What SHOULD the best cards be?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by protoaddict, Dec 27, 2016.

What should contain the most elite cards

1. GFE's from the REM

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Monsters from the MP shop

23 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. Special Descended Bosses

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  4. Other

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. protoaddict

protoaddict Active Member

User ID:
    I mean this is a generalized question, but on average what cards do people believe should be the "Best" in the game?

I ask this because I was looking at the Neptune Dragons upcoming ultimate and his 2.25/100/2.25 lead stats (prepping so hard for him) and how, really, his numbers are not even that impressive compared to Myr or Keade, one of whom is a GFE and the other is a Descended farmable. Neptune is only available as a 300k MP shop item and needs crazy evolution materials to be good, where as Keade can literally be obtained for 5 stones by a new player and needs evo mats you can get out of the PAL Machine.

Personally, I believe that the best monsters in the game, the most elite ones, should be the MP shop items since they are only obtainable by people "earning" them through playing the game and earning points. I think the GFE's should be stronger than regular rolls of course, but I really dislike that 2 of the 3 best leads in the game (Ronove and Keade) are both 5 stone monsters. I think the special decended monsters should have strong roles in the game, and be somewhat balanced by their evo mat requirements and grind to full power them, but I really have a hard time with Myr being one of the best leads in the game.

Am I off base here? Shouldn't the MP shop stuff be the "best" in the game? Otherwise what is the point of it at all?

Sky7 and Seanna like this.
  2. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the MP cards should be best, since they require the most effort to obtain and develop. However, I didn't like the early days of A1 where you had to grind forever if you didn't have the teams for RaDra or Yomigon.

It is a bit unfortunate how I approach the MP Dragons these days more as fun alternatives to the regular Myr shit, than I do as openers of new doors.

3. Gr33nDr4g0n

Gr33nDr4g0n Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Currently an MP card is arguably the best lead(Radra) and MP's have been ranking on the tier lists for as long as there have been MP dragons so I think they're in a decent place though I was also expecting more from some of their new evos other than Radra who's right where he should be.

As far as Myr dominance, having a top tier farmable lead isn't new. It's just been awhile. *Cough*Zeus*Cough*

Regardless I voted MP. Having top tier leads available for purchase gives everyone a chance to have something great regardless of which color(s) their box trends towards. Farmable leads should only be good for clearing stuff slightly harder than their own dungeon, if even that. IMO

4. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    The effort required for MP dragons are as hard as Myr and therefore they should be at her power level, is what I think. Some of them have a farming purpose and that is fine, they don't all need to be an endgame leader, as long as they excel in that purpose they are meant to do. Nepdra should get that 100x for 8 orbs, not 18

Sky7, RageSedai and Dando like this.
  5. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

This is how I think the hierarchy should be

edit: why was that so big o___o one moment
    edit2: size is now more bearable

Sky7 likes this.
  6. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Like I always say: pantheons don't exist

7. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    The best cards should be MP cards, I agree. We should reward those dedicated alb users who farms endlessly for MP points and those whales with numerous disposable duplicate cards.

By best I'm assuming ease of use to payoff ratio

In terms of most powerful, I'm hopeful that kerokeroplessie will get that title after his buff.

8. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

As a non-IAP, I rather having better cards at monster point shop, followed by descended and then GFE (do we need even more GFEs? lol).

I mean, I'd love harder dungeons with harder bosses giving decent drops (like Myr), but harder dungeons with stupid annoyances giving useless crap (like Titania) could be forgotten.

We need more farmable leaders like:
    - Myr (almost everyone plays her nowaday),
    - Scarlet (if you don't have Tsubaki),
    - Volsung (not the strongest leader, but somewhat useful),
    - Zaerog Infinite (hey.. its Zaerog infinite!),
    - Hel (nice to play, too bad very few people play her as leader),
    - Zeus Dios (what... everyone w/ ALB has at least one ZD...)
    - Satan/Beelzebub (if you don't have Lu Bu),
    - etc.

Sky7 likes this.
  9. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

I feel like the best cards should take a little skill to reach their max multiplier. Not saying every card with an easy activation should be worthless but I just think you should be rewarded for actually knowing how to puzzle well.

The new Eva-Myr is a good example. You have to match all 5 colors plus a heart cross to reach the max multiplier. The problem with her though is her active is almost guaranteed to give you a board that you can't fully activate on. Really fucking stupid. They should have just given her a light-Ronove skill. Maybe the point was her leader skill could be so powerful so they had to balance her with a shitty active? Either way I saw some videos of people in jp who just run a shit ton of Dkali board changes or a Ronove or two and that team can fuck. Still though if they didn't want to give her an active to help her activate her ls she could have got like a regular shield active or a delay or low cd time extend like Horus/Venus. She would wreck in 7x6 though.

Dando likes this.
  10. Xayvin

Xayvin Floofy Tail Fanboy!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    While I agree for the most part that MP monsters should be just as powerful as rolls in the REM, they should not be more powerful than rare REM cards. People who either: 1.) Spend stupid amounts of money rolling the REM for things like a Kaede system, or 2.) People who are lucky -- should be rewarded with equally powerful cards.

If we're being realistic, GH would never make the hierarchy: #1 MP cards, #2 REM cards, and then farmables--simply because they'd net less profit overall. Everyone would just farm MP with whatever means they have, and just purchase MP cards. People would still be rolling the REM for subs naturally, but chasing system cards, ultra rare collab cards, and 6* GFE leaders would be almost ill-advised because the "free" options are more economically viable.

xer 21, nickjr and wangatang0830 like this.
  11. King Spin

King Spin That Guy

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think they work it the most profitable way powerful rem card so you will pull then powerful descend for it to farm then powerful mp monster to spend the build up then repeat rotation makin money lol

nickjr and Marioman95 like this.
  12. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

MP cards should be "the next best thing", not the best, but always be.

13. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    R.E.M.
    MP is stupidly easy to get now, rem is mainly paid content...

Why pay when you can get the best for free? Bad business strategy.

14. Skindy

Skindy I blame the kids

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I voted Other because neither the MP nor GFE options fully relate to diligent gameplay (ie they just invite whales) while very strong Descended monsters like Myr seem to distort the whole game.
    I would prefer to see something like the most powerful monsters being from the MP shop, but only becoming available once you reach particular game milestones. There should be lots of variety in the milestones, such as some being for clearing particular dungeons at various levels, others for completing pantheons, still others for achieving a certain number of +297s etc etc. That way IAP would still be admitted and useful to those who want to spend, but the game would have more of a "journey" than it now has.

Seanna likes this.
  15. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    I honestly think the balance is pretty good right now? Look at the aggregate tier list setsupad compiles:
    [​IMG]
    We have an incredibly healthy mix of MP, Farmable, GFE AND Pantheon cards holding with splashes of collab rares to make them desirable to roll in. What this means is that basically no matter what kind of player you are there's a path for you to make it to endgame, even if you were the unluckiest player alive you could coop Myr Descended and farm yourself up an S rank leader. If you weren't or are lazy, hey, there are lots of other great options for you.

Also interesting to note is that not a single new card or Revo has usurped Myr in terms of powerlevel - in fact its almost intentional in how they're all "almost great". Why is that so? Personally I think it's just a sign we're supposed to take that maybe it's ok to play "second best" - they're almost universally good enough to clear high level content, with coop always being there for you to make things easier.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Nemesis, O4rfish, Gr33nDr4g0n and 5 others like this.
  16. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    how did you fix the size? I have the same problems

17. juijin

juijin Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think the balance is good right now. It comes down to what play style you want to use to reach the top (rows,tpa,sparkle,cross,match 4, rainbow,....) that determines the focus of where you want your lead from. But in all honesty I think the best card should be Sakuya and its a shame she hasn't been buffed.

18. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    Code:
    [image=<insert pixel width here, 350 is usually good>] <insert image url here> [/image]

Noobzilla likes this.
  19. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    Makes sense to me that the revos are not super strong. Most people have those cards already and if GungHo makes them the best leads then there wouldn't be much point in rolling or spending to get top tier cards. But then there's Myr...

20. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think it would be great if the special desended monsters would be among the best leads, the problem with Myr is that heartcross went from meh to incredibly overpowered. Most other special desended drops are incredibly meh Budget options.
    z8 was great during his time, but was also locked behind a hard ass dungeon at the time and required hard to get evo mats so he was something for longtime players to work towards, which is exactly what I would like to see from future rouge bosses.

I see the point why mp cards shouldn't lag behind Power creep and 6 Star gfes need to be powerful for different reasons, but it would be great if there would be an endgame dungeon that rewards more than just a priced evomat