skills available isn't going to increase your clear rate much if at all. Only reason to go fire would be if you need that third turn for your Heph counter(s) to come back up.

honestrade likes this.
  20. honestrade

honestrade Well-Known Member

Good points about the blue and light gravities as well as having to deal with Parv's rage hit. I think my counters against Hephdra are OK - after the skill delay I'd have either Haku or Cecil available, would likely have Aizen available, and would also have DMeta's shield ready...not ideal but at least I'd have a chance. If I'm inheriting something like Satsuki on Persephone, is it better to leave Satsuki unskilled to have more turns of buffer if Hephdra shows up?