What is loss from 'devolving a weapon form'?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Jul 4, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm assuming that if the skill change from base to weapon form, that would be reset to 1.
    I assume that the XP fed to the weapon form is also loss...

What about the rest?
    Will the devolve form be at lvl99?
    Anything else?
    (kind of wondering if it s worth temporary evolving some sub to weapon form as needed, like Jhoira, and revert them back later on)

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The card retains its level when devolving, just like when you're devolving a "normal" card. You can see the preview before committing the changes.

kandjar and MisterDrgn like this.
  3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Didn't think of the preview :D
    So yeah, the devolved card is at max level, and you have the number of awoken skill the weapon assist had.

So you may loose Tamadra in the process of switching back and forth between weapon and non-Weap form.

(Note: Still love this new devo stuff, allow me to use some MTG cards in their weapon form, as Karn can be a better poison shield than Rathian in team like DKarin)

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The card (or the game) will keep the maximum amount of awakenings unlocked for each card even if they've been devolved to a form with less awakenings. It's been that way. Try devolving a fully awakened card to a form with less awakenings then evolve back and see what happens.

Murdurus likes this.
  5. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh yeah I think you may be quite correct there :D, I remember overfeeding Tamadras to cards before evolving it.
    It would make sense if the opp happened too.

So i guess the potential big loss would be the XP you spent on the weapon form.
    (which can be a lot as the weapon form requires a bunch of millions XP to be max levelled)
    and possibly the skill level *if* there's a change between the two forms

6. NewToPAD

NewToPAD Active Member

People got so upset that I upgraded my Amatsu awhile back to a weapon. Since it had to be at level cap before evolving and I did not pump anymore Exp into it afterwards because it was going to an off-color main card I left it at level ~12.

I have now recently downgraded it back and it resulted in a capped level Amatsu. I have now promptly pumped it up, it has HP+% SA and is 106 now. I just need 3 HP++ latents to finish off his latents. He is a sub in my Mariel deck and uses the gliding ice weapon, everything skill capped.

BurningMan likes this.
  7. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wonder what will happen if you limit break a sub, evo it to its weapon form then devolve it back to it s previous form; which it come back as lvl99?
    For example, I have a lvl110 Anna (); what level would she be if I decided to change her in her weapon form () and then back to her base form?
    I suspect lvl99?

8. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Every card will revert to lvl.1 when made into equip/weapon. If you don't level them, devolving them into normal form will still result in lv.1. If you level the equip/weapon to max (99) then devolve to normal form, it will retain its current level.