What is your most desired card atm ?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by YamaKyu, Mar 5, 2019.

1. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Karin Kanzuki was a mistake. And I love it ♥

User ID:
    349-296-255
    If you had the opportunity to get like maybe 3 cards of your choice (can also be from a collab/special REM (but maybe not JP exclusive stuff)), what would it be, and why ?

I figured recently I'm not super up to date regarding trending super desirable chase cards (9 times out of 10 what is desirable in general isn't too much for me, and vice versa). I know the popular leads, it's easy to see what is played a lot (just look at your friendlist, also screencaps shared on social medias, tier lists, etc...) but that's only for leads. Maybe you want a card for a specific reason, and I wonder what would that be. I'm pretty sure a card having some 7c isn't enough nowadays to make it a chase card (or is it ?), since 7c is pretty much everywhere :9

As for me, my top 3 would be :
    • 3°/ Aizen (bleach collab).
      Without the shadow of a doubt the single most popular non-farmable cross lead (and probably the 2nd most popular cross lead period, 2nd to Rushana I guess). Doesn't look super relevant as is but I'm pretty sure he can still beat stuff. I don't necessarily want to play him though, I mostly want this precious trophy for my cross lead collection.
    • 2°/ Paimon.
      With its recent Mega evo (only @JP right now, soon™ on NA server) Paimon just became one of the best 6x5 cross lead. I think he's overall better than Rushana, Kenshin, Planar or Acala. Paimon has more power output than Planar, alongside a very nice shield that pushes his durability above Kenshin's, only second to Rushana and REvo Seraph Lucifer (still the #1 best 6x5 cross lead imo)
    • 1°/ Xmas Ilmina.
      Name a better sub to Karin Kanzuki than Xmas Ilmina. I'll wait. I genuinely thinks she's her best sub.
      As the cannonest glassy glass cannon that she is, Karin Kanzuki needs HP, utility, Time Extend and shielding to work. Xmas Ilmina almost has it all. And since I'm so into Karin Kanzuki lately, it's only natural that the card I want the absolute most is her best sub : Xmas floof. Had I known earlier I would have tried harder to get her when the Xmas REM was still around, but I'll try my luck when we have a SGF featuring her.
    There are also some other cross leads like Acala, Dantalion or Raijin, but really these are the 3 I want the most. Also Jhoira (Magic the Gathering collab). Gosh I so wanted this inheritable Odindra with cloud resist OTL.
    What about you ? What are your current most desired cards ? And why ?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Aizen was infinitely more popular in his prime than Rushana was. Rushana came a full year after Aizen and by then he had lost a lot of usability in harder content. Rushana wasn't even all that popular when she came out. I would say Paimon is far better than Lucifer too. The same 4x you get from needing 5 hearts with Luci, you get with Paimon passively. The shield is also passive although smaller. The advantage being you don't need hearts every turn to survive. More often than not you can tank at least 2 hits before dropping below 50%. You get more damage from making 2 color crosses with Paimon than you do having to make 2 color crosses and a heart cross with Luci. You give up a slightly larger shield for much better playability, better damage, more flexibility with subs, etc.

Anyways...to actually answer your question.
    1) Rathian
    2) 2nd Shirou
    3) Ideal

Equips, equips, equips. And, equips. They work on any and every team and will turn a good team into a great team. I am hurting severely in that department. Hopefully MH is sooner rather than later. Oh, Ideal is nice too.

Freddy likes this.
  3. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I think I get what you mean but at the same time :
    • Rushana is farmable, so far far more people have her
    • Rushana is still played even today (and LB is right around the corner \o/). Bride Rushana helps a lot with that I think !
    There was probably far more hype for Aizen than Rushana, but in the end Rushana has very likely seen far more play than Aizen because she's widely available and she has such a terrific pairing with Bride Rushana, which makes her more accessible to play and still 100% relevant in today's standards ~

Fair. To be perfectly honest with you, I have trouble deciding which is the best between Luci and Paimon. Only reason why I see Luci as #1 is because I perfectly understand how it works, and hence, its value. On the other hand I really am not used to how HP dependent shield work. I get the idea, but I have never ever touched a lead that works that way so I can't really judge Paimon's shield to its real value, because I have nothing to compare it with. It's easy to analyze REvo Luci because his shield is far more straightforward. You got dem hearts ? You get 75% shield. Paimon I would have to try it to truly see how awesome he is (but the game doesn't want to let me have him OT). Because I absolutely don't doubt he is (but it turns out REvo Luci is as well :9).

This. I will never say it enough but equips are one of the bestest features that has been added to the game. Bless equips. I can't wait to see what they'll make with the new iteration of this collab !
    Though I'm broke af so if MH can come back later I wouldn't be against it :9

4. Noc

Noc Active Member

User ID:
    Noc
    PADherder:
    link
    My wishlist:
    1) Planar: I frequently find myself using Kami as a dark FUA. Planar is straight up better as a sub.
    -Dark FUA, with 3 TEs
    -Fantastic board for my teams that want her like M. Bison and DMeta.
    -Seems intriguing as a lead.
    2) Campus Idol Uruka: I've been really into rainbow teams lately, and Campus Idol Uruka is my dream sub.
    -2 extra seconds
    -Rainbow board that voids attribute absorbs.
    3) Yuna from final fantasy
    -I love Yuna and FF.
    -2 extra seconds and 2 7cs
    -Solid shield active that would work on most teams.
    Those are my top 3, but I would also love Dracoblade (an upcoming GFE), more Cottons (self-explanatory), and the Tokugawa Ieyasu (dark samurai 3 with 3 VDPs).

YamaKyu likes this.
  5. ko300zx

User ID:
    I py'd Rushana the day she came out with the anticipation she would be popular. I never had more than 5 or 6 on my friends list and that lasted maybe a month before it was 0. I had to ask friends to actually put one up if I wanted to play her. Farmable doesn't translate to more play because unless you're going to hard commit to playing that card, or you have infinite resources, the investment is rarely worth it for most people.

Aizen was a top tier lead for an incredibly long time and my Aizen friend list was endless for a good year. Bleach was the best collab NA had at that point and people rolled a lot. It wasn't a one-off pull. They were everywhere. I think you mentioned not being around for Bleach, but trust me, Aizen was used far more than any other cross lead. I actually still have one up that a friend never takes out of slot 1.

6. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    They're not game-breaking, but I have wanted Karin and Amon for so long. I keep hoping I'll land them during one of these SGFs, but so far I only mostly get Hakus and Leilans.

YamaKyu likes this.
  7. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Ideal. Brings damage, hp, and rcv
    2 Jhoiras. Great 7x6 lead that isn't useless after a leader swap. Also her equip looks fantastic.
    Amatsu. Anticipating him to get a 3rd 7c and massive HP on limit break.

YamaKyu likes this.
  8. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Jhoira just for the equip really salty i didn't trade for her back then
    Ideal because she is still the best sub
    One of the two jp exclusive green leads so i can finally put my zelas to use

YamaKyu and Bolts like this.
  9. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Set because art
    D.Kali because I still haven't gotten her since her release and have been chasing her until probably about a year ago when all orbs + heart board changers were becoming more and more common.
    Diablos mostly because I'm expecting him to receive a buff in the return of MH and I don't have a good 7x6 lead.

Over all, I don't have a monster that I absolutely want, mostly, it's because I want them for my collection rather than to use them. Freyja would have been on my list too if I didn't get her several months back but again, it was for her art more than anything.

10. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I’m fortunate in saying that I honestly don’t even know anymore. I’ve pulled so many of my white whales in the last 3-4 months it’s insane. Have also gotten all collab cards that I wanted in the last few collabs in a minimal amount of rolls.

I’d definitely like that scroll lock resist inherit from Monster Hunter.

I somehow have 5 Cottons and zero Neys, so one of those would be nice although I don’t know what I’d do with one.

Ilmina would be my third since I see her popping up in all kinds of random team comps where she’s the only one I lack.

11. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Gosh I'm surprised and sad to read that, I have never ever had any trouble playing Rushana. I even had the luxury to be able to pick some Rush friends specifically for their inherit because I had so many choice. Out of all the cross leads I have tried (a good bunch) she was by far the easiest to find friends, and I ended up with enough to need to scroll several times to reach another lead in my friendlist.
    That said, I didn't jump on the Rushana hype nearly as fast as you because I had trouble just beating the dungeon, and it took me a while. So maybe it's just that you were too fast/players were too slow.

Yes, I was around and I've seen it, both in my friend list and on FB group PAD Global (wasn't on reddit back then), the hype was huge. I'm not denying the fact that Aizen was all the craze, because I saw it. I didn't managed to get one myself (and tbh I was not nearly as much into crosses as I am now, I surely wanted him but if we had the opportunity to trade back then, I wouldn't have (I would today)), but I definitely saw how everyone wanted him.
    But I also saw the decline, and today he's virtually not played anymore (obviously there will always be people like me obsessed with a card who will just keep playing it (and I'm glad the game has some of these people)). Aizen is probably in a similar state as most cross leads where finding friends is a challenge in itself. I haven't seen a single Aizen in my friendlist (bloated with cross leads), both before and after my 2nd hiatus (when my friendlist had basically been purged), in social medias or even in 3p with randos for years. That obviously doesn't mean anything absolute because one man's observation can't accurately picture who plays what and when, when you have such a big player base (and no real tools to see which of your friends play what lead).
    But one thing I can tell is that I don't see Aizens anywhere, while I still see Rushanas. And I have never ever stopped seeing Rushana since the day I started playing her.

That's why I think Rush is "more popular", but tbh that isn't even an important matter. That doesn't change anything I said in my first post, she can be 1st or 2nd or 3rd that doesn't really mean much I think.

I'm extremely looking forward to see what's coming with Amatsu's LB. I'm also extremly sad I don't have it, but I kinda like how he's such a great sub overall.

I relate so much to that. Since the day I dived head first into crosses (Wd/x Fujin's release basically) I feel like I got almost everyting I really super duper wanted, Bride Rushana, Bride Scheat, Allatu, NY Yomi, Hestia, Raijin, you name it, but most importantly Planar (my white whale since her very release), and very recently Karin Kanzuki. Trading really made my life easier ha ha

12. ko300zx

User ID:
    Why would he be played today? He's not relevant anymore (and hasn't been for years) and is outdated and weak. He isn't even "in a state." He's just dead lol :hungover:. It would be self-torture to try and run anything other than content that is as old as he is. Rushana can still be played because she has a 4x HP multiplier (same as many top leads today) so if you have a friends list full of people who also specifically like to play crosses, it makes sense that you would have some on your list. That doesn't speak to overall popularity, only that it's still usable in your very limited niche playstyle.

Anyways, I only brought up having one on my list still because that's how big of a deal he was to some people. He will probably never be relevant again so don't expect to see any, but he put crosses on the map and was one of the most important leads during what was probably the height of PAD. Rushana isn't even in the same league. :D

Sorry for derailing. Have a soft spot for Aizen.

YamaKyu likes this.
  13. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    I burned through so much trying to get Lajoa (or 2 to self co-lead), all the free stones 200+ and probably a pack as well, even made double Kuroyuris in prep.

Most of the other want so bads (in a more long term sense) I have so many on your guys lists; Ilmina, Xmas Ilmina, Cottonx2, Ney, Amatsu, Planar, J’hoira etc. Some things I got lucky on, others I traded for after really figuring out the difference between a “want to have right now” and those special monsters that will keep on popping up as top tier subs on various teams even if I don’t have those teams right now.

YamaKyu likes this.
  14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For my main: Haku, Ideal, and Planar.

If I was rational, I'd swap Haku for Madoo (but it seems I'm more likely to pull Madoo at this point and Scheat x Madoo is SO GOOD).

For my alt: Ideal, Ilmina, and Reeche. (I recently pulled DMeta and Scheat on my alt.)

But my mood may change tomorrow and I might throw Ilmina on those lists.

YamaKyu likes this.
  15. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Horus actually occasionally pops up on my want to have lists, Loki too.

16. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Oh, now that is surprising ! May I ask why ?

17. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Once upon a time I wanted to make a Sephiroth team where Horus and Loki wouldve been top subs. Most recently Horus is the best in class R/B on Type sub on a Ilmina/Madoo (Isis filled in the blank). I needed rainbow to justify Orya's inclusion as the team's Absorb void.

ambiguous57 and YamaKyu like this.
  18. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Ha I tried to make Sephiroth work for so long. I would love for FF to come back with an update that made him relevant.

ambiguous57 likes this.
  19. ko300zx

User ID:
    Horus made me quit pad in 2012. Was so tired of 2x attack teams and taking 30 mins to inevitably die in something like Hera descended and couldn't roll one to save my life. Started working on a Valk team but got pissed and just quit for like 2 years. Just got one during last SGF and just missed his MVP role in the previous ranking. One day....one day I'll put him to use.

20. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Horus is also by my opinion a better card for Red than Venus is for Light, and Venus definitely wore a few key Assists for a bunch of C9/10s on my Yusuke team, though I've replaced her with Bride Bastet who fills the same niche but has 2 poison resists.

I’d also love Bleach and Kenshin to come back around. All three collage I whaled and got multiple 6*s.

At least Kenshin sees use on Shirou almost entirely for his relatively short cooldown and Cloud Resist

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019