What stylus do you all use?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by iTetsu, Mar 23, 2015.

1. iTetsu

iTetsu Member

I'm using both the Adonit Jot Pro Mini 2 and the Wacom Bamboo Solo 3, and I must say the mini-disc of the Adonit Jot Pro has to be the best thing I've ever used in terms of accuracy and ease of use.

The only caveat to the AJP being that I tend to fiddle around with it a ton while I'm waiting for the damage to be done. This causes the disc to separate sometimes and it even flew across half my room once by accident. Let me tell you this, trying to locate a transparent disc on an gray floor isn't a fun thing to do. I've been occupying myself with fiddling with my case instead and haven't lost the disc once since. The disc needs to be replaced every 3 months according to users though if you're a heavy user (which I reckon most PAD players are)

The Wacom Bamboo 3 on the other hand is much travel and fiddle friendly, as the only immediately detachable part is the cap, whereas the other bits such as the tip are removable as well, but won't come off with simple use. The tip which is made out of microfiber is very hollow and not as conductive as I'd like but it glides over the screen so easily! Especially when compared to the AJP. I'm not using a screen protector, which completely eliminates any issues with those, and I still find myself pressing quite hard on the tip for the stylus to register which is tiresome as well as often completely dropping the register, causing me to lose control of the orb and end my move prematurely.

So, I've been looking at a new stylus to sort of combine the two. The amazing precision of the AJP's mini-disc with the solidity and rigidity of the WBS with all the solid parts which don't fling around my room if I fiddle with it and feel safe to travel with. This as well combined with a non-extreme price of 100+ dollars, as I'd like to leave some money in the bank for when I do decide to IAP (inevitable).

I came across the Wacom Bamboo Fineline (59.99), but that uses bluetooth. However, that is the exact form-factor I'd love. A 2 mm tip( or 1.9mm in this case), which doesn't necessarily need to be replaced over time. Although I'd also not mind a very solid microfiber tip which will register as soon as you touch the screen with it. I absolutely hate rubber ones though, they're atrocious.

2. Pacifica

Pacifica Rin Rin Rin

I'm using a Trent Arcadia. The package i got was 2 stylus for the price of $12.00 USD on Amazon. The tip is a microfiber tip that is hollow on the inside so it pushes inwards when you apply pressure. You need to apply enough force to get it maybe 1/4th - 1/3rd of the way inside to get it to register on an iPhone. It's about the length of 5 quarters (didn't have a ruler lol). The tip is retractable like a pen and it has a clip similar to a pen so you can attach it somewhere.

3. EretaHEART

EretaHEART Waifu Quester

User ID:
    394 856 300
    PADherder:
    link
    Stares at eye-opening discussion regarding stylus gameplay in PaD.

Opens new tab, types in amazon.com.

The rest is history.

Seriously though, I never thought of this as a way to solve the "finger blocks orbs" problem, lol. Silly me.

4. Grizztof

Grizztof Shirley, you can't be serious.

5. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

my stylus is the one that I was born with... i really should get an upgrade...

6. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
  7. EretaHEART

EretaHEART Waifu Quester

User ID:
    394 856 300
    PADherder:
    link

That's great, son. I just don't know anymore

No further comment.

8. EretaHEART

EretaHEART Waifu Quester

User ID:
    394 856 300
    PADherder:
    link
    If only the finger was transparent, PaD would be easier. Although that's pretty much the only benefit I can think of for that.

9. tbryson018

tbryson018 Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm using the Lynktec TruGlide stylus and as of using it for about three months or so I have little complaints. It's about $10 US on amazon and about the width of a pen but a little shorter than one. It's got a microfiber tip
    that's pretty responsive, except when the screen is really dirty. If it's dirty sometimes it'll skip over orbs and waste a turn, but just clean your screen regularly and it shouldn't be a problem. It's also fairly stiff but I can't compare to the other as I haven't used any others.

10. Bizahr

Bizahr Light in Darkness

User ID:
    I'm using the Su-Pen Mini... and have loved every minute of it. I used my finger for the longest, but now I feel as if I left my arm at home when I forget it. I've tried cheaper stylus, but they drop my movements when I move fast and take a while to register when I touch the screen. I love how small it is, that it's metal, and that it has a screw on cap so it doesn't get beat up when it's in my pocket.

:)

11. jenb

jenb Member

I've been searching for a transparent stylus but I can't find one.

12. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been using the amPen $7 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Stylus-amPen®...=1427165935&sr=1-5&keywords=microfiber+stylus

So far so good. I had previously been using a bamboo rubber tip which dragged quite horribly. The 'hard' tips work better than the soft on that one for sure but not by much. Next I tried the Lynktec TruGlide which was better but I didn't like the overly squishy-ness of it. It just didn't feel solid. It did glide well though!

So far so good with the amPen. It's a nice combo of both, firmness of a rubber tip and softness of a microfiber. It's rather large though. I wish it was the same size as the TruGlide. It'll just take some getting used to. At worst it was a whopping $7 lol!

13. LuneSave

LuneSave The sky is closer in the city above, right?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    On my sister's tablet I use the pen that it came with. Yes, it came with a pen. No it's not very good.

14. SNG^_-

SNG^_- Kirin oooooh kill'em!

I use my finger....but okay. Okay okay. I have seen all these comparions so my interest is now piqued. But HOLY SHIT Su pens are expensive...just checked amazon. all right @Diesel you and your amPen are up buddy, at worst it was $7 huh? I will be giving it a shot.

15. Reni

Reni Recchi is l-lewdddd

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    I use Su-Pen (PAD version).

I own 3 styluses... Adonit Jot Pro, Su-Pen (PAD version), and TruGlide stylus. Of the three, I prefer the Su-Pen. TruGlide makes sqeaky noise when I use it, and I use Jot for writing because of precision only. For smooth movement of orbs, Su-Pen wins.

I do use a screen protector, so that could make a difference too.

16. felirx

felirx ?_?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Friendly Swedes since that was the only reasonable option available in EU. They are pretty good but I do wear out a tip in a few months.

17. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    The best stylus of all.
    It's called the Finger 1000

18. Raika

Raika ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉)

User ID:
    ( ͡◉ ͜> ͡◉)
    PADherder:
    link
    I use my nose so I can smell victory with every move I make. :v

19. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So far so good, $6.99 and free 2 day shipping. <3 Prime.

It's a bit on the larger side though. I like the feel better than the TruGlide. Felt like I was crushing the tip everytime I had one of those critical combos lol!

Pressure needed is different than the TruGlide, closer to a rubber tip stylus but with smooth strokes. ;)