What team should I build?

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by AzureusLux, Jan 4, 2017.

1. AzureusLux

AzureusLux New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Hi there,

I've been playing pad for about 2 months now non-iap and am pretty new to the PAD online discussion world. The team I've been getting away with so far is Nut, Echidna, Lilith, Verandi, and Red Sonia. Although I don't know how, I've cleared up to Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle.

If anyone could give me some advice on how to move forward with a team I would be very appreciative. My padherder name is the same as my name here, azureuslux.

2. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    You have some good cards, but no real obvious, cohesive team. The best I can suggest is run a mono green team lead by verdandi.

Verdandi / kaede / phact / marine rider / Kushi or Avalon / verdandi

That would be a pretty decent team once you get people evolved, levelled and skilled up. Focus on making tpas for damage.

3. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Cunnin' Linguist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Also work on skilling/leveling/awakening Australis to skill inherit onto Phact or someone else on the team. But that's after you level/evolve your core team.

4. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Come to the darkside!!

Durga-Kakkab - Vampire Lord - Grape Dragon - Yomi. Durga will eventually be D/B once you get her evo'd. Yomi will be D/G once she is awoken. Easy way to learn to play rainbow teams.

Sherufanir likes this.
  5. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Could also just lead with Kaede and learn to heart cross. Same team otherwise.

6. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    you could do that, but it's a pretty awful kaede team and would be very hard to play. for the purpose of powering through the early game dungeons and getting used to the game the verdandi team is powerful enough and much more new player friendly.

7. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Kaede is very user friendly for early game because there are no preemptives. You make the cross once and then blow everything up through the rest of the dungeon.

ainvar likes this.
  8. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think green is your best color, just develop that and pull in every godfest as much as possible.

Once you're good enough at comboing Awoken Kushinadahime is a fantastic lead. Kaede is also a top lead even without the Kaede system, and Verdandi makes a great sub for her. Eventually you can farm MP and buy Rangarok Dragon as an additional sub. There isn't much that team won't be able to clear.
    In the meantime, Verdandi is worth developing and using as a tanky, easy to play lead. Avalon Drake is great, first as a sub, and eventually you may find he becomes an inherit as your box grows. He'll never be irrelevant.
    Australis is also great.

While you're at it, build up that Ganesha and start working on getting some Zeus Dioses (3 total) and a Nazca. That is a long term project but when you get that team ready you can use Monday dungeon to power rank all the way to rank 800 in coop. (Obviously this would take a long time, but it really will speed up your development.)

The Dioses will also serve you well as coop leads since you don't have a Liu Bei, and will allow you to farm Zaerog Infinity for MP if you so choose. (The farmable lineup is Dios x4 Anji for P1 and Dios x4 Swallowtail for P2--but since you have Drake you can use that in place of a Dios.)

9. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just to be clear:
    AKushi Verdandi Kaede Drake Australis is already Arena 1 solo capable, and should be able to clear basically all content up to that level. This is a top notch team. Once you add Ragnarok Dragon in it'll be even stronger. But you have to learn to combo up to 7 consistently, which isn't trivial. Work on that time extends badge!

For farming run whatever you want.

Z8 farming is a great thing to add to your rotation because you can power rank while simultaneously farming MP to buy other powerful cards.