What to do with Planar? Skilling up King Tyrannos/Brachy?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Fridgeboy, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Well-Known Member

So I pulled planar and I no idea what to do with her. If she was devil I could have at least thrown her on my Belial team but with god/machine and being colour limited I don't know what to do with her.

I have king Tyrannos and Brachy, what is the fastest way to skill up these guys? Tried gungho collab but actual in dungeon skill ups for them.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. tina

tina pedro aguiar - snobiety

cant help you with planar since I never pulled her :(
    for the starter dragons, I used manticore
    his dungeon gives out the skill ups and is really easy to farm

Fridgeboy likes this.
  3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would skill up the starters in Legendary Dragons' Footprints. I've done my Tyrannos and Plesios there the past couple days, and only need 5 more skillups on Brachys. Floor 5 drops the pre-evo of the starter dragon that you can easily evolve into a skillup, and the boss is a skillup as well. Plus it's a solo only dungeon, so you have the chance for an in-dungeon skillup, although it's relatively rare. I've been farming it with Hino x Ganesha, although the floors with bigger spawns don't die immediately so if you have Vajrayaksa or Vajrabhairava they'll be better. With the Ganesha and current 5x EXP event, you're looking at about 100k EXP for 30 stamina, which could chain rank you depending on your rank.

Fridgeboy likes this.
  4. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

planar is a sub for my dark-ideal team for FUA, 3 fingers, and great active for kill.

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Mechdragon dungeon (the technical one, not the coin dungeon) has one floor with Chimera for each color depends on the dungeon. So far, it has 100% drop rate. If you can co-op, it's even faster with no skyfall lead and Dios.

Fridgeboy likes this.
  6. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Make crosses meta again

User ID:
    349-296-255
    • Lead with her
    • become a cross god
    • ??
    • Profit

Don't forget Allatu is a perfect pairing for her !

Fridgeboy likes this.
  7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    She's fine as an Amen sub, as you need FUA somewhere on that team, and Amen doesn't care about typing.

8. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I pulled a Planar too, no idea what to do with her. She has a pretty awkward typing and her active doesn't make colors that are popular in today's meta. I haven't really found a reason to not play my Vraska team anyway so Planar will likely sit in my box until I can find a use for her.

9. Fridgeboy

I know you were hoping for one because all you do is crosses lol

Do you run Sitri at all? I'd love to run her more but I haven't found a friend who uses at all yet

YamaKyu likes this.
  10. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I would if Sitri wasn't type restricted :< I so want to play water crosses (the only attribute I don't have a cross team yet) but water lacks good cross leads. I hope Mega Awoken Skuld will be a kick-ass water/wood cross lead so that she even works with Bride Rushana :9

11. Fridgeboy

Looks like I'm going to have to make an alt and try to pull just a sitri lol

I think rows are trying to make a comeback so you might not get your cross lead.

My sitri team is Sitri, sitri, sitiri, isis, deightros lol

12. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    (That's a lot of "I" and "S" if you ask me :9)
    Sorry for not playing her, really, like, I'm 1000% pumped to see more crosses play but I just don't have a good Sitri box x)

I'm fine with rows being strong again tbh, I've been digging these for a while, I like it a lot too (crosses are better though ha ha). There's this Zeta guy in the GungHo collab thingy, looks very promising as a Meridionalis pairing ! Also there are these sweet sweet Ameno ults.
    Skuld can become a row lead, I'm ready for it !

Fridgeboy and Cheeseghost like this.
  13. Fridgeboy

Haha I hear you. I've been using lajoa for awhile now, I was able to tank hanuman with him for 110 turns in 3P annihilation, he is just awesome, I love rows! I'm like you but instead of crosses I've stuck with TPA and rows lol. I need to get better with crosses. I know there's a trick of stacking 3 columns on one side and there's a way to make 2 crosses there with some kind of S movement through the columsn and all you have to do is make a cross out of the the other side and that is the "easy way" tog et 3 crosses on a 5x6.... <- That makes more sense in my head lol

No worries about not playing sitri, one day someone will add me. I have so many enhances on that sitri team that the damage from 2 crosses is huge!

14. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Planar will probably be the number one FUA option for the new DMeta Evo. Just sayin.

Fridgeboy, Trap and YamaKyu like this.
  15. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
    Yeah I totally get it, it confused the hell out of me for a long time but once you get the move it's really reliable. Hardest part is actually making 3 columns, it takes so long ! But then the 3rd cross and the S thing is pretty fast and then you can watch your beautiful cascade crosses. Not gonna lie, cascade crosses is the most satisfying thing I have ever done is this game so far (and I have tried a bunch of funky stuff ha ha)

I need to re-learn everything for 7x6 crosses though, I don't get how cascade works in such a board lol

Fridgeboy likes this.
  16. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Seems odd that Game8 doesn't even mention her even in the list of alternatives to their preferred setup. They use the new 10c Kami and haven't seen Planar much in videos either. Any idea why? I'm guessing maybe just RCV reasons?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1000655375400488965

If you haven't seen it.

Oh and for 7x6. :D https://twitter.com/i/status/1009727447296716800

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    YamaKyu likes this.
  17. YamaKyu

User ID:
    349-296-255
  18. bp1976

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I honestly have no idea. I saw 10c Kami being used too. Seems weird to have a card that needs skyfalls to proc. Maybe just her rarity? Not too many people have her.

I use my eyes, and planar looks amazing. But the RCV must be it. Either that or the low CD active, planars active has a pretty high CD, but it is pretty useful too IMO. Plus I need them there fingers LOL. It's too bad that Halloween Verdandi has that full heal portion of her active, as she might be better if not for that.

I would prob use something like DMeta/Odindra/Planar/Blujin/Flex/Dmeta if I were playing solo. That covers all colors in case I want to use something with skill haste or guard break in the flex slot. 10 fingers and two attacking colors. Flex spot can be anything, but probably want to use something with some punch. NY Yomi, DKali, Cronos, Uranus, something like that. The pool of double 7c gods is surprisingly shallow.

19. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    10c Kami hits 2.5x harder than Planar at 10c. Also better stats and lower CD active. Planar active is nice but messes you up if you're using any non-dark focused team. Plus Kami is cuter.

20. bp1976

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ha. Ill give you the cuter part.

You are aware, though, that planar has over 1350 weighted stats right? Planar has less RCV, but ridiculously higher stats overall.

And I mean your leads are dark, so with planar OR Kami, 1/2 of your team minimum is dark, so you are always going to be running a dark-focused team LOL.

And Kami's 10c requires skyfall, so you can't count on it. And her base active has a heal component, which I am not real sure why people use it on DMeta as it could mess up activation? Those JP sites usually know what theyre doing, but I would personally use planar. Thats just me though.

YamaKyu likes this.